• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

General Patton vs. the X-Ecutioners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some may remember the iteration of enjoy bell woods that obsessed over Mike Patton. I think this was like two years ago by now. Anyway, I lost that love for the man and basically grew to hate him.

My friend sent me a sample of this X-Ecutioners thing he did like a couple days ago, and what do you know, the song that's up is actually really kind of cool.

I now have the album. I really, really like it.

I don't know what else to add. It came out on Tuesday, and it's pretty much Mike Patton doing hip-hop.

index2005_poster.gif

http://ipecac.com/audio/060.mp3

Thematically the whole thing is pretty fucking lame, but I really like how it sounds. Seriously, this is the coolest thing he's done since Bungle's California. I have no interest in anything he has coming up -- I think the new Fantomas is out in a month or so -- but this has me really surprised.

I suggest those of you who think he tries too hard to be weird check this out. He doesn't do any of that obnoxious screaming/vocal effect shit he's been doing for the past five years.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
I'm curious about your Patton fallout... what has he done in the last 2 years to make you hate him?

Matlock

Banned
enjoy bell woods said:
Yeah Matlock, that's the voice of a man nerds all over the world orgasm to.

Maybe it's just the style he's using for this (never heard him before), but he sounds like a cut-rate Reznor.

Ecrofirt

so I came into this thread, and when I saw that picture, I gave it a quick glance, and started reading to try and find out what type of PS2 game this was. Needless to say, I was VERY confused for awhile.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Matlock said:
Maybe it's just the style he's using for this (never heard him before), but he sounds like a cut-rate Reznor.
so you've never heard faith no more, mr bungle, fantomas, tomahawk or lovage? he's also had cameos on a ton of albums and was on at least one track from bjork's latest album.

to call him a cut rate reznor is laughable.

While I'm not going to defend him, because I really don't care for him, he has a pretty exceptional singing voice. And choose a single Mr. Bungle song, and it's probably more creative than anything Trent Reznor has ever dreamed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom