• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 NVIDIA Error Promo Keys From Amazon Mass Revoked

xkramz

Since best buy took over amazon place on the promotion, I have contacted best buy to get my code emailed to me. I received it already so what should I do? I'm scared to redeem cause gears 4 is in my account right now telling me to repurchase and it's not dissapearing.
Edit: the person above answered my question. I believe.

Since best buy took over amazon place on the promotion, I have contacted best buy to get my code emailed to me. I received it already so what should I do? I'm scared to redeem cause gears 4 is in my account right now telling me to repurchase and it's not dissapearing.

You had a $7 key that was revoked and Best Buy sent you a new key? What?

Caayn

Is it in your account or just your download list/hard drive? Once you redeem a new key it should give your account a new license for Gears of War 4.

anyone bought from this guy got a refund?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/201674401339?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

sent him 2 msg and no response.

Yep, I'm waiting until next week so that eBay can step in and help issue the refund for me.

JYDL26O.png

Calmine

I'm getting error 0x803f8007 every time I try and download so I'm guessing my key got revoked. I bought it off a seller on eBay, fortunately he refunded me, but now I'm wondering how do I get the game now?

I would like to eventually pick it up, but the store just keeps errors and doesn't give an option to purchase.

Iorv3th

It was $35, and the person I bought it from apparently bought it from someone else first...something I was not aware of. I'm not too happy with his response, because he makes it sound like I'll only see a refund if he gets one from his source first.

You bought it from a shady person then. Did you use paypal? You can file a claim through paypal.

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
I'm getting error 0x803f8007 every time I try and download so I'm guessing my key got revoked. I bought it off a seller on eBay, fortunately he refunded me, but now I'm wondering how do I get the game now?

I would like to eventually pick it up, but the store just keeps errors and doesn't give an option to purchase.
As it supports XPA, you could buy a digital Xbox version on Xbox.com and you will receive the game on Windows as well. It's another option. I think there is a Paypal promotion as well.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/promotion...oto_learnmore_tw_null_xboxmark_Organic_9.30.2

jrush64

Banned
It was $35, and the person I bought it from apparently bought it from someone else first...something I was not aware of. I'm not too happy with his response, because he makes it sound like I'll only see a refund if he gets one from his source first.

We bought from sir_dany. He just told me the same thing again. Its not my problem if he doesn't get a refund. I bought from him and not from whoever he says he bought from.

x3sphere

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Participate on a grey market without consumer protection at your own discretion. Hasn't this always been the case?

We bought from sir_dany. He just told me the same thing again. Its not my problem if he doesn't get a refund. I bought from him and not from whoever he says he bought from.

Did he send you a response recently also?

After my reply about how I told him it wasn't my problem, and that he should make good on our deal. He sent me a reply that simply said "just wait" which is so damn rude and abrupt, that I'm fuming.

I expressed this in the b/s/t thread already, but I'll say it here again. I'm all for working with sellers, but this guy has given me no assurances that he will make this right with absolute certainty.

Edit: and once again, he sends another reply that sounds just as shitty... he says "Maybe other gaffers got it for free, I didn't" as if this is my problem...

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
lol, this is hilarious. I'm at fault for thinking I was buying a legit code which was being given away via a promotion that Microsoft themselves made the game a part of. It has been common place around here for people to sell codes for video card pack in games at a reduced cost, and spending $35 didn't seem like chump change.

You really need to get off your high horse.

The major issue with secondhand keys is that if the seller is unreputable, there's a reasonable chance it was obtained via fraud.
If the key was obtained via fraud, and the original owner it got "stolen" from, i don't have a problem with the recall.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Participate on a grey market without consumer protection at your own discretion. Hasn't this always been the case?
Doesn't stop certain people from claiming they deserve stolen products and blame the companies/people who take their stolen shit back.

I feel sorry for the $45 ones as that seems on the legit end on BST, but people jumping on $7 keys, >.>

Was hoping to pick one of these up for around 30 but oh well. Is it available cheaper on other markets? Like 40ish euro anywhere? Not paying 70 euro for a PC game.

anyone bought from this guy got a refund?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/201674401339?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

sent him 2 msg and no response.

You have to request a refund. If he doesn't respond under 5 days, you will be able to take it to Ebay directly.

Definitely not a fan of the way Microsoft handled this though. Certainly won't be buying Gears 4.

It's not Microsoft's fault that you bought a key from a shady deal on ebay.

Anyone bought a code from wolfdawg2011 on Ebay? Requested a refund hours ago and still no response. I have the feeling I will have to wait till I can ask Paypal to refund it directly.

Anyone bought a code from wolfdawg2011 on Ebay? Requested a refund hours ago and still no response. I have the feeling I will have to wait till I can ask Paypal to refund it directly.

i ordered from sassygirlcheryl on ebay. requested a refund about 15 hours ago. not a peep from her. better not have wasted $34 as im someone who cant afford to buy every game i want.

edit: whats even more bullshit is that i cant even change my feedback i left her.

Bought from the same guy and haven't heard a response yet. Not worried though since it's eBay. If he doesn't respond within a week, eBay will step in.

Definitely not a fan of the way Microsoft handled this though. Certainly won't be buying Gears 4.

Yes, blame Microsoft. That's the lesson that should be learned. It's all their fault and I can't think of anything I did that could receive the bulk of the blame.

hollomat

Banned
It's not Microsoft's fault that you bought a key from a shady deal on ebay.

I paid $40 for it before it came out about the Amazon scam. I had no reason to assume it wasn't from someone who bought a new card and didn't want the game.

It is on Microsoft that the controls for the promotion were so crappy that keys were generated for free and then flooded the market. And that their response is to just completely cancel all these keys weeks later.

Like I said, I'm not worried about getting my money back since I bought on eBay. I just the way Microsoft is handling is trash. Anyone who scammed the keys and sold them, then fled gets to keep their money.

Don Lapre

I paid $40 for it before it came out about the Amazon scam. I had no reason to assume it wasn't from someone who bought a new card and didn't want the game.

It is on Microsoft that the controls for the promotion were so crappy that keys were generated for free and then flooded the market. And that their response is to just completely cancel all these keys weeks later.

Like I said, I'm not worried about getting my money back since I bought on eBay. I just the way Microsoft is handling is trash. Anyone who scammed the keys and sold them, then fled gets to keep their money.

Selling the codes isn't allowed in the first place so if you are talking blame you should have never bought it.

It's not even Microsoft distributing them. It was an Amazon glitch.

Gitaroo

I requested a refund through eBay last night and he refunded me this morning.

Didn't just send him a message though, there's an option in eBay to request a refund - can't find the link right now as I'm on my phone. Anyway, using that may make him respond quicker.

Thanks, a link will help us a great deal

jrush64

Banned
Did he send you a response recently also?

After my reply about how I told him it wasn't my problem, and that he should make good on our deal. He sent me a reply that simply said "just wait" which is so damn rude and abrupt, that I'm fuming.

I expressed this in the b/s/t thread already, but I'll say it here again. I'm all for working with sellers, but this guy has given me no assurances that he will make this right with absolute certainty.

Edit: and once again, he sends another reply that sounds just as shitty... he says "Maybe other gaffers got it for free, I didn't" as if this is my problem...

Yep he sent me a message saying he's waiting for a refund. I don't believe he's waiting for a refund. I believe he did the amazon thing himself. Doesn't seem like he's going to offer a refund at all. We might as well wait for 48 hours or something.

Tecnniqe

Banned

True but it's from a person not a company so buyers beware

More than likely Amazon and Nvidia figured it out and contacted MS to cancel the scam codes. It's Nvidia who's responsible for the promotion in terms of codes, together with Amazon who fucked up

In the end it's on you for buying unverified keys from unofficial sellers. MS is handling like it should, people looking at them for blame need to step back and check how paying for illegal goods work out
Bolded

Yep he sent me a message saying he's waiting for a refund. I don't believe he's waiting for a refund. I believe he did the amazon thing himself. Doesn't seem like he's going to offer a refund at all. We might as well wait for 48 hours or something.

Even if he is waiting for a refund like he says, I don't know what world he's living in that he thinks we should have to wait for anything because he wants to make sure he's happy first. He took responsibility when he sold us goods, he never said he was getting them from another supplier, and I had no reason to think he had more than one even.

itsmedave

Even if he is waiting for a refund like he says, I don't know what world he's living in that he thinks we should have to wait for anything because he wants to make sure he's happy first. He took responsibility when he sold us goods, he never said he was getting them from another supplier, and I had no reason to think he had more than one even.

Since he sold you a bad key he acquired from elsewhere he needs to eat the cost of the refund and hope he gets his refund from elsewhere.

sensui-tomo

I'd just initiate a charge back if I were you, I'm seeing red flags pop up.

Come on man, you knew he was selling more than a key at once.

So you didn't think for a second, that somebody selling dozens of keys given out by selected retailers when you buy a GPU was somehow shady?

And I'm not trying to be mean to you. I'm not buying the game at launch because at 70€, I just cannot afford it.

I will give you one thing, if digital games' pricing wasn't so insane, I'm sure you and the other gaffers wouldn't have been tempted by this.

Chris1

Exactly, you gave the money to him not his supplier, he should be refunding you first then dealing with his own problems. That's how I see it.

Hope everyone gets their money back. This is a complete mess.

Give him a day,l or so, if he doesn't refund, dispute that shit and leave him neg feedback. Maybe report if it's a few of you.

Top Bottom