• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gematsu: Sony to hold Playstation Experience event in December

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akiller

A new Batman: Arkham Knight gameplay video is coming out today. It'll be available here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPXtuCDp47s

It's part one in a series of three videos. The third video will debut during Sony's keynote at PlayStation Experience.

Note: Not sure when this video is supposed to go up. It's apparently supposed to be up now, but it's still private.

Edit: Vid's on my computer now and uploading to YouTube. So regardless of whether or not they un-private it soon, I'll have it up in a jiff.

Wasn't an Arkham Knight video gameplay announced For TGA Too?

While we've been able to infer it for a while now, a gameplay trailer debuting at the keynote pretty much confirms that this isn't going to be your TGS/CES type of keynote, but closer to their press conference model.

While we've been able to infer it for a while now, a gameplay trailer debuting at the keynote pretty much confirms that this isn't going to be your TGS/CES type of keynote, but closer to their press conference model.

Yup that means bombs could be dropped!

Did you get that video uploaded salromano?

#bringbackpatapon
#bringbacktwistedmetal
#bringbackjumpingflash!
#bringbackapeescape
#bringbackslycooper
#bringbackfolklore
#bringbackwarofthemonsters

Thought I'd cover a few bases you guys missed ;)

I'm pretty excited for this as a lifelong PlayStation fan, although my expectations are pretty non specific. I just really want one franchise revival.

delSai

#bringbackpatapon
#bringbacktwistedmetal
#bringbackjumpingflash!
#bringbackapeescape
#bringbackslycooper
#bringbackfolklore

I'm pretty excited for this as a lifelong PlayStation fan, although my expectations are pretty non specific. I just really want one franchise revival.

Thats all i need. The last one was so good. Drop dem bombs sony, Gaf is ready!

#bringbackpatapon
#bringbacktwistedmetal
#bringbackjumpingflash!
#bringbackapeescape
#bringbackslycooper
#bringbackfolklore

You forgot #bringbacktomba and #bringbackparappaumjammer. Fail list bruh.

Folks get a chance to look behind the development of some older titles, other ways in which certain parts of the game development process work, meet developers, take part in contests, get collectables, and of course, play games. It's being promoted as a community event, because that's what the idea was born from, something for fans.
This would be very good; I love learning about the history of games, particularly beta and cancelled games, and hit up sites like Unseen 64 regularly. I'm sure there are crazy betas of PS1 and PS2 1st-party games that have yet to have any info divulged on them, and an event like this would be a great place to do so.

I'd blow up if they got Sega to do the same and they started talking about all the cancelled Saturn/Dreamcast 1st-party stuff more in-depth, tho.

Mullah88

#bringbackpatapon
#bringbacktwistedmetal
#bringbackjumpingflash!
#bringbackapeescape
#bringbackslycooper
#bringbackfolklore

Socom? Syphon filter?

RPGamer92

Banned
#bringbackpatapon
#bringbacktwistedmetal
#bringbackjumpingflash!
#bringbackapeescape
#bringbackslycooper
#bringbackfolklore

#bringbacklegendofdragoon

#bringbackBrokenHelix
#bringbackOverblood
#bringbackCardinalSyn
#bringbackLegacyofKain
#bringbackFearEffect
#bringbackParasiteEve
#bringbackOnimusha
I could go on lol.

No way in hell do I think we will ever see these but one can dream.

I want to see GG new game

I know for a fact that it will look gorgeous.... GG's graphic work and art design usually melds into some overly delicious steaming cinnamon bun roll

plus having that new story director helps a lot

Shawn Layden reads Neogaf though :p

Shawn Layden seems cool, but he's filling some pretty big shoes hence people are still talking about Tretton. But he can earn some serious brownie points by announcing a new old game at this conference such as Vib Ribbon/Parappa/Alundra/Medievil etc (delete as applicable).

Ideally, if they cover all the megatons we want, should be at least 2 hours.

I'd say if they deliver all the megatons we want as well as gameplay footage we're looking at a solid twelve hour conference.

Boo this man!

All i want is Patapon revival on Vita

First things first.

Kulche.gif

Shawn Layden seems cool, but he's filling some pretty big shoes hence people are still talking about Tretton. But he can earn some serious brownie points by announcing a new old game at this conference such as Vib Ribbon/Parappa/Alundra/Medievil etc (delete as applicable).

I'd say if they deliver all the megatons we want as well as gameplay footage we're looking at a solid twelve hour conference.

Shawn I think is fine. He just isn't as good in front of the camera. Jack could sell ice to Eskimos on camera.

5amshift

Banned
Might only attend the Bloodborne panel and that's it. Looks like I'll be getting everything done on just Saturday and take the time on Sunday to meet up with whomever and walk around Vegas.

How many " big " games were announced during E3 2014 ?

3 ? Maybe 4 ?

And people are thinking that this event will be bigger than E3 ?

Please....

There will be 1, if we are lucky 2 games announcement, no more.

Trevelyan

Banned
How many " big " games were announced during E3 2014 ?

3 ? Maybe 4 ?

And people are thinking that this event will be bigger than E3 ?

Please....

There will be 1, if we are lucky 2 games announcement, no more.

I wouldn't judge this show at all just based on this years E3. E3 is commonly known as the biggest event of the year, yet Gamescom had many more games revealed than it. I can easily see 3 games being announced here.

I think you need to stop looking at this as an E3 conference, as if all that matters is that particular presentation. The idea of this was born from wanting to communicate more with fans, and also allowing them more of a look behind the scenes of the development of some of their favourite titles, past and present. There's been a lot of evolution for this idea, but whatever the case, it ultimately ended up here and it's less about hyping up a particular presentation, and more about the entire experience. This is a pretty huge event all things considered.

I can't speak for individual panels, but there is going to be some great stuff for people attending this event, and a lot of efforts are also being made to show and give more information to those who aren't able to attend. It's very much a celebration of Playstation, but it's also about showing much more than that. Folks get a chance to look behind the development of some older titles, other ways in which certain parts of the game development process work, meet developers, take part in contests, get collectables, and of course, play games. It's being promoted as a community event, because that's what the idea was born from, something for fans.

Yes it's great if you're shown The Last Guardian or whatever, but try to think beyond that too. It's not often you get a chance to pick the brains of the people involved with so many of these franchises, and also get a chance to hear them speak about what made it happen. Who knows, maybe you'll come away with a few experiences worth remembering.
Aww, now I'm kinda sad I can't go. :( Kudos for getting it all on the web though. <3

How in the hell is Parappa not in their?
#YouGottaBelieve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom