• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears 5 Wireless controller, Xbox One X Limited Edition, and more announced

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The title of The Coalition has not yet come out that we learn in a tweet (now deleted) that a wireless controller featuring Gears 5 will soon be released in stores. A rumour to be taken with a twist, of course, since neither Microsoft nor Rod Fergusson have disclosed any information about this controller at the time of writing.

018.jpg

Thanks mods for the title change:giggle:

Last edited:

Aintitcool

Banned
You mean Capcom?
Well both nintendo and capcom technically. The game was exclusive. The controller didn't come to PS2 and game console manufacturers have to approve official controllers. Either way, point is Gears deserve that kind of controller that is bloody, unique and gorey.

Last edited:

BTHR Zero X

Well both nintendo and capcom technically. The game was exclusive. The controller didn't come to PS2 and game console manufacturers have to approve official controllers. Either way, point is Gears deserve that kind of controller that is bloody, unique and gorey.
PS2 on the Left, Gamecube on the right.
res4chainsaws.jpg

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Looks cheap and ugly. Basically what I’d expect from anything Gears related these days.
Yeah because gears 5 doesn't have a lot going for it full co-op campaign,versus, brand new escape mode with map editor and horde mode. Yes very cheap. /s

Codes 208

it's almost like people should wait till a game actually releases instead of just bashing it because of one trailer they didnt like. GASP
Or maybe they couldve, you know, focused on showing actual gameplay than some stupid promo for their horde escape mode back during e3 and a 20-sec cgi teaser for the campaign for a game that releases in less than six months.

(And even when they did show off gameplay for that mode it looked super lackluster. I certainly have no interest.)

NeonGhost

Or maybe they couldve, you know, focused on showing actual gameplay than some stupid promo for their horde escape mode back during e3 and a 20-sec cgi teaser for the campaign for a game that releases in less than six months.

(And even when they did show off gameplay for that mode it looked super lackluster. I certainly have no interest.)
It's the 6th gears game I think people should know what the game play is like

Codes 208

It's the 6th gears game I think people should know what the game play is like
Halo 5 plays differently from halo 4, halo 4 plays differently from halo reach. Despite being the same series, these games play differently from eachother, same goes for gears. (Although judgement is the only real black sheep in terms of altered gameplay)

Each game usually goes throughs a new set of balances. After gears 4 felt too “samey” to gears 3, i started losing interest. When gears 5 was shown off looking a bit more generic my expectations dropped like a rock. But the gameplay felt a bit more refined and streamlined than 4 so its back on my radar.

Last edited:

NeonGhost

Halo 5 plays differently from halo 4, halo 4 plays differently from halo reach. Despite being the same series, these games play differently from eachother, same goes for gears. (Although judgement is the only real black sheep in terms of altered gameplay)

Each game usually goes throughs a new set of balances. After gears 4 felt too “samey” to gears 3, i started losing interest. When gears 5 was shown off looking a bit more generic my expectations dropped like a rock. But the gameplay felt a bit more refined and streamlined than 4 so its back on my radar.
Characters now have special abilities in escape and horde mode that's new

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

No matter what they do you can say, well they should've done this instead! Their agenda isn't to please neogaf. They have shown campaign before and they have stated numerous times they will show more BEFORE the game ships. But you've clearly already made up your mind based on one thing you didn't like. Shocker!

But it goes with any game. Wait till it's out to make a final call.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Last edited:

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
That's a lot of hoopla for a waning franchise...

Havoc2049

I think Gears of War is on an upswing. Gears of War 4 was better than Gears of War Judgement and was on par with the original trilogy.

That GOW5 Xbox is really slick and when combined with the controller and controller stand, it’s really cool, especially for hardcore Gears fans. The 3D look of the Gears logo being under snow and ice is sweet.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Does Gears 5 have that much juice? I liked Gears 4 but don't really care about this. I'll definitely play it, but it's not 2008 anymore.

Top Bottom