• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gekitou Ninja Taisen 5?

So I saw a lot of Playstation Naruto threads but has anbody heard about Gekitou Ninja Taisen 5? I think that series is way better than the Playstation variations so far. I checked out Tomys site but no info, I heard it might be for Wii? Any information???

Naruto said:
Gekito Ninja Taisen is bad....Narutimate hero 3 is way better...much more like the anime.

Um, no.
GNT = A try to capture the style and feeling of the battles within the Naruto-series with high accuracy

NH = fan-service total, characters that havent fought yet get some made up specials, all that matters is the character-count

As for GNT EX for Wii, the only other news (well, info, as its an old news) is, that its not developed by 8ing, and will be released in spring 2007 in Japan.

MasterMFauli said:
Um, no.
GNT = A try to capture the style and feeling of the battles within the Naruto-series with high accuracy

NH = fan-service total, characters that havent fought yet get some made up specials, all that matters is the character-count

As for GNT EX for Wii, the only other news (well, info, as its an old news) is, that its not developed by 8ing, and will be released in spring 2007 in Japan.

That's pretty much how I feel. The GNT games are closer to the feel of th anime IMO, while NH3 makes up a lot of stuff that hasn't happened yet or hasn't been seen. There's just no feeling like the first time playing GNT and both you and your opponent throwing kunai's and they clash just like in the anime or manga. However, I do feel GNT4 was a little gimped by not having the Rescue Sasuke arc specials...Hope EX turns out well.

Vard

The Wiki article on it also says: "The game has been confirmed to use the Wii Remote in some way."

TreIII

Trying to compare the two is stupid, because one is more akin to a Power Stone/Smash Bros. type of game play while the other one is actually more of an actual fighter.

They're both nice in their own way, but it all depends on which game actually suits what you want. And GNT has been ruling the roost and actually has at least a semi-serious following because more people like it. Just go to any given anime convention like Otakon, and see how the GNT series dominates on a similar level to Smash and the other "serious" fighters there, while NH has a much smaller demographic.

Gandara

The anime is still doing fillers so until the anime series starts back to where the manga is you'll probably won't see GNT 5 for a while. There is some guess that the anime will stop the fillers sometime in Feb 2007 so I'm guessing GNT 5 will be release sometime late '07.

TreIII said:
Trying to compare the two is stupid, because one is more akin to a Power Stone/Smash Bros. type of game play while the other one is actually more of an actual fighter.

Yeah, but you can say that GNT really feels like fighting, while NH, as you said, is more like SSBM, a fun-fighter.

I dont know, isnt GNT EX = GNT 5?
If ao, GNT 5 comes spring 2007.
Hopefully, all new specials + transformation + remaining characters will be added. Only would be nice, but its nothing i care too much about, as GNT has such a great gameplay^^

MasterMFauli said:

The only news we have is the worst one...

SuperSonic1305 said:
NH3 has a billion times more depth then the GNT series combined.
Wow that made me cringe...

NH3 has always been considered quite a button masher while GNT series has combo cancels and timed attacks..

I really hope that the game gets cut back, so we can play as more of the awesome characters, instead of someone stupid....like Cursed Seal Mizuki....

I wanna play as Deidara!

Zepking said:
Wow that made me cringe...

NH3 has always been considered quite a button masher while GNT series has combo cancels and timed attacks..
No kidding, Narutimite hero although a good game is NO match for Gekitou no matter how you cut it. I mean look the game has characters and moves that hasn't even been explained yet...I wonder how things will change when the manga goes on.

Naruto

MasterMFauli said:
Um, no.

No....
GNT=Slowwww,substitution/kawarimi jutsu system is awful,story mode never evolves,the pace of the fighting is bad,never captures the anime's feel correctly,can't refill chakra,only by hitting...(?)..(+all of your chakra is wasted by one reversal...=/)

NH=FAST PACED!(just like it should be),substitution/kawarimi jutsu system is awesome and let's you feel like your'e playing the anime itself with lots of reversals(Budokai 3 style),
3 super moves for each character,story mode evolves with RPG/Adventure elements,can refill chakra,the abillity to use other projectile weapons than kunai adds alot,over 40+ characters which almost all of them are made well done and different,alot more content than GNT....

Top Bottom