• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War: Tactics (Kinect)

JJD

Man this could be good (specially if it has been moved to next gen kinect) but it will probably be bad... =(

wildfire

Banned
It's good to see someone making an RTS kinect game. It was the first game type I thought would actually thrive on this platform. You can make an awesome RTS with the Kinect interface.

It's good to see someone making an RTS kinect game. It was the first game type I thought would actually thrive on this platform. You can make an awesome RTS with the Kinect interface.

This sounds more like a turn-based strategy, but I agree, Kinect and strategy games seem like a good fit. Maybe make it a hybrid, kind of like Valkyria Chronicles - moving in turns, execution in real-time.

M3d10n

This sounds more like a turn-based strategy, but I agree, Kinect and strategy games seem like a good fit. Maybe make it a hybrid, kind of like Valkyria Chronicles - moving in turns, execution in real-time.

I don't know. The standard way of selecting things with Kinect is keeping your hand still over them for 2-3 seconds. Doing all the tasks on a strategy game that way would get tiresome and annoying very quickly.

Alx

I don't know. The standard way of selecting things with Kinect is keeping your hand still over them for 2-3 seconds. Doing all the tasks on a strategy game that way would get tiresome and annoying very quickly.

they definitely need to change the "hover to select" method... in a game already using gestures and voice, I think it shoul be possible to move the pointer with your hand, and select a unit by saying a command ("select", "you !",...)

JaggedSac

Wonder how many more Kinect games were canned before being announced.

There were probably multiple games that MS was developing for the core gamer with Kinect. They were canned once they realized they would be ass. This is most likely why their game output for the last couple years has been a little lackluster. They had plans, but they fell through, and at that point they needed to start up the next Gen projects. Perhaps lessons were learned.

they definitely need to change the "hover to select" method... in a game already using gestures and voice, I think it shoul be possible to move the pointer with your hand, and select a unit by saying a command ("select", "you !",...)

Hopefully they have created a simple one handed controller.

Top Bottom