• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Word. Something you expect to see in "character creation tool" as a basic preset. Popsicle boy is 100x times more interesting and flashy.
Funny thing is that one of her selling points would be a freeze comp team......but she's Claymore, which shatters and breaks freeze, so you can't even use her there. They really want you to commit to a superconduct physical team and that's all with her. She offers almost nothing as a Cryo character, especially off-field.

Dregnel

In terms of gameplay the female characters are boring AF, I just like klee, and hu tao I could not play more than a week and eula seems boring too.

Fake

They should reduce her starts to 4 because is kinda embarrassing her kit so fucking boring for a 5 star char.

IDK, make a ice sword fallen from the sky, make her sword transform into a ice morning star, IDK... watch the recent God of War if they're lack imagination.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
In terms of gameplay the female characters are boring AF, I just like klee, and hu tao I could not play more than a week and eula seems boring too.

I keep from using Hu Tao skill basically all the time until I really need it. Not a smart idea tag a sacrifice mechanic to a elemental skill.

I think they should reconsider taking the money away from their butthole and do some brainstorm for characters kit. I still crash my head to the fact that Xynian skill is gated to hitting a number of enemies(and it still bugged) and its effect dissipates once her shield is down, as if is a massive damage inflictor and it needs counterplay.

Pejo

I keep from using Hu Tao skill basically all the time until I really need it. Not a smart idea tag a sacrifice mechanic to a elemental skill.

I think they should reconsider taking the money away from their butthole and do some brainstorm for characters kit. I still crash my head to the fact that Xynian skill is gated to hitting a number of enemies(and it still bugged) and its effect dissipates once her shield is down, as if is a massive damage inflictor and it needs counterplay.
That's what I didn't like about her from way back during her trial. I guess it was their way to try to make you use Qiqi or a healer of some sort, but with her kit you want to try to keep her at 50% hp, so Qiqi ruins it. I honestly hate Hu Tao's kit now that I had some time to see how it worked. I wonder what her usage statistics look like now that the honeymoon period is over with her. I'd bet she dropped out of a lot of teams by now.

I've learned to accept Xinyan for what she does, but yea her kit could use some work. I don't like that they tied her to physical at all, but she's seemingly meant to be a pyro support. Let's be honest, nobody would use her as a primary physical (worst damage type) dps, especially based on def. Her shield is relatively weak compared to all of the other shielder characters, and building her for defense to maximize it really hurts any offense you'd hope to do. They should have scrapped the physical damage archetype with her and done a Pyro infusion or something while shielded. And yea, having to hit multiple enemies to get the pulse is stupid.

YukiOnna

Are you kidding me? That bunny video was great. God damn whiners ruining everything. I get the feeling that this is going to start happening to Azur Lane too.

For reference, here's what they got butthurt about:

NPmesjZ.jpg

I also downloaded the video, fuck them.
I'd be butthurt too that Fu Hua didn't get nice assets either next to the others.

Fuz

Banned
I still crash my head to the fact that Xynian skill is gated to hitting a number of enemies
I'm playing a bit of her and it's really a terrible design choice. It's just too annoying to try to hit 2+ enemies (only 1 and the shield is useless), and let's not talk about bosses. Works decently with Venti, toh.
But the worst thing about her... that fucking drum. I don't know how you bear playing her lol

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
context:
they deleted the bunny girl video, a video featuring girl dancing with bunny outfits and the chinese community were mad because they didn't have this video in china because apparently the company was afraid of censorship, it was only a video, not skins but this event was only to the western audience, the chinese community was mad because they can't have these kind of videos so they started a boycott...china being trash nothing new.

the funniest part about this is well they got 10 free pulls and the global audience that was affected will only receive 500 crystals which is not equivalent to 2 pulls.
Just wow, how fucking salty can you be about a goddamn video; maybe realise there's more world out there where things are different from your shit country. :messenger_face_steam:
Entitled garbage humans

Fake

The only thing that save Xynian is that she is cute and have a badass design. Elemental skill sucks, high CD, Elemental burst mix bag, slow claymore swings.

Dregnel

i think xinyan will be bugged because they can use her case to nerf other characters as an example that "bugs take a long time to repair" this is how you bully the law in japan, there are many laws in Japan that make it difficult for a company to nerf the character of a gacha game.
MUAzXmF.png

bug "fixes" after 6 months, sure.

