• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genei Ibunroku #FE - Story ("Debut Single") Trailer

GSR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=2&v=KLUXQGNX7Vw

Website updated with setting info, character video for Itsuki, and clean character+mirage art as well:

FssZzyV.png

There's 3 blog posts as well

Still firmly in the 'wait for impressions' category for me - after Fates I'm a little leery of some of the character designs and how they might be handled, even if it is Atlus heading up development. And this is also unabashedly the most anime FE-related game I've ever seen.

MLH

PERSONA!

I mean

PERFORMER!

After getting over the initial shock of the reveal not being anything like what people speculated and instead accepting what this game is, I think it looks really good. Along with Persona 5, Etrian Odyssey, SMTIV Final, next year is going to be great for Atlus fans and fans of JRPGs in general.

This game is getting better and better the more I see it. I really hope we don't have to wait too long for the english version considering the delays between the JP and US release dates with Xenoblade and FE Fates.

Chrom

PERSONA!

I mean

PERFORMER!

After getting over the initial shock of the reveal not being anything like what people speculated and instead accepting what this game is, I think it looks really good. Along with Persona 5, Etrian Odyssey, SMTIV Final, next year is going to be great for Atlus fans and fans of JRPGs in general.

Not sure if you know this already or not, but Performa is actually an in-game term. It refers to a human's special energy. Mirages (like Chrom and company) are attracted to that energy, for good or bad.

Wait, does she ride on a Pegasus down from the sky past herself?

I really like the look of the game a lot. The soft, bright colors look nice. With that said it looks a lot like a higher-resolution Vita game. I keep thinking Freedom Wars when I see the models.

The again this is only the second HD Atlus game ever.

Jezan

At first I wanted SMT vs FE.
The I was truned off by the Idolmaster-like stuff, but now besides the singing parts I think it looks pretty awesome.

I want to see the Personafied Lyn!

MLH

Not sure if you know this already or not, but Performa is actually an in-game term. It refers to a human's special energy. Mirages (like Chrom and company) are attracted to that energy, for good or bad.

Yep I heard the them saying it in the trailer (around 1:14), made me giggle and think of Persona. It's clearly how they're are going to explain how the characters summon in this game, as apposed to a the Demonica, mobile phone, or Gauntlet, which is fine by me.

japanese games : the game.

I don't know what to think about this. I realy don't like the "idol" part, but some character designs are very interesting. I'll wait for more feedback.

It's funny how there are 2 big JRPGs on WiiU, and one is clearly western oriented, and the other is "you can't be more japanese". Curious to see how #FE will do compared to Xenoblade X.

cwistofu

I'm cautiously hyped for this game.

Then again, I am also a sucker for games that give you a lot of alternate costumes for your characters (Wild Arms 5, Persona 4 Golden, Dynasty Warriors 8), so that might just be me. I dunno the first thing about the gameplay.

IceIpor

I'm really curious now about what they will do about the songs when it's dubbed.
Subbed? Untitled? Music only? Or English translation attempt?

Need more English translation news.

RiggyRob

The more I see this game, the more I can hardly believe that Atlus actually went to all the effort to make an HD Persona-ish game on Wii U.

Then again, the NX'll probably be released before it ever gets to Europe.

IceIpor

You know what I really like so far about this game? The UI.
It's so flashy and colourful, I just want to see more of it.

squadr0n

any English Sub versions yet? I thought it looked great. Just glad Persona 5 wont be the only full fledged console release next year. Other than Catherine, these will be the first since the PS2 lol.

-shadow-

Still wonder why this was announced as SMTxFE. Everything screams Persona to me.

Really looking forward to it regardless. Finally a Atlus game which wi arrive in a timely manner with actual news updates regarding its release date in Europe. That'll need some getting used to.

ZombAid82

PERFORMA!

Summon yourself now in my WiiU!

I hope this Game comes before P5.
Also japanese Dub or no buy!!!
but if, HYPE!HYPE!HYPE!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
You know, after looking at them, it feels like they made cohesive designs for the first 3 transformations and then decided to go batshit insane for the rest.

dat bow tho

squadr0n

Atlus is really taking the idol thing to a new level. First Persona 4 Dancing and now this.

Love that bow, the motorcycle samurai and the MC Performer summons. Really wasn't sure about the designs at first.

-shadow-

PERFORMA!

Summon yourself now in my WiiU!

I hope this Game comes before P5.
Also japanese Dub or no buy!!!
but if, HYPE!HYPE!HYPE!
I think for Europe it's a safe bet for dual language. Not sure about America however. I remember they removed the Japanese audio out of both Rhythm Paradise for the Wii and Spirit Camera for no real reason and we have no news about rather the US release of Maiden of Black Water will have the original Japanese audio. They don't seem to like the Japanese language very much for some reason...

ZombAid82

I think for Europe it's a safe bet for dual language. Not sure about America however. I remember they removed the Japanese audio out of both Rhythm Paradise for the Wii and Spirit Camera for no real reason and we have no news about rather the US release of Maiden of Black Water will have the original Japanese audio. They don't seem to like the Japanese language very much for some reason...

Good thing i live in Europe^^

That's a bold and incorrect statement. All three of the Project Rainfall games, and all three platinum Games on Wii U had dual-audio in North America. I.e. The Nintendo games that would have dual-audio.

Rhythm Heaven was released five months later in Europe and dual-audio was announced three months before release to apologize for the delay. I also don't think it was a budget title like in the states.

As for Spirit Camera it could be because they tried to position it as being unrelated to Fatal at all in the US and the original Japanese audio had references they wished to omit.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
That's a bold and incorrect statement. All three of the Project Rainfall games, and all three platinum Games on Wii U had dual-audio in North America. I.e. The Nintendo games that would have dual-audio.

Rhythm Heaven was released five months later in Europe and dual-audio was announced three months before release to apologize for the delay. I also don't think it was a budget title like in the states.

As for Spirit Camera it could be because they tried to position it as being unrelated to Fatal at all in the US and the original Japanese audio had references they wished to omit.
The Last Story and Pandora's Tower were dual audio nowhere, or I would have gushed all over about Mamiko Noto...

Kouriozan

It's so Japanese that I can't not like it.
Really hoping for dual audio though, I have a bad feeling about the localization.

Why does everyone just assume the english version is going to be bad? lol I have faith that the localization team will do a great job despite the songs and idol stuff.

This looks more and more like the game that's going to finally wipe away any lingering buyers remorse I have over purchasing a WiiU.

If this ends up having Persona like social links too, this is going to be up there with my all time favourite games out of Japan.

Please Nintendo, just give me subtitles. I don't need English dubs. I damn sure don't need English songs! Please, please leave the voices and music in Japanese.

Top Bottom