• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
I called it a strange beast for how it's promoting you not to pull while being a game about pulling ie being a gacha game.
Yes, and again, many others do this as well, so no it's not "a strange beast" of a game.

I'm not interested in your "MiHo is oh so great/you just don't understand" antics.
confused jim carey GIF

BlackM1st

Banned

here more info about the housing system, i won't use pine in my house.

Ccd6qka.jpg

Hm... I wonder if some characters will do it better and faster than the others. Iron Maiden can chop em pretty fast I bet lol

XRCj224.jpg

TXZxr9M.png

Yeah, fuck dat. Besides, what's the point if our teapot universe is all green anyway? Why put snowed in trees in there? Makes no sense to me unless we can terraform it...

BlackM1st

Banned
Neat, Rosaria's burst is considered a projectile.

Can't imagine it being overly useful(I know only 2 farm points where I would even bother using it), but it's a nice feature showing GI's devs attention to details. This is comparable to arrows flying away without dissapearing in thin air. Nice technology.

P.S.Yeah, Geo Lord's meteor should be also buffed to act like that ;D

Last edited:

Pejo

Man, you know Twitter whiners are bad when even Reddit, a mostly disgustingly self-important and virtue signaling site, thinks that they're full of shit. I really don't want to see even more censorship and most importantly changing of the devs vision of how the game should play out based on a handful of whiners that won't play the game no matter how many concessions are made for them. Twitter as a platform gives way too much power to the screeching weasels (not the punk band, they're ok). People passively saying stuff like "just ignore them and they'll go away" are dead wrong in this situation. You have to at least speak up to let them know how fucking stupid you find it or they just keep pushing and pushing. As to be expected, the thread on this in REE is all "about time somebody said something!". Self loathing shitheads.

40 mins til Rosaria o'clock, let's go!

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Rosaria Ult > Eula Ult

Fight me.

Yeah at least that. Can't imagine they trying to sell a 5-star character with such lamish ult, no matter how strong her numbers ends up.
They could make her swirl her sword and spin, creating a heavy cryo tornado, damaging and drawing enemies as long as you hold the button(similar to Traveler ult, except she spins, damage and behaviour is more akin to Noelle charge attack).

But that would require creativity.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Welp against my better judgment I threw 100 bananas at this banner. Think I had around 200 wishes. 120 of them were F2P. 50ish from glitter. 50 more from bananas. Probably 230ish.

Payout was:
Like x6 Barbara and Fischl probably more like why. I think I got at least 10 Barbara.
x3 Rosaria (wooo) C2 Rosaria is what I wanted anyway for the Atk speed and Ult duration.
1 Xiangling which got me to C6
1 Keqinq
2 Childe!? (I pulled 1 on a 10 pull and got another 2 10 pulls later. Amazing.)
1 Diluc (Eat it Fuz)

All in all total payout wasn't bad.

If I pull for any other banner I'm just going to save for Signora and go from there.

The rng was with me today.

And I'm pretty sure I have all the mats to max out Rosaria immediately. Go me on my 3 weeks of prep. ^_^

Edit: Can confirm that Anemo Resonance and Nightwalking stack with all characters in party with Rosaria. Applies to walk/sprint, swimming and gliding.

It also works during archer strafing. I find that very useful for archer mobility.

Last edited:

crumbs

Stuck with my plan for doing 30 wishes (about as close to the soft pity as I'm comfortable) on the Childe banner. Ended up with 2 Fischl, 1 Rosaria, and another Sacrificial Fragments. Fischl is C5, so I'm getting closer to C6 on a character that isn't the MC.

Rosaria seems fine. Finally have a use for all those valberries I've been picking for the BP.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
10k primos = 4 Barbara’s, 1Tartaglia, 3 awful weapons.

C10 Barbara c9 fischel at this point. The rest of the banner is going to be painful until I pull Rosario.

Pejo

So I spent some time tonight getting various polearms to level 50 just to test them out on the big axe mitachurls as a testing ground. I still have a lot of building on Rosaria left to do, but I was doing enough damage that I could see which was better. Unfortunately, as I might have guessed, the Crescent Pike destroyed pretty much every weapon I had. Guess it's time to give up on aesthetics and refine the thing.

Just look at this dude's pyro regisvine kill:

On Rosaria's gameplay - I really enjoy her playstyle. It's fast, fun, and hectic, and I have to swap to her supports far more often than with other characters to keep up my various debuffs and buffs. As long as what you're fighting isn't physical resistant to an extreme degree, a single superconduct can make you do respectable damage on nearly every enemy type. She's not great for AoE but pretty good at 1v1. Again, this is before I have built her out. Her design is so good, and mostly why I pulled for her. Shame she can't shatter, that'd be another benefit for her that Eula will take advantage of. I have a lot of playing around to do with that team, but Rosaria/Diona/Beidou/Mona is a pretty fun team so far. None of them are built up enough to tackle any serious challenges, so I'll have to work on that after I get my "main" team to 90. Finally unlocked Childe's last ascension today and got him to 90, still need to do his weapon.

Also, I'm still a little disappointed about the bust size,

0m1rkbS.png

All in all, I'm happy. I should have plenty of time to get to pity before the banner ends to get a Childe constellation. Maybe even another Ros copy or two. Not worried about that though, I'm sure I'll fill her out in future banners. I hit the goal that I wanted with C2.

Now, about that content MHY.....

Reactions: Fuz

YukiOnna

Man, you know Twitter whiners are bad when even Reddit, a mostly disgustingly self-important and virtue signaling site, thinks that they're full of shit. I really don't want to see even more censorship and most importantly changing of the devs vision of how the game should play out based on a handful of whiners that won't play the game no matter how many concessions are made for them. Twitter as a platform gives way too much power to the screeching weasels (not the punk band, they're ok). People passively saying stuff like "just ignore them and they'll go away" are dead wrong in this situation. You have to at least speak up to let them know how fucking stupid you find it or they just keep pushing and pushing. As to be expected, the thread on this in REE is all "about time somebody said something!". Self loathing shitheads.

40 mins til Rosaria o'clock, let's go!
Actually that's why I think the ToS includes a statement for dumb outbursts like this and possibly to avoid whatever happened with Honkai. Although, I don't think MHY listens to the English side of the userbase at all when their primary source of revenue is likely Asia. Just a bunch of dumb teens going off and they switched gears as soon as Childe and Rosaria went up.

I'm glad people ended up using the very same hashtag to throw in shit like "I want to smash Mona" to fuck it up though lmao.

Also, I'm still a little disappointed about the bust size,

0m1rkbS.png

All in all, I'm happy. I should have plenty of time to get to pity before the banner ends to get a Childe constellation. Maybe even another Ros copy or two. Not worried about that though, I'm sure I'll fill her out in future banners. I hit the goal that I wanted with C2.

Now, about that content MHY.....
Isn't her bust size adjusted? I think that's the biggest from the entire character list.

Literally no one who actually plays Genshin gives a shit about this Twitter manufactured shitstorm. I'm in like 4 different Genshin related Discords and everyone there is just laughing at the Twittards. The retards probably don't even know that Twitter is banned in China, even if Oyohim wanted to see incoherent screeching they couldn't because it's literally nonexistent there.

Unfortunately I already have Fischl and Barbara C6, and I also have no interest in Tartaglia. Tiddie Nun is just going to have to wait until she's on a better banner, or she spooks me in Standard, or she appears in the shop. I'm waiting for Eula anyways.

Last edited:

Pejo

Full story pls. Need something to read while I farm for exp books and weapon mats.
We talked about it like 50 pages ago. Basically some butthurt "fan" called the CCP police on MHY for giving out a free swimsuit after he paid for it and caused mass censorship for all swimsuits thereafter. That's the short version.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
That's what you get for making Rosaria a common chest.

