• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Well that escalated quickly.

Pretty sad when this internal drama between Mihoyo and their Beta testers provides better content then what they put in the game itself. I've had more enjoyment watching it all transpire.

Looks like the twitter accounts of the people that leaked out the footage were targeted and deleted.

BlackM1st

Banned
65" OLED.
What model btw? LG CX? C1?

Venti's banner is a BEAST in China. Almost as high as Klee. Looks like people lost all hope getting anyone comparable to him in the near future.
Y18xkF0.jpg

That's what happens when you release mediocrity after mediocrity after mediocrity...

Dregnel

Venti's banner is a BEAST in China. Almost as high as Klee. Looks like people lost all hope getting anyone comparable to him in the near future.
Y18xkF0.jpg

That's what happens when you release mediocrity after mediocrity after mediocrity...
"the players won't pull because the leaks"

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
damn they are killing every single genshin impact twitter account, I only have zeniet and EAentropy now.
I wonder if they will shut down Honey Impact too. Seems like Mihoyo threatened them with legal action if they don't C & D.

Edit: Sounds like a hot mess.

Last edited:

Dregnel

The files of the closed beta of 1.5 were public for everyone by mistake of mihoyo, the leakers didn't penetrate any security system, I found it strange...because there were so many leaks yesterday, this is something that happens step by step.

Last edited:

Pejo

Yea CX. I didn't have much time to play with it yet, but it's a huge visual upgrade over my last TV.

Regarding all of this drama, MHY is looking like a real piece of shit. I get that they're perceiving a loss of revenue based on the various leaks, but if anything the leaks have revitalized interest in the game. All at the cost of us knowing about 2 characters, a housing mode, and a few bosses. If they consider that a "major" leak and a huge problem for the game, that tells me that their anemic content schedule doesn't seem to be improving for quite a while yet. Clearly there was no mention of the Chasm yet in 1.5, so that's at least 1.6. That means the best part of the game, the open world exploration and puzzles, is at least 3-4 months away still. If they think they're going to keep people excited with a few characters and bosses, they are betting on the wrong horse. The few friends that I had that played this along with me are all to the point now that they don't even log in to burn resin anymore, and I'm seeing that sentiment in the general population too.

BlackM1st

Banned
they don't even log in to burn resin anymore
I'm glad that we have a 5 C resin limit now so we can convert it all in 1 go.

Yea CX. I didn't have much time to play with it yet, but it's a huge visual upgrade over my last TV.
Best last gen oled TV lol C1 is a minor upgrade to it, so you're in for a treat.

If they consider that a "major" leak and a huge problem for the game, that tells me that their anemic content schedule doesn't seem to be improving for quite a while yet
LoL, exactly, looks like they wanted to ride housing system as a major groundbreaking feature.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
They consider it major because they might lose out on possible money.

Plus it just shows they have no content lined up. It's really just characters and weapons. That they push towards the end of a patch cycle.

And like Pejo said...the main draw of the game for people isn't the grind or zergfests but the world exploration. So the game is dead for like 3 months and all the content you can do is dead in like a couple days. A week if content is timegated.

Plus I think MHY needs to get off their ass and own up to their mistakes. Accounts are getting hacked but they want to blame the consumer and not apply 2FA. Which they have had months to do. And now massive leaks have happened because MHY made it all public for people to download at will and are instead "well you should have known better". Shifting blame and trying to absolve themselves of problems they created.

Instead they focus on more important things such as whether or not characters should be busty or not. Kinda baffling.

crumbs

Y18xkF0.jpg

I wonder how many people pulling for Venti now missed him the first time since they had just started playing and didn't have resources.

Personally, I didn't really pull much on his first banner since I didn't understand the differences in wishes and banner drop rates, so most of my limited primos went to the starter banner and the standard banner.

Pejo

I wonder how many people pulling for Venti now missed him the first time since they had just started playing and didn't have resources.

Personally, I didn't really pull much on his first banner since I didn't understand the differences in wishes and banner drop rates, so most of my limited primos went to the starter banner and the standard banner.
He's an incredibly strong character for a few different roles, his constellations don't really change much about him, so he's perfectly viable at C0, and at this point I think everybody's been paired with a good Venti in multiplayer. It's easy to see his benefits in domains where a single button press will group all of the enemies, CC them, constantly damage them and reduce elemental resistance for all of the elements involved. On top of that, he charges everybody's energy. It's kinda crazy to think that he was the first limited 5*, before people had any idea of what future releases were going to look like. If we had that foresight, I think a lot more people would have rerolled/pulled for him at the beginning. It set the expectations that 5*s were supposed to be unique and powerful, and Zhongli 1.0 showed us that it wasn't the case.

crumbs

Yeah, I feel you. Klee saved my primogems.
Yes, once I took the time to understand the banners, I put a lot of primos on Klee's banner and she was my first 5 star.

Prior to that, I had pulled a ton of support characters, so adding Klee helped save my interest in this game. Not having a good DPS makes all the timed challenges a huge pain.

Aranea

Mihoyo is now asking people if they prefer Rosaria 1.2 model. More than likely a desperate move as Childe banner sales look to be horrible with the 1.5 leaks.

Pejo

Mihoyo is now asking people if they prefer Rosaria 1.2 model. More than likely a desperate move as Childe banner sales look to be horrible with the 1.5 leaks.

I think that's just a regular forum poster that made a poll, not MHY officially asking about her.

Pejo

It's their own fault for changing a the model of a character that was ALREADY IN THE GAME. How did they think that was a good idea? It would be one thing if that was a character on a beta test server and the content hadn't be finalized.
Now I certainly can't speak for everyone, but I feel that the vast majority of people (men and women) can appreciate a good booba or two. The west has been shaming having big breasts in video games for like 3 years straight now, and I honestly don't understand the driving force for that movement.

Fuz

Banned
It's their own fault for changing a the model of a character that was ALREADY IN THE GAME. How did they think that was a good idea? It would be one thing if that was a character on a beta test server and the content hadn't be finalized.
Yeah...

I bet that if they gave another character giant boobs nobody would have complained.
Like, to Xingqiu.

Last edited:

Dregnel

Now I certainly can't speak for everyone, but I feel that the vast majority of people (men and women) can appreciate a good booba or two. The west has been shaming having big breasts in video games for like 3 years straight now, and I honestly don't understand the driving force for that movement.
not the west, this is a problem is in USA, why do you guys have so many crazy women :messenger_tears_of_joy: ? they want to cancel and burn everything, in the most countries women with bonkers are appreciated, they breastfeed your children more and they are not haunted by something that is natural.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Wtf is this leaker drama? This community is something else sometimes.

Y18xkF0.jpg

Though they have to consider Japan, too considering it makes up another large amount of their money stream. Surprisingly, it seems Venti is doing the exact same despite differences on other banners.

BlackM1st

Banned
in USA, why do you guys have so many crazy women :messenger_tears_of_joy: ?
Don't worry, women in general are getting canceled too.
O4SANk7.jpg

Clown world.

Like, to Xingqiu.
Seriously, half of the cast can use a good pair.

ALREADY IN THE GAME. How did they think that was a good idea? It would be one thing if that was a character on a beta test server and the content hadn't be finalized.
Coming soon: Ayaka finds her pantsu!

now asking people if they prefer Rosaria 1.2 mode
Like it ever was a question lol I don't believe that they're really that clueless. Of course they know that people want big breasted character (new body type) to be a thing. This whole poll situation looks like a smoke screen. Maybe MiHo will bring her breasts back and they just want to stage it like they're "listening to community" PR stunt.

Wtf is this leaker drama? This community is something else sometimes.
GI has no real community imo. Game tries to please everyone and don't offend anyone. As for MiHo overreaction... well, it's kinda hilarious that Chinese company can't handle the free flow of information xD

they have to consider Japan, too
I think Klee will light up the charts again. She's just too good. We need more characters like her.

BlackM1st

Banned
I love that this stuff is still coming out today after all the takedown notices and shit that happened with MHY yesterday. It (rightfully) feels like the community giving them the middle finger.
Both ultimates looks like hot garbage lol. How lazy MiHo is to use a stock animation for both lmao. Can't decide which one is more sad. Big boom and a bright flash or literally a sword swing that looks less exiting than her normal attacks, let alone Chong's ult hah.

YukiOnna

GI has no real community imo. Game tries to please everyone and don't offend anyone. As for MiHo overreaction... well, it's kinda hilarious that Chinese company can't handle the free flow of information xD

I think Klee will light up the charts again. She's just too good. We need more characters like her.
I wish it didn't. Then I wouldn't have to see all that Childe and Zhong li shipping, but it's there lmao. Though yeah, this was all easily avoidable but they made some basic mistakes.

Klee will definitely do so. She made bank in both regions- Ganyu was the only one in Japan to match her with Zhong li being 3rd.

Pejo

Both ultimates looks like hot garbage lol. How lazy MiHo is to use a stock animation for both lmao. Can't decide which one is more sad. Big boom and a bright flash or literally a sword swing that looks less exiting than her normal attacks, let alone Chong's ult hah.
Yep, at least Eula might be interesting to manage her floating sword stacks, but physical is usually the worst damage type and her kit just looks really boring on paper. The normal attack animations are pretty, but that's it.

Last edited:
  • Strength
Reactions: Fuz

Dregnel

Yep, at least Eula might be interesting to manage her floating sword stacks, but physical is usually the worst damage type and her kit just looks really boring on paper. The normal attack animations are pretty, but that's it.
what is the point of physical damage again? i don't use anyone with physical damage.

Fuz

Banned
Mmmm should I increase my world level (45), get the rewards and decrease it? Anything possibily troubling I'm not considering?

Pejo

what is the point of physical damage again? i don't use anyone with physical damage.
Universal damage type, so enemy type doesn't matter. Also it's currently the easiest to debuff resistance to and every non-catalyst can do it. There may be a monster type or two weak to it as well, I think Slimes have an innate weakness to physical.