1CBQKpM.png

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Thats how I would rework Xynian:

Skill
-No longer needs to hit a target for the effect
-No longer gives you a shield
-It creates an aura that deals pyro damage for X seconds and effect persists when swaping characters
-Damage and effect no longer gated by the number of targets hitted. Its a fixed damage

Burst
-No longer have a physical part on it
-Dot drastically increased to compesate(Constelation would increase dot damage)
-Generates a shield as soon as it casted. Shield strenght depends on Xynian bonus attack or HP

Last edited:

Pejo

Thats how I would rework Xynian:

Skill
-No longer needs to hit a target for the effect
-No longer gives you a shield
-It creates an aura that deals pyro damage for X seconds and effect persists when swaping characters
-Damage and effect no longer gated by the number of targets hitted. Its a fixed damage

Burst
-No longer have a physical part on it
-Dot drastically increased to compesate(Constelation would increase dot damage)
-Generates a shield as soon as it casted. Shield strenght depends on Xynian bonus attack or HP
I think it's reasonable to only give you the shield if you hit something, but it shouldn't be multiple somethings. Either that or have the swing only with a press, and a swing + shield with a hold (with a higher cooldown obviously). Basically like Diona's shield. Totally agree the physical should be gone from her burst. I think it'd be fun if after the initial blast it gave you a buff that your hits would give off a small AoE fire shockwave every 2-4 seconds, and could fit in thematically with her rock/musical style. Kinda like the special effect of "The Flute" sword, but Pyro.

Saber

Gold Member
The shield on her skill has no purpose whatsoever. The only part that matters is the continuous pyro damage afterwards, which is gated to the shield strenght meaning it can easly ends premature as soon as the shield breaks. Giving her an aura instead of a shield allows to make full use of damage/elemental reaction without the fear of losing the potential(take a look at Fishilz skill as a support example).

Giving the shield to her ult is more reasonable since as soon as the first part of burst is launched(physical dmg part)she will be vulnerable to enemy damage/CC even though her burst and animation is still on process.

crumbs

Xinyan always seemed like a finicky character to play.

I wondered if I was missing something and maybe high level players are able to get more out of her. Let's check the character usage data for clearing the Abyss from the CN server:

So I guess that's a "No".

Last edited:

Pejo

Xinyan always seemed like a finicky character to play.

I wondered if I was missing something and maybe high level players are able to get more out of her. Let's check the character usage data for clearing the Abyss from the CN server:

So I guess that's a "No".

I actually use her in my "main" team at the beginning of fights to get a shield and apply Pyro so Childe can get a huge Vape when he swaps in. I've experimented with all sorts of characters to fill the Pyro spot, but since I maxed friendship out with Amber and Xiangling, I thought I'd give her a try. She's ok. The game really wants me to use Bennett, and I totally understand that, but refuse. As it stands, if I could get Amber's C6 someday, I think she'd be one of my better options, to open a fight with her Burst and the Favonius bow. Maybe eventually...

Fake

Putting her shield on the burst instead of her elemental is far better. They could reduce CD from her elemental skill if the shiled is what making her elemental skill so damn CD high. Maybe explain why nobody want to play with her.

Is the better way to rebalance her. IMO a rock music girl using 'defensive' skills make no fucking sense.

Last edited:

Fake

To be honest, those 'meta' freaks deal high damage with about every char inside the game... Xinyan is indeed a weak char.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
The shield on her skill has no purpose whatsoever.
Nonsense, the shield cleanses and prevents all debuffs cept pyro (which is absorbed anyway by it), and it gives any character super armour, which means you can't be interrupted; her shield makes beidou very happy.

Pejo

Putting her shield on the burst instead of her elemental is far better. They could reduce CD from her elemental skill if the shiled is what making her elemental skill so damn CD high. Maybe explain why nobody want to play with her.

Is the better way to rebalance her. IMO a rock music girl using 'defensive' skills make no fucking sense.
I forgot to mention, I only find her playable because I have a max refine Sacrificial Greatsword on her, which makes the long cooldown a complete non-issue.

Saber

Gold Member
I use sacrificial as well and make her problem less of a pain(high CD, no pyro effect on it). But that just illustrates how bad her skill is. I notice this sword functions well on her because in almost no way you gonna get its skill effect on the first time, so you have to count on the first part of skill damage.

Nonsense, the shield cleanses and prevents all debuffs cept pyro (which is absorbed anyway by it), and it gives any character super armour, which means you can't be interrupted; her shield makes beidou very happy.