Edit: There is pretty much no reason to go for Childe over Venti's kit and I wager the leaked info makes this an easy skip for a whole lot of people.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
She's by far the strongest damage character in the game, and cute

Cocogoat is not the "all in one solution" because phys shields exist, but she's damn close. Good thing that I also have Klee and together they're really feel like an overkill. And don't get me started on her and Mona team work... way cool.

That's what you get for making Rosaria a common chest.
Word. Plus, Tarts is just not exiting especially together with Barbie.

Saber

Gold Member
I still canot believe that Ganyu was so low. The only thing that explains it was that people had saved up since Klee and nobody had to spend any money. She's by far the strongest damage character in the game, and cute.

I was into picking her. But my prymo was very low...and I felt at time I was full of characters. Still wished to get her if they do a re-run. She would fill a part of my heart destined for Ayaka, the bitch whos taking waaay too long to launch.

Last edited:

Dregnel

I still canot believe that Ganyu was so low. The only thing that explains it was that people had saved up since Klee and nobody had to spend any money. She's by far the strongest damage character in the game, and cute.
kirito was hyped by youtubers and he was broken in beta too, i remember that youtuber called demonekim or something, "he is crazy it feels like playing another game he feels like you are playing some kind of dinasty warrior or dmc he is fucking crazy bro"

BlackM1st

Banned
kirito was hyped by youtubers and he was broken in beta too, i remember that youtuber called demonekim or something, "he is crazy it feels like playing another game he feels like you are playing some kind of dinasty warrior or dmc he is fucking crazy bro"
This. Now you just wait till ice princess release. MiHoYo's last stand xD I seriously doubt that MiHo is happy with the current trend so we should see her sooner rather than later. I hope.

Pejo

Uh oh. Latest rumbles from Azur Lane (another China-developed gacha) is that the CCP is doing another round of censorship checks for the mobile market. That game is being forced to actually remove some of the most popular characters due to too much cleavage/etc. Unknown if they will be putting them back into the game after some censorship or not. At least for Azur Lane, it only effects the CN server, but this likely means that unless MHY wants to keep/update 2 versions of the game, they're probably going to tighten up the censorship too.

Why are so many people out against anime tiddies these days?

YukiOnna

Uh oh. Latest rumbles from Azur Lane (another China-developed gacha) is that the CCP is doing another round of censorship checks for the mobile market. That game is being forced to actually remove some of the most popular characters due to too much cleavage/etc. Unknown if they will be putting them back into the game after some censorship or not. At least for Azur Lane, it only effects the CN server, but this likely means that unless MHY wants to keep/update 2 versions of the game, they're probably going to tighten up the censorship too.

No not Taihou...

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

Busty babes are bad I guess.(I liek busty babes tho) This all started a while ago when the producer left Marvelous due to censorship of his own games with Senran Kagura.

If a gacha game is gonna flat out remove popular characters how are the players with those characters going to react?

Just you wait maybe the boycottgenshin movement will inspire playable beefcake Hilichurl and Fat Fatui man with GUN.

Game very much lacks HUSBANDO.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
If a gacha game is gonna flat out remove popular characters how are the players with those characters going to react?
Suicides will happen, that's for sure.

CCP is doing another round of censorship checks for the mobile market
How you can even censor Azur Lane? It's like censoring the Playboy magazine. I'm old enough to remember that travesty, it didn't take long before bewbs were back.

least for Azur Lane, it only effects the CN server, but this likely means that unless MHY wants to keep/update 2 versions of the game, they're probably going to tighten up the censorship too.
Actually running 2 separate character models on different servers is pretty easy and requires no additional resources, but I can't imagine even more censorship in GI. What else there left to censor? Ankles ?

I dunno and IDC, but gachas as a genre would struggle without waifus.

Top Bottom