• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GeDoSaTo - Downsampling from Infinity and Beyond!

ss_lemonade

Does this still work with Final Fantasy XIII? I can't seem to get the game to launch anymore when gedosato is active. I would use DSR if I could but it doesn't look like nvidia has added support yet for mobile gpus (on a laptop)

epmode

Tried installing GeDoSaTo on my new laptop but I keep on getting this when I launch it even after I've disabled secure boot:
tIGl2v6.png

Tried redoing everything from a clean install. (also I do have the pre-requisites installed.)
Anyone have any idea of whats going wrong? Windows 10 if that's important.

Same exact error here. I just reinstalled Windows 10 Pro 64. My old installation was a legacy BIOS and it worked fine but my new one is UEFI. System Information reads Secure Boot State: Unsupported (I have a P67 motherboard, I believe it's one of the earlier UEFI implementations. Couldn't find anything about Secure Boot in the menus).

The program is installed to the root of my C drive. Prior to installing, I ran the Visual Studio 2015 file linked on Durante's blog. Also tried the .NET file but the installer says I already have it installed.

Any ideas?

edit: And now it's working. Not sure what I did. Maybe installing some prerequisites for some other games I'm installing fixed the problem?

Does anyone know if it's possible for some workaround if your UEFI Secure BOot is locked via BIOS and unchangeable on Win 10? Only really want this for Ds2 atm with texture override etc but i just checked BIOS and it's not changeable :(

Or am i just shit outta luck?

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I just installed this to play around with it.

So far downsampling is working for ME3, however, the mouse is completely weird.

It doesn't hover around items on the game. I'm assuming it's a windows issue with larger resolutions or something.

Parsnip

I just installed this to play around with it.

So far downsampling is working for ME3, however, the mouse is completely weird.

It doesn't hover around items on the game. I'm assuming it's a windows issue with larger resolutions or something.

Did you test out any of the mouse compatibility fixes close to the end of GeDoSaTo.ini?

Anteater

Posting some PSHash for the hudless screenshot function I've accumulated just for reference and people who don't want to look for them (like me...), hope someone can find them useful! and I'm too lazy to test them since I don't play my games as much I'd like to lol, so some may not work, also thanks to my profile folder being a mess with a bunch of different backups :(, had to dig for some of them... it's why I didn't upload them to github

Alpha Protocol (I think...)
injectPSHash d938c429

Bioshock 2 (this needs more testing since I find it broken with Minerva's Den, I just started this game and played for like 2mins lol)
injectPSHash ff3cafbe

Bionic Commando (the one uploaded caused some artifacts on my end, try this if you run into the same issue):
injectPSHash d1d5079a
injectDelayAfterDraw true

Dead Rising 2 OTR (it disables the DoF blur too but I didn't find a better one)
injectPSHash 0660d0df
constrainInjectedRT true

Double Dragon Neon
injectPSHash 7e472f9f

Ghostbusters the Video Game
injectPSHash 010620bb

Half-Life 2 Update (should work for HL2 too?)
injectRenderstate 52,1

Kane & Lynch 2 (I think...)
injectRenderstate 37,1185669120

Kungfu Strike
injectPSHash 806bcb0a

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
injectVSHash 34a8fe8b

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (I remember there were problems but I only used it for its camera mode mostly, alternative: b344b0b2 which doesn't work with its photomode):
injectPSHash 3ede6b71

Ninja Pizza Girl (I don't know why I bothered):
injectRenderstate 175,3212836864

Outland (works after the intro I think? don't know if it'd break in other levels):
injectPSHash 858b354d

Overlord
injectPSHash 4aee71b0

Overlord (if you have bloom disabled in options)
injectVSHash fa5bc7ea

PURE
injectVSHash 81f2355f

Race the Sun
injectPSHash bc03b9ee

Resident Evil Revelations (I remember Rev2 would use different hash for different sections just in the first episode... so it could be the case here too)
injectPSHash ce1b0034
injectVSHash 8a81da8b

Star Wars the Force Unleashed
injectPSHash 8cfea303

Sudeki (only played for like 20 seconds)
injectVSHash 49558b95

The Last Tinker
injectPSHash d791db69

Torchlight 2
injectRenderstate 139,4294967295

Wolf Among Us (doesn't disable the target circle, just move the cursor away from them)
injectPSHash bcbd3833

Game of Thrones Telltale (think it works after the first portion is done, same issue as wolf among us with the target circle thing)
injectPSHash b3b19df3

Way of the Samurai 4
injectVSHash 50e19391

Zenoclash
injectRenderstate 52,1

Zenoclash 2
injectPSHash 02282b05

Edit: Removed some of the ones I uploaded to github since I tested those or they're more recent games I've played that should work. :V

Does anyone know if it's possible for some workaround if your UEFI Secure BOot is locked via BIOS and unchangeable on Win 10? Only really want this for Ds2 atm with texture override etc but i just checked BIOS and it's not changeable :(

Or am i just shit outta luck?

Been having a similar problem as well. Never had the issue on my previous rig since it was still running Windows 7.

Posting some PSHash for the hudless screenshot function I've accumulated just for reference and people who don't want to look for them (like me...), hope someone can find them useful! and I'm too lazy to test them since I don't play my games as much I'd like to lol, so some may not work, also thanks to my profile folder being a mess with a bunch of different backups :(, had to dig for some of them... it's why I didn't upload them to github

Don't you need executable name for these to work?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

Cool, I'll link this post in the OP.

Durante

Great work, you (or someone else really) should make a pull request for those so that they don't get lost.

Paracelsus

Any idea what could be causing this?

http://abload.de/img/screenshot_2016-01-08zdq2b.png

Forlane|Rei version (rather, forlane dll replacing the latest version's since it gives the error.txt), all it takes to explode like that is for rivatuner to be open with custom D3D activated, I don't even need to turn osd on. Close rivatuner, works fine. No OSD no matter the sw though (except fraps which works but overlaps on itself as soon as I upscale).

Majukun

i get an error when trying to update to build 2056 from within the program..i click continue but then it remains in "extracting files" without any progress

Wanted to post a small how-to since I just felt the urge to play Splinter Cell Chaos Theory in 4K with some downsampling in the mix and realized AMD VSR wasn't cutting it (apparently Nvidia DSR doesn't work either with this game) :

• Launch and configure the game to its max settings (Shader model 3.0, Tone Mapping...) then quit the game.
  • Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Ubisoft\Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and modify SplinterCell3.ini
    Code:
    [WinDrv.WindowsClient]
    WindowedViewportX=640
    WindowedViewportY=480
    [B]FullscreenViewportX=3360
    FullscreenViewportY=2100[/B]
  • Now make the file SplinterCell3.ini Read-only !
  • Download and install GeDoSaTo.
  • Activate the game in the whitelist.txt file :
    Code:
    # GeDoSaTo Whitelist
    # One application name per line (application name = file name of the .exe without the .exe)
    # Wildcards supported (* = any sequence of characters, ? = any single character)

# Format: 
    # Exe File Name (or pattern) || Readable Name (optional)

[B]SPLINTERCELL3[/B]
  • Edit GeDoSaTo.ini so that the rendering resolution matches the one you've just modified in the above step :
    Code:
    # The actual rendering resolutions you want to use,
    # and how many Hz you want the game to think they work at.
    # format: renderResolution [width]x[height]@[hz]
    [B]renderResolution 3360x2100@60[/B]
  • Now some additional parameters to make the game compatible with GeDoSaTo :
    Code:
    # Forces borderless windowed fullscreen mode instead of fullscreen mode
    # options: "true" (= force borderless windowed FS) and "false" (= unchanged)
    [B]forceBorderlessFullscreen true[/B]
    Code:
    # Adjust the reported client rect when downsampling
    [B]modifyGetClientRect false[/B]
  • Now you can launch GeDoSaToTool.exe and enjoy running the game with the best IQ available !
* Of course you're supposed to replace the 3360x2100 resolution with whatever your monitor can support
* Yes this works on Windows 10

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Does anybody have an idea why GeDoSaTo would cause Dark Souls II to crash upon startup? Recently installed Windows 10 x64 and I can install GeDoSaTo without issue, but upon starting DS2, I get a "Program has stopped working" error after a few seconds. Seemed to only happen when I had texture overriding enabled, but now it crashes as long as the program is activated.

robgrab

Nice list. HERE is one I found a long time ago for Flashback 2013 although I'm not sure if it was rolled into GeDoSaTo since I haven't used it in a few years since NVIDIA introduced DSR.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=131924954&postcount=2914

ABK

Banned
I've been trying to use GeDoSaTo for the first time in a long while and I can't get it to work with any games.

1. I'm on win 10 64-bit now whereas I used to be on win 7 64
2. I disabled secure boot and installed all suggested packages from the install page.
3. GeDoSaTo itself seems fine. No error messages etc. But my games will not launch with GeDoSaTo active.

I'm probably missing something obvious but it eludes me. Hopefully someone has dealt with this issue before and can help.

Not sure if you ever fixed it but I was having the same problem as well. Fixed it by uninstalling GeDoSaTo and reinstalling it in a folder that has no spaces in it. It wasn't working in program files so I installed it in my games folder and now it works.

The latest update seems to have broken something with Valkyria Chronicles for me. The brightness in realtime cutscenes as well as gameplay is constantly changing slightly about once per second.

(the difference visible when cycling through the images)

The problem is gone when GeDoSaTo is deactivated, so it has to be related somehow.
Can anyone confirm, or offer an earlier version for download so I can check myself if the behaviour really changed? (I accidentally reran the GeDoSaTo updater so my own local backup files of the earlier version were overwritten)

edit:
I focused so much on that annoying flickering that I didn't notice the whole 2D background is missing in the images above. :D

Favocado

The latest update seems to have broken something with Valkyria Chronicles for me. The brightness in realtime cutscenes as well as gameplay is constantly changing slightly about once per second.

The problem is gone when GeDoSaTo is deactivated, so it has to be related somehow.
Can anyone confirm, or offer an earlier version for download so I can check myself if the behaviour really changed? (I accidentally reran the GeDoSaTo updater so my own local backup files of the earlier version were overwritten)

edit:
I focused so much on that annoying flickering that I didn't notice the whole 2D background is missing in the images above. :D

Just installed Valkyria Chronicles for the first time today and ran it with GeDoSaTo (latest version). I tried downsampling from 4K and 1440p down to 1080p. Unfortunately, I'm having the same problem as you; Whenever I have GeDoSaTo running I get the weird lighting glitch as well as textures missing in the character portraits during dialogue. During the prologue mission however not only is the water texture missing but the tree models/textures start freaking out in weird ways, sometimes straight-up disappearing at certain camera angles (I'll get some screenshots up soon). I've been looking for solutions but haven't found anything.

Edit: Here's what I was describing:

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Just installed Valkyria Chronicles for the first time today and ran it with GeDoSaTo (latest version). I tried downsampling from 4K and 1440p down to 1080p. Unfortunately, I'm having the same problem as you; Whenever I have GeDoSaTo running I get the weird lighting glitch as well as textures missing in the character portraits during dialogue. During the prologue mission however not only is the water texture missing but the tree models/textures start freaking out in weird ways (I'll get some screenshots up soon). I've been looking for solutions but haven't found anything.

edit:

You should both try going to edit config, finding Valkyria's config file, and removing the PSHash for the game if it exists, then reporting back your results.

Favocado

You should both try going to edit config, finding Valkyria's config file, and removing the PSHash for the game if it exists, then reporting back your results.

Thanks for the reply. I just tried this but unfortunately got the same results as before.

Lime

Regarding Dragons Dogma, the game crashes at start up with GeDoSato enabled. It seems like I have to delete config.ini whenever I want to boot up the game. Then GeDoSaTo works fine when changing the settings from the game's option menu.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong since I have to delete config.ini every time I want to boot up the game?

EDIT: by config.ini I mean the game's config.ini in Appdata\local\Capcom\dragons dogma

Durante

Hmm, I did some changes to state management recently that might have broken VC. I'll investigate.

Regarding Dragons Dogma, the game crashes at start up with GeDoSato enabled. It seems like I have to delete config.ini whenever I want to boot up the game. Then GeDoSaTo works fine when changing the settings from the game's option menu.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong since I have to delete config.ini every time I want to boot up the game?
That's strange, I can't reproduce that issue.

Yes, that fixed it. :)

Should I report issues directly to Github next time I believe something might be wrong?

..and I just noticed the binaries are also on Github, so next time I could check there if I wanted to compare the behaviour of the current revision to an older one.

For those with Windows 10 (I'm not sure if it's restricted to just W10) and any of the newer ASUS boards I followed the instructions here to successfully disable secure boot.

Now I can get back to using GeDoSaTo and finally start Dragon's Dogma properly!

Durante

I pushed some of my latest changes (mostly on improving AO injection by providing ways to eliminate artifacts) and made a blog post about both that and the new multi-stage postprocessing.

Dr Dogg

I pushed some of my latest changes (mostly on improving AO injection by providing ways to eliminate artifacts) and made a blog post about both that and the new multi-stage postprocessing.

Cool!

Also multiple PSHashes is a big plus on some titles where I found UI elements are still visible in certain scenes.

So for an AOHash just track the shaders and find a suitable hash as your entry point(s) then right?

KainXVIII

Is this settings ideal for DDAA?

# Determine the type of AO used
# "SAO" = Scalable Ambient Obscurance
# "HBAO" = Horizon Based Ambient Occlusion
# "VSSAO2" = Volumetric SSAO
# "MSSAO" = Martinsh SSAO inspired by ArKano22
ssaoType HBAO

# Enable and set the strength of the SSAO effect
# (all 3 settings have the same performance impact!)
# 0 = off
# 1 = low
# 2 = medium
# 3 = high
ssaoStrength 2

# Set SSAO scale
# 1 = high quality (default)
# 2 = lower quality, lower impact on performance
ssaoScale 2

# Set SSAO Blur type
# gaussian = soft, cheap
# sharp = depth-dependent, more expensive
ssaoBlurType sharp

Durante

Sadly, the update broke the DD AO hash in some dungeons. Will need to find another new one.

Is this settings ideal for DDAA?
I think HBAO looks rather bad and doesn't have good large-scale coverage. I use SAO.

This is my config for DDAO:
Code:
forceBorderlessFullscreen true
postProcessingType asmodean
enablePostprocessing true
addProcessingPass deband.fx

pluginOverride GenericDepthPlugin
ssaoType SAO
ssaoStrength 3
ssaoScale 2

(I also use a custom/tweaked postprocessing shader)

Durante

"30 frames" or "40 frames" isn't a very useful metric, since it depends on your initial framerate, but high-quality artifact-free injected AO is not cheap. Especially in DX9. In a simple game like DD it wouldn't be too unusual to spend almost as much GPU time on AO as you do rendering the frame.

Of course there are a billion parameters you can tweak to get a different performance/quality tradeoff, the default is heavily on the quality side of the equation.

Durante

Also AO is visible above some stats screens or when you buying something (like one shopkeeper in quarry)
That's the same issue. (Unless it happens outside of dungeons). Finding the right hash for the new version will fix both bleed through fog in dungeons as well as the UI bleed-through.

Edit:
Oh, and what I forgot to mention is that the current setup only works reliably if your character has visible (that is, not hidden by a helmet) hair.
(Because when the game draws hair it's a very good marker for when it would be the best time to apply AO. It's after all the other geometry but before all the fog/smoke/particle/light overlays)

Durante

I forgot to mention that frame dumping now makes it much easier to identify target shaders, since it dumps at every shader change and lists the shader hash in the filename. This is particularly important if you need more than 1 shader -- you can now also directly test these by reloading settings while the game is running as long as "TrackShaders" is enabled. However, this also means that you need to be careful about which resolution you do a framedump at -- you don't want 20 GB+ of data per dump ;)

Would something like Dark Souls 2 (just as an example) not work with this because it doesn't use generic depth?
Most of the changes don't really matter to DS2 -- e.g. this particular way of fixing the fog rendering wouldn't work for it because it does things differently. However, you should be able to use SAO and its improvements in DS2.

Parsnip

I forgot to mention that frame dumping now makes it much easier to identify target shaders, since it dumps at every shader change and lists the shader hash in the filename. This is particularly important if you need more than 1 shader -- you can now also directly test these by reloading settings while the game is running as long as "TrackShaders" is enabled. However, this also means that you need to be careful about which resolution you do a framedump at -- you don't want 20 GB+ of data per dump ;)

Most of the changes don't really matter to DS2 -- e.g. this particular way of fixing the fog rendering wouldn't work for it because it does things differently. However, you should be able to use SAO and its improvements in DS2.

Oh, so it's different. I think I'll load it up and look at it myself, always curious about these things.

And yeah, I was surprised at the amount of dump frames and wondered if that was new as well in this version.

Durante

I added a new hash for the latest version of DDDA to the profile, it should fix the AO issue in some dungeons.

Here's the difference between an unsuitable (or no) AOHash and an ideal one:
screenshot_2016-01-30hlq3i.png

screenshot_2016-01-30iuoq1.png

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

Oh shit. This is the real game changer.

Top Bottom