The skill as long and her shield can be interrupted. In those instances, the game act as if you didn't use the skill at all(no damage is dealt though).
Also unless you build her defense(which she doesn't gain from any other source except artifacts and claymore), it won't be absorbing much damage since it will break easly. To make matters worst, all of this is still dependable on the number of enemies you hit, and I countless times said its bugged.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
The skill as long and her shield can be interrupted.
I don't care about it itself being able to be interrupted, I never use in a scenario where that can happen anyway. And even if it does, it doesn't really matter, just do it again, I just need the shield to be up when I tag in beidou.
And what do you mean with long? the animation? It's like a second for the hits. If you mean the cooldown, it's pretty much a non issue since I'm rotating to other characters anyway and she has the sacrificial greatsword, which resets the cooldown more often than not.

Fake

I forgot to mention, I only find her playable because I have a max refine Sacrificial Greatsword on her, which makes the long cooldown a complete non-issue.

I tried many swords, but only the Sacrificial suits her. I have even that 5 star sky sword.

Saber

Gold Member
I don't care about it itself being able to be interrupted, I never use in a scenario where that can happen anyway. And even if it does, it doesn't really matter, just do it again, I just need the shield to be up when I tag in beidou.
And what do you mean with long? the animation? It's like a second for the hits. If you mean the cooldown, it's pretty much a non issue since I'm rotating to other characters anyway and she has the sacrificial greatsword, which resets the cooldown more often than not.

This again means shes gated to one weapon. You can't build her around because Sacrficial is the only way to ever make her somewhat viable. All this ignoring the second part of her skill, which is almost non existant only for the reactions.

The worst thing about liking a character is taking notice of all the baddies and lost potential she has. I love playing her which is why so damn sad that her bug will never be fixed.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
This again means shes gated to one weapon. You can't build her around because Sacrficial is the only way to ever make her somewhat viable.
You can use whatever you want, I used her before sacrificial and was fine with it, because again, I'm rotating through all my characters.
If you are looking for some kind of meta dps monster, you're better of looking somewhere else; she has a permanent spot on my teams just for her shield and her sweet english voice.

Fake

What he is trying to say is that the reason why nobody play with her. Personal thoughts is another discussion.

Don't need to get defensive, not as much as Xinyan. I like Amber and Lisa, but is really hard to get her in battle sometimes.

Zhongli get 3 buffs before became the top 5 most used.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
You can use whatever you want, I used her before sacrificial and was fine with it, because again, I'm rotating through all my characters.
If you are looking for some kind of meta dps monster, you're better of looking somewhere else; she has a permanent spot on my teams just for her shield and her sweet english voice.

No need to get touchy. I had no intention to give my observations as absolute facts neither are here to make you look wrong. I'm not a meta seeker either, I play with her because I like her. Those again are just things I notice during my play and I doubt Mihoyo would look at my suggestions since they barelly read my feedback regarding her elemental skill behaviour.

Fake

Casuals
Clearing Abyss

Pick one, lol.

IDK, if they show us a metric like that player char in China. In fact they don't show us much of this.

I started to beat Abyss this month. They even put buffs alerts on the quest area.

Pejo

IDK, if they show us a metric like that player char in China. In fact they don't show us much of this.

I started to beat Abyss this month. They even put buffs alerts on the quest area.
Well I'm not sure where you see yourself in the casual -> hardcore gamer spectrum, but I guarantee there are players more casual than you are, that don't even equip artifacts or know you can level talents.

Man I've been reading up on this Honkai bullshit, and it has me even more mad now. I feel incredibly unlikely at this point to ever give MHY another cent, welkin or BP or otherwise.

Reactions: Fuz

Fake

Well I'm not sure where you see yourself in the casual -> hardcore gamer spectrum, but I guarantee there are players more casual than you are, that don't even equip artifacts or know you can level talents.

Man I've been reading up on this Honkai bullshit, and it has me even more mad now. I feel incredibly unlikely at this point to ever give MHY another cent, welkin or BP or otherwise.

No, no. I not saying I'm casual. Again, without numbers we can't be sure. Remember, this game is on mobile too. IDK if mobile gamers take this seriouly.

I do believe they don't reveal those numbers for formality.

Fake

Talking about the geo lizard, this new boss remember this recent geo.

He will be week boss?

Last edited:
Top Bottom