• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears (of War) 6 wants and wishes

Do you want to see them continue the Kait/JD/Del story arc?

• Yes

Votes: 24 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 48 66.7%

• Total voters

fatmarco

I think we need Marcus Fenix back as lead if they're going to bother with it. Kat was ultimately boring as was JD, and even If I didn't hate either of them, they just did not have the charisma to be a lead character in a Gears of War title.

Also Gameplay needs to become more fluid and less restrictive. Games like the Division flow a lot better than Gears of War these days.

Rippa

Reimagining/Reinvention

Call it: Gears

No open world horseshit.

If they can’t do that, then just let the series die and create something new.

danklord

Gold Member
They need to find a way to completely revamp the third-person cover shooter genre while still maintaining its core aesthetic elements so it doesn't throw off core fans. And a story with an actual ending. At this point, their gameplay mechanic is 16 years old, and no matter how pretty the engine is, I'm tired of playing it.

Outriders, to me, showed the limits of what this kind of gameplay system can do.

I want more of a horror tone. Make it dark, gloomy and gory. Shake the ip up. Gears needs it and people are more into horror then ever before. Look at sales of resident evil.

Last edited:
No woke shit
More of a horror feel
No open world

Gratuitous violence, like more than we've seen, to the point that it bothers woke cunts and religious fairies

Last edited:

DoomGyver

Dark and gritty. Gameplay of Gears 2/3. They’ll do the opposite by catering to everyone so it’s easier to get a kill or complete the campaign because m-o-n-e-y. So expect lovely colors, one hit wonders and open world.

Please prove me wrong.

Rickyiez

Who is the lead is not important they just have to be well written and badass with little nonsense . (like Marcus Fenix in Gears 1)

Make Gears 6 without all the open world bullshit , and increase the horror tone several folds .

drezz

Bring back 4 player CAMPAIGN
2 and a HALF player CAMPAIGN sucked.
Who wants to fly around like a shitty robot that does fuck all during most of the firefights "Do one thing.. now cooldown lol".
More 4 player coop stuff to do, like relocating big boxes one handed and a gun in the other kind of shit here and there, tanking up togheter and mass shooting some shit, and group stompng a downed single enemy... Let us be assholes vs the damn enemies/bots.

I did'nt HATE the "open world" ~ness of gears 5, and it was somewhat cool they changed from snow to sand.. but I'd rather them COMMIT to ONE place and make it good.. also, maybe do some basebuilding and rescuing allies that can help fortify the base for a Tower Defence OP during end game or some shit.

Fuck the robots, booring to shoot at. Only the scary stasjonary robots was somewhat entertaining, even doh that ONE takedown animation for dismanteling them when they were "ZZzleeping" got boring after the third takedown.

Give more FUN weapons! That are OP! Versus Big enemy waves!

Bullet sponges are booring, more targets instead... the xbox has the ram for higher enemy count!!

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
More of the Hivebusters, please.
eye-brow-raise-eye-brows.gif

Dibils2k

No more Kait, Del and JD. Make a prequel about the Pendulum Wars or something. Anything but a continuation of Gears 4 and 5. Won't happen, but one can dream.
going back limits way too much...

and dont worry one of Del and JD wont be in Gears 6 anyway

what is everyone talking about with woke stuff? There hasn’t been anything like that in gears 5😂
to people, having a female character is woke now

Last edited:

Roufianos

More lore dumps and please make Marcus, Cole and Baird the focus.

The new characters are just awful, especially Fahz, and cut out those shitty one-liners while you're at it.

No open world either. I have no hope anyway, I don't think The Coalition has a clue why people liked the original cast.

Release with full feature set, all multiplayer modes.

Don't do it like Halo Infinite/ Gears 5 where they are missing important features at release.

Apart from that I wouldn't change a thing.

For people here complaining about gameplay, maybe the series hasn't clicked with you?

Last edited:
Hivebusters has a pretty good gameplay balance. At this point I think they should embrace this dark/horror mood that we have in part of Gears V.

Ogbert

Game needs total and utter reinvention.

New combat, weapons, mission design. Everything needs to change.

GoW is the most disappointing franchise in video games. Went from being the coolest and most exciting to tired and boring.

Ywap

I want a real open world and more advanced stealth. And more gore and horror ofc :messenger_tears_of_joy:

The previous game was pretty good though (y)

Last edited:

Valt7786

More lore dumps and please make Marcus, Cole and Baird the focus.

The new characters are just awful, especially Fahz, and cut out those shitty one-liners while you're at it.

No open world either. I have no hope anyway, I don't think The Coalition has a clue why people liked the original cast.

Oh, they know why we liked the original cast, it's just we're not *allowed* to like characters like that anymore.

no more "timer bar" reloads, just put a new mag in ffs
better more modern movement, i dont need to hold down the A button to sprint ffs, we have an analogue stick for walking into running.
less action more horror.
no more glowing ammo.
no obvious set pieces with certain height barriers and strategically placed barrels etc.
auto jump like zelda 64.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Mainly thinking weapon and enemies wise, sure they could ignore the continuity but it would still be weird

They had plenty of weapons during the Pendulum Wars, and it would mean different enemies (UIR) than the regular Grubs (or Deebees). It would also give the relationship between Marcus and the Santiago brothers more meaning as well. Heck, even though we already know how it went, I wouldn't mind playing Operation Leveler or something.

But then again, there's just no way they won't continue from 5. Unfortunately.

OldBoyGamer

Banned
Gears seriously needs a change of direction for me. The extreme linear corridor narrative driven game has grown so stale I haven’t cared about it for ages now. Unless they’re going to bring in an entire new narrative team to raise the quality.

More open gameplay. Less linearity for me. And better enemies. And better main characters. The current lot are so bland and boring

Last edited:
Top Bottom