• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gematsu: Sony to hold Playstation Experience event in December

Status
Not open for further replies.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
TLG not big enough. It's nice, don't get me wrong, but I mean in terms of overall appeal. TLG has two handicaps, one is that jabroni that looks like an oversized turkey, and the other is that six year old who looks like he's never seen something like that before.

Personally, I'm not sure how people are supposed to connect with something that doesn't exist. It's not like its Jurassic Park.

So its sentimental then? Its human. Derp, my brain juices are running dry.

TLG will come if Shuhei feels like announcing it. It won't happen this year or next year, maybe 2016 release date.
Based on how some of the members of Team Ico are not on contracts anymore and just get paid as freelancers.

Amir0x

Banned
I would really love for just one Sony insider to outright say TLG is in development for PS4.

Come boys, it won't spoil the 'surprise'.

I don't know how much bigger of an insider you can be than Shuhei Yoshida, from OCTOBER 3rd on Last Guardian:

“Development couldn’t be better…

…That might be a bit of an exaggeration (laugh). We continue to work diligently on the game, so please look forward to it.”

Link

So unless it has been cancelled between October 3 and now, it's still being made. It's coming out guys, it is real. I've heard it, all the Sony insiders have heard it, the reps have confirmed it. It's real.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Hadn't Yoshida outright said it's still in development? :p

I don't know why people don't believe the guy. Team Ico's games are revolutionary but certainly not the best selling games on the console. They could have announced its cancellation ages ago if that was the case.

I-hate-u

I would really love for just one Sony insider to outright say TLG is in development for PS4.

Come boys, it won't spoil the 'surprise'.

Keeping TLG for ps3 is what you call a donkey mistake. Its about as grave as a mistake like when Sony let Namco pull the rug underneath them and carry on the souls name.

Patapwn

I imagine Sony wants to be done with TLG. It's kind of hurts them every conference they do big or small because regardless of how awesome their presentation was, there's this voice in the back of everyone's heads like "Awww... where was TLG?"

Must suck being in charge of these keynotes... or great if you hate your fans

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Well, I'll take them as long as they are not cheap ports. Great games are great games and we really need some JRPG'S on next gem consoles..

Well, I think it's underwhelming at times... like. They ported Sleeping Dogs after we already had a really nice PC version.

Then they port Dark Souls 2 months later when it should have been on PS4 around the original release time for better effect. Now people won't largely care.

Can't remember his screen name, but we had a (former?) SCEA employee on GAF straight-up admit that it (TLG) was converted to a PS4 title a while ago.
This wasn't some shadow insider, either. He used his real name- but as I can't recall it, maybe I dreamt it?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
So I come back to this thread and I see Dark Trolls 2 and some people's hype deflated. I don't know what you were expecting.

They know the games they want are being made, well some at least. TLG is there, being worked out. No one knows what the hell Crash is going through right now, maybe videogame hell, Parappa the Rappa was supposedly leaked a while back by some drunk guy at an event. Dart from Legend of the Dragoon was almost in Playstation All-Stars, the man himself who made Shenmue has said he is interested in making 3 and even finish off at 5. Companies listen, even though its a business, they wanna make money through pleasing fans. What else am I missing here?

I imagine Sony wants to be done with TLG. It's kind of hurts them every conference they do big or small because regardless of how awesome their presentation was, there's this voice in the back of everyone's heads like "Awww... where was TLG?"

Must suck being in charge of these keynotes... or great if you hate your fans

Nah, the fanbase is ravenous, thats for sure, but big enough to make a dent in Sony's wallet? Not really.

Can't remember his screen name, but we had a (former?) SCEA employee on GAF straight-up admit that it (TLG) was converted to a PS4 title a while ago.
This wasn't some shadow insider, either. He used his real name- but as I can't recall it, maybe I dreamt it?

Was it the same guy that said the developer for that driving game on the PS4 was really lazy when it was the opposite case, his son had a terminal illness?

StuBurns

Banned
I don't know how much bigger of an insider you can be than Shuhei Yoshida, from OCTOBER 3rd on Last Guardian:

Link
Yeah, but so many people don't believe him. Personally, I do believe it is, but I'd like someone who doesn't have a potential PR incentive to be dishonest to say "Yeah, it's coming, I saw a rough cut of the rereveal trailer" or whatever.

I don't see the point of being cryptic about it. They won't even confirm which platform it's for, despite Sony only having one viable platform.

At least with FFXV's rereveal, they had a significant name change to announce, and they did it with KH3 for greater impact. Those things aren't going to be happening with TLG, at least, I can't imagine it will...

Holy shit, TLG rereveal than boom! The Capcom game is SotC 2, directed by Ueda.

DJMicLuv

I have little to no interest in TLG but if it was announced at the show I'd be happy as fat fucking Larry for the rest of GAF who have had blue balls for years over the game. It's nice to see people get what they want even if it's not something I particularly want. Happy GAF is quite nice.

Verendus

Banned
Yeah, but so many people don't believe him. Personally, I do believe it is, but I'd like someone who doesn't have a potential PR incentive to be dishonest to say "Yeah, it's coming, I saw a rough cut of the rereveal trailer" or whatever.

I don't see the point of being cryptic about it. They won't even confirm which platform it's for, despite Sony only having one viable platform.

At least with FFXV's rereveal, they had a significant name change to announce, and they did it with KH3 for greater impact. Those things aren't going to be happening with TLG, at least, I can't imagine it will...

But why would you want an "insider" to confirm that for you? You've no reason to believe them.

Patapwn

Can't remember his screen name, but we had a (former?) SCEA employee on GAF straight-up admit that it was converted to a PS4 title a while ago.

Are you maybe thinking of demonite? If that's his real name what a fucking awesome name whose parents need to be high fived

wmlk

You really think Sony wants to talk about it when they're likely to reveal it by the next year anyway?

It's like telling people about the surprise and expecting them to be excited when you show it to them again. It would be stupid to just say, "Yeah guys, PS4." When you can just show that with a trailer and get people excited again.

Amir0x

Banned

All I can say is that Last Guardian is coming, it's for PS4. Insiders across the board have confirmed this. So it basically does meet your requirement. I gotta dig up some old insider posts to show you though if you want lol

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
You really think Sony wants to talk about it when they're likely to reveal it by the next year anyway?

It's like telling people about the surprise and expecting them to be excited when you show it to them again. It would be stupid to just say, "Yeah guys, PS4." When you can just show that with a trailer and get people excited again.

When it happens, it happens. People feel a little bit too entitled when it comes to games.

All I can say is that Last Guardian is coming, it's for PS4. Insiders across the board have confirmed this. So it basically does meet your requirement. I gotta dig up some old insider posts to show you though if you want lol

We have all night friend.

salromano

Are you maybe thinking of demonite? If that's his real name what a fucking awesome name whose parents need to be high fived

No I think he's thinking of KenneyLinder:

It's PS4. It's been PS4 for a long time now.

Kenny used to work at Bigbig Studios, a former Sony studio.

KoopaTheCasual

Well, I think it's underwhelming at times... like. They ported Sleeping Dogs after we already had a really nice PC version.

Then they port Dark Souls 2 months later when it should have been on PS4 around the original release time for better effect. Now people won't largely care.
I now understand your "welp" reaction, lol. Yea, it's a pretty "nothing" announcement, to me personally, made worse by the fact that this "expansion" is also cross-gen still. And not even a remaster.

No, not DemonNite.
I think it was someone who either worked with SCEJ's Allen Becker or had a lot of info on that side of SCE.
Fuck, I wish I had saved those posts(thread), but unless someone else knows what I'm talking about, I don't have much else to go on other than my alcohol-hazed memory.

meh, Sleeping Dogs was very strange indeed, but DS2 is being treated as a complete/GOTY edition that just so happens to be on newer platforms as well. The same types of people that buy those types of editions will buy this, as well as people that held out on buying the last gen version expecting a PS4/Xbone version.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
No, not DemonNite.
I think it was someone who either worked with SCEJ's Allen Becker or had a lot of info on that side of SCE.
Fuck, I wish I had saved those posts(thread), but unless someone else knows what I'm talking about, I don't have much else to go on other than my alcohol-hazed memory.

I think I need a couple shots too. Gonna certainly go at it this Thanksgiving, free beer for everyone!

salromano

No, not DemonNite.

Look a few posts up.

Patapwn

Maybe this will happen? Game's been in the oven an awfully long time... We could see something very different to what we expect going off the initial unveiling

If I remember correctly, SOTC was at one time a multiplayer monster hunter type thing. The final product had some pretty major conceptual differences

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Ahhhhhh good man, you are!
I knew I wasn't completely nuts!

image.php

Verendus

Banned
Maybe this will happen? Game's been in the oven an awfully long time... We could see something very different to what we expect going off the initial unveiling

If I remember correctly, SOTC was at one time a multiplayer monster hunter type thing. The final product had some pretty major conceptual differences
It's probably morphed into a Monster Hunter clone.

All those tears that Capcom squeezed from the eyes of SCE executives in Japan probably went into a golden goblet. They drank those tears, and were inspired to copy, since there isn't an original bone in their body.

GnawtyDog

Banned
I have little to no interest in TLG but if it was announced at the show I'd be happy as fat fucking Larry for the rest of GAF who have had blue balls for years over the game. It's nice to see people get what they want even if it's not something I particularly want. Happy GAF is quite nice.

What a nice chap.

I would be pretty happy overall for the fans, creators and developers that have had to work soo many long hours on it.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Not really. The biggest game that is going to be revealed in December (in my opinion at least) isn't a remaster, and I'm sure the internet will be very happy when it's announced. I didn't even include it in my bet as a joke option since I think it's a really nice surprise. Well, kind of, though a bit weird phrased like that. There's probably some other stuff too. December is going to be a pretty good month.

So, Fallout 4, right? It's taken a little longer to be announced than what we're used to from Beth, and Skyrim was revealed at the VGAs in 2010. The time is right!

StuBurns

Banned
But why would you want an "insider" to confirm that for you? You've no reason to believe them.
I would if it were a CBOAT like situation, they'd said things which would be potentially damaging to the first party. It would establish that they don't care if telling the truth would hurt their company, so they have no reason to lie.

Execs will blatantly lie, for example Phil Harrison lied about why Sixaxis didn't have rumble, then openly admitted he lied when called on it later. They can't be trusted, no matter how nice they appear on Twitter.

I can't personally think of a reason to lie about it, but I couldn't see a reason to lie about the lawsuit with Immersion either.

They are fine with confirming GT7 is a PS4 game, and that's an actual unannounced game.

Anyway, we should probably abandon this debate, Kev must be bleeding from the ears right now.

Verendus

Banned
So, Fallout 4, right? It's taken a little longer to be announced than what we're used to from Beth, and Skyrim was revealed at the VGAs in 2010. The time is right!
That's not my favourite game. Fallout is a pretty big series though.

Also, I'm tempted to ask you to bet, but I'm feeling pity for myself. I think my new phase is to be a beggar. So I have a hand out right now. What are you going to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom