• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Saber

wug6ri.gif

Zhongli.

lol no just use wind to send ppl flying

Or spam charge attack and throw them into the botomless pit.
I beat this on lvl 20 doing that lol

Yea you should probably try again. The "free" characters that everybody gets through the story are:
-Main character
-Amber
-Kaeya
-Lisa

Then from the first beginner gacha roll you are guaranteed to get:
-Noelle
Then the second beginner gacha roll guarantees another 4*

Then once you beat Abyss 3-3 (this is more for when you hit adventurer rank 20-25, no rush to get her quick)
-Xiangling

Then if you can manage to get to Adventurer Rank 20, before version 1.1 release (no date yet, TBA)
-Barbara

That's all the freebies curently. Diluc is a 5* and will take considerable rerolling to get him. That said, if you have the time, it's free to do so.

Ok GAF - Challenge time. For those of you that are world level 3 or above, go to this island marked with the skull with your best team and report the outcome (no running away like a coward).

7NtbpUJ.png
I only see missiles on this island. I had a harder time with the Trio abyss mages when I went there, terrain would fuck me and camera was going crazy while I was fighting on the steps.

Question: how do you get "rolling" currency? There's no farm, right?
Play the shit ton of the game, opening chest can give you from 2 to 5 primo gems; Dailies are 4 a day and award you some good primo gems and if you do all 4 you get an extra amount with adventure's guild girl (Katheryne); World Bosses can give you 20 or so per boss plus materials and they are repeatable but cost Original Resin (120 cap per day but they get replenished 1 every few minutes); challenges can give some; Dungeons and Domains too; Finding Anemoculus and Geoculus give you 2 each time you collect one.

Basically, everything gives currency but you have to play a lot and optimize your strats to get currency faster (which is basically the endgame together with upgrading characters, skills, weapons, artifacts, and mora, a lot of mora). Or you can always... buy them (that's their business strategy :p).

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

Play the shit ton of the game, opening chest can give you from 2 to 5 primo gems; Dailies are 4 a day and award you some good primo gems and if you do all 4 you get an extra amount with adventure's guild girl (Katheryne); World Bosses can give you 20 or so per boss plus materials and they are repeatable but cost Original Resin (120 cap per day but they get replenished 1 every some minutes); challenges can give some; Dungeons and Domains too; Finding Anemoculus and Geoculus give you 2 each time you collect one.

Basically, everything gives currency but you have to play a lot and optimize your strats to get currency faster (which is basically the endgame together with upgrading characters, skills, weapons, artifacts). Or you can always... buy them (that's their business strategy :p).

Ok, cool. Thought I was missing something. Thanks!

Gold_Loot

There is something that really annoys me with Mona, when you move around as her, there is a constant emitting, twinkling noise, it sounds like if there was some kind of secret nearby, it's really distracting and annoying.

But somehow I don't see anyone else talking about it.

Yes, I picked up on this as well with Lisa. I think it has to do with the caster classes and their magic gems they have as their catalyst.
whenever I switch to Lisa, my dog starts frantically looking around the room.

Ok, cool. Thought I was missing something. Thanks!
Yes, it understandable. After level 8 up to 20 you level quite quickly and the game throws you a lot of things at you that is easy to get lost amidst everything. But I recommend you not worrying that much and enjoy yourself before diving deep into the game systems. I only recommend you finding all the Anemoculus in Monstadt to up your stamina, this will prepare you for the second region Liyue, which is focused on vertical exploration and lots of climbing :).

This game looks amazing. I've only played it for like half an hour but was having fun running around whacking bushes and collecting stuff. And it appears the weapons don't break?? I'm already having more fun with it than BotW because of that. Seems like it could be a GOTY contender.

Last edited:

Saber

This game looks amazing. I've only played it for like half an hour but was having fun running around whacking bushes and collecting stuff. And it appears the weapons don't break?? I'm already having more fun with it than BotW because of that. Seems like it could be a GOTY contender.

Too bad they still have the water drains stamina mechanic. Not a fan of this...still, i'ts an improvement.

Too bad they still have the water drains stamina mechanic. Not a fan of this...still, i'ts an improvement.
Another reason to get Mona, am I right? :messenger_winking:

Seriously, her being able to run across water surfaces just like on land helps a lot when trying to cross between the islands in Liyue.

manfestival

That feel when in 3 rolls I got Venti and Mona. 2 5 stars oooooooooo.

Question about weapons and leveling them. I am afraid to upgrade any weapons because I fear it is only a waste of time unless it is like 4-5 star. I am still very early in the game like AR8 but trying to figure out how to use my leveling/upgrades properly since it seems like a huge waste if I end up not utilizing these things.

Last edited:

Saber

Question about weapons and leveling them. I am afraid to upgrade any weapons because I fear it is only a waste of time unless it is like 4-5 star. I am still very early in the game like AR8 but trying to figure out how to use my leveling/upgrades properly since it seems like a huge waste if I end up not utilizing these things.

Weapons are the easiest part of the grind in the game. You gain weapon xp crystals everywhere(treasure boxes, quests, events, etc) and can transform mineral ores into those crystals.

Just upgrade your weapon of choice until it reach its cap. Then you have to worry about the ascend itens.

MagnesG

Banned
I really need to replace Amber, right now I've already grasped her moves but the damges are slow as fuck to boot, and too low.

Getting Venti seems so far away....

Mona imo is the best *5 char just for exploration, even on land her sprint is faster, and you can basically dodge all attacks as long as you have stamina.

Mossybrew

Gold Member
This game world is just fantastic. Exploring Liyue is really fun and the landscape just keeps getting more gorgeous.

Reactions: Isa

Pejo

Gold Member

Some 3 star weapons can be amazing if you're not using that character for attacks, once you max refine them. For instance, I gave my Barbara a 3* book that gives the next person you switch TO a 48% attack buff. So for all of my harder fights, I start the fight as Barbara, Hit her R2 for the heal tics, and then switch to Razor who then gets a 48% attack buff for the first 10 seconds or whatever. Really strong, and since I don't use Barbara for doing damage, the damage based books are worthless for her.

Reactions: Isa
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Is this game worth playing at all if you don't plan to spend lots of money on microtransactions?

MagnesG

Banned
Is this game worth playing at all if you don't plan to spend lots of money on microtransactions?
Only whales would spend lots of money, and every other game would have the majority of the players just paying some small pennies occasionally.

Last edited:

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
EmblemElementRegionArchonTheme
Anemo (Wind)MondstadtBarbatos (Venti)Germany
Geo (Earth)LiyueRex LapisChina
Electro (Lightning)InazumaThe Immortal ShogunJapan
Dendro (Nature)SumeruGod of WisdomIndia
Hydro (Water)FontaineGod of JusticeFrance
Pyro (Fire)NatlanMurata??
Cryo (Frost)SnezhnayaThe TsaritsaRussia
?Khaen'riah??
8 regions?
Plus Celestia, which could be sub-divided in Godly Realms or another thing. Then, we have implications that Celestia might not even be the Final Destination and even higher beings might exist. Expect this game to expand A LOT.

Fake

Ok GAF - Challenge time. For those of you that are world level 3 or above, go to this island marked with the skull with your best team and report the outcome (no running away like a coward).

7NtbpUJ.png

I'm going to there right now. Thx.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Plus Celestia, which could be sub-divided in Godly Realms or another thing. Then, we have implications that Celestia might not even be the Final Destination and even higher beings might exist. Expect this game to expand A LOT.
I can't wait to murder some ponies.

Pejo

Gold Member
Just got the mc geo ability and I got to say, I'm not feeling it, will give some time though.
it's mostly for traversal and puzzle solving in the Liyue zone, not for battle. The constructs the MC makes actually annoys me in battle because they get in the way of you attacking the enemies. Might be useful if you use a primarily mage/ranged team, idk.

Nankatsu

About VA - English or Jap?

The original ones are Chinese, but I don't like the dub.

Both Jap and English have lip sync issues.

What are you guys playing with?

Pejo

Gold Member

I've been playing with English dub for the story, it's not terrible and I really like the girl doing Paimon's voice. After I have all the sidequests done, i'll probably switch to JP voices just for exploring and gameplay.

This may or may not be related

The lip flaps don't work in every language. It's not clear what plans they have for fixing it but for now don't worry about it.

Despite this game being from a Chinese studio, and even though I speak Mandarin Chinese, the best voice work is in the JP dub so that's what I play with.

MagnesG

Banned
The lip flaps don't work in every language. It's not clear what plans they have for fixing it but for now don't worry about it.

Despite this game being from a Chinese studio, and even though I speak Mandarin Chinese, the best voice work is in the JP dub so that's what I play with.
Korean dub is surprisingly good too.

Top Bottom