*edit* was slightly off. It looks like all "human" monster types have the weakness to physical, and slimes are just straight 10% resistance universally.

evlbyqzrdlv51.jpg

Mmmm should I increase my world level (45), get the rewards and decrease it? Anything possibily troubling I'm not considering?
I'll be doing that quest today myself after work. Seems all green to do it at this point provided you can handle the current world level without too many issues.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Mmmm should I increase my world level (45), get the rewards and decrease it?
Just buy biggest gem pack or battle pass.

As for gameplay perspective... raise your level and keep it. I doubt that you will have any troubles with Xiao, QiQi and Mona in your party lol

crumbs

I didn't find the jump from WL 5 to 6 to as bad as the other WL increases, but that could be because I was better prepared. I'm ready to do the AR50 quest, so we'll see how that goes.

The factors I would consider:

1. Are your main DPS units close to or at Lvl 80? Are their talents at a decent level? Support character levels aren't as important.
2. How are you currently handling bosses? I think they're around lvl 73/74 at WL 5, and will increase to the lvl 83/84 at WL 6. It's around the same increase (~10 levels) for world enemies as well).

Drops aren't much better at WL6, but you do open the lvl 90 domains if you're interested in farming better artifacts. Lvl 90 domains also guarantee a 5 star artifact drop, although that doesn't help with crappy stats/sub stats.

If you're worried, try the ascension quest and if you find it difficult, just bail on it. You can always coma back when you're better equipped with characters and resources.

Last edited:

Dregnel

Universal damage type, so enemy type doesn't matter. Also it's currently the easiest to debuff resistance to and every non-catalyst can do it. There may be a monster type or two weak to it as well, I think Slimes have an innate weakness to physical.

*edit* was slightly off. It looks like all "human" monster types have the weakness to physical, and slimes are just straight 10% resistance universally.

evlbyqzrdlv51.jpg

I'll be doing that quest today myself after work. Seems all green to do it at this point provided you can handle the current world level without too many issues.
it sucks then...physical is only good against fatuis members, ruin guards over 50% physical resistance and big hilichurls with 35%, i'm not pulling for eula until i see alot gameplay it seems worse than geo.

BlackM1st

Banned
i'm not pulling for eula until i see alot gameplay
She's a trophy waifu for people who can afford her. Never gonna be a "must have" hero. Just a strong damage dealer that is nice to have if you doesn't have any other 5☆ DPS. Fun fact: I see almost no Hu Tao's in coop. But I always see Diluc's and Cocogoat's.

Pejo

it sucks then...physical is only good against fatuis members, ruin guards over 50% physical resistance and big hilichurls with 35%, i'm not pulling for eula until i see alot gameplay it seems worse than geo.
Keep in mind that cryo+electro superconduct causes 40% reduced physical resistance, and it's super easy to keep up full time, as it lasts for 12 seconds each time it procs. So it takes those Hilichurls from 35 to -5% resistance

BlackM1st

Banned
Keep in mind that cryo+electro superconduct causes 40% reduced physical resistance, and it's super easy to keep up full time, as it lasts for 12 seconds each time it procs. So it takes those Hilichurls from 35 to -5% resistance
Yeah, or just melt the shit out of everything and be done with it xD

Pejo

Yeah, or just melt the shit out of everything and be done with it xD
Yep, exactly. And that's why nobody (outside of some tryhard Keqing mains) use physical as a main type despite the easy access to phys resistance lowering skills. It's just easier to use strong elements (read Pyro) everywhere except fire slimes. In the beginning of the game, I used Razor everywhere, but it was quickly apparent that just debuffing physical and slowly chipping away at enemies was less efficient than just going pyro with hydro/cryo supports and blow everything to shit. I still hope for a rebalance someday, but I wouldn't count on it. I at least found a middle ground with using Childe as a main and going for big vaporize procs and then cleanup duty with his elemental skill melee. It's done well for me personally but I fully realize it's not as effective as just Diluc facerolling everything.

crumbs

Yep, exactly. And that's why nobody (outside of some tryhard Keqing mains) use physical as a main type despite the easy access to phys resistance lowering skills.

Awkward Ed Helms GIF by The Office

Hey, my physical/crit damage Keqing carried me through a lot of this game :messenger_grinning_smiling: Kidding aside, I do agree that, if you have better elemental reaction options, they can be more efficient.

Dregnel

they need to destroy all those wooden shields or make them more breakable with other things, you need pyro everywhere, pyro is mihoyo's baby.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

they need to destroy all those wooden shields or make them more breakable with other things, you need pyro everywhere, pyro is mihoyo's baby.
In my opnion, physical should be the best 1v1 dps by quite a large margin. The idea of using elements should be to do group damage, specific elemental damage vs. an elemental weak enemy, or reaction damage. There should be a notable hit to overall damage to get all of that versatility. As it is, physical is the weakest damage type, has no reactions (other than shatter I guess, if you count that for claymores), and has no CC or tertiary effects. The whole elemental system is just really poorly designed, unless you're Klee. When's the last time you said "boy, I should build a team around hydro resonance"?

Top Bottom