• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Fake

Amber could be buffed so easily to become a good character if there was a way to make her normal attacks have the fire element. Even if it was like a constellation 6 skill, it would make her go from "eh" to extremely usable. Alternatively, if her Baron Bunny was immobile once set (in other words enemy attacks couldn't move it), or even if the blast radius doubled. Her elemental burst sucks, but at least it does its job of setting an area on fire. My main problem with Amber after keeping her in my party for so long is that she can't really quickly apply the fire status unless her burst is up.

IMO her burst vary between the chars you're currectly using. Her taunt doll is useful when you get mobed on dungeons and challenges, while her ult is good IF you want to make elemental reaction.
The Lightning mage for example, her ult leave an area that do lightning damage and mark the target inside the area with electro buff, in other words calling everyone inside the area and use loads of burst from other chars, including Amber fire arrowstorm.

Last edited:

Castef

Banned
Sorry for the questions which most probably have already been answered several times, but It seems that I can't find them in this thread.

1: how much does the game force the player to spend money, if it does?
2: right now does the game have a proper ending?

Thanks in advance.

MagnesG

Banned
IMO her burst vary between the chars you're currectly using. Her taunt doll is useful when you get mobed on dungeons and challenges, while her ult is good IF you want to make elemental reaction.
The Lightning mage for example, her ult leave an area that do lightning damage and mark the target inside the area with electro buff, in other words calling everyone inside the area and use loads of burst from other chars, including Amber fire arrowstorm.
Now that I have Filsch and Mona, it's been hard to justifying a slot for Amber.

IMO she's a character that needs a heavy rework for future content. At least make it so that we can one shot the doll ourselves.

Pejo

Sorry for the questions which most probably have already been answered several times, but It seems that I can't find them in this thread.

Thanks in advance.
1. You can enjoy the whole story without spending a dime. Rerolling is also on the table if you have a particular character that catches your eye, if you want to spend the time to do it.
2. No, you can get approximately mid-way through the 2nd story arc and that's where we're all stuck for the time being.

Now that I have Filsch and Mona, it's been hard to justifying a slot for Amber.

IMO she's a character that needs a heavy rework for future content. At least make it so that we can one shot the doll ourselves.
That is actually her constellation 2 buff.

Last edited:

MagnesG

Banned
That is actually her constellation 2 buff.
Oh I guess she can be usable with pure luck though I'm not sure if I can find her 2 dupl in the gacha pool anytime soon. Meanwhile my Xiangling had already got 2 dupl with one more otw after the Spiral challenge.

MagnesG

Banned

Thanks in advance.
1. I'm sure most of the playerbase are not actually spending money yet still had obtained at least *5 char just from free pulls after progressing.
2. It's an online game with massive future content being released periodically. For now at least you can get around 30 hours of playtime for free.

Reactions: Isa

Saber

Gold Member

Thanks in advance.

Not a thing. Explore, do quests, get xp, farming xp materials, beat monsters and bosses...all this without a single dime.

The only thing that you might decide to spend is the wish system(the one for getting new characters aside the 4 ones) and the game doesn't even force or throw at you. Even more, you can trade pyrogems for wishes. Pyrogems are found basically everywhere, even the daily messages rewards you with pyrogems.

Ending? No. The game just begun. We are up for a new area and more quests.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Pejo

Oh I guess she can be usable with pure luck though I'm not sure if I can find her 2 dupl in the gacha pool anytime soon. Meanwhile my Xiangling had already got 2 dupl with one more otw after the Spiral challenge.
You can buy one copy of her right now in the shop with stardust (byproduct from rolling on banners), just FYI.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm really hoping that the PS5 speeds this game up a lot and smooths out the stuttering. It's a bit difficult to play sometimes, especially in story missions, when you have to enter / exit interiors often - something that takes about 90 seconds to load on my PS4 Pro.

LOLCats

Banned
you can also buy amber upgrades from the Paimon shop with one of its currencies, though im around adventure level 18 and dont have enough yet.

and I hear you on getting the characters that we already get later... I rolled 2x Fischle, a Xingling and a Barbara...

i want jean god damn it.

Last edited:

Pejo

Well, other than the constant deficit of Mora and XP books, my character leveling is going pretty good. I figured i'd concentrate on ascensions and character levels first, then deal with weapons/talents/artifacts in that order.

The longer I play and see how the artifact system works, the less I want to upgrade anything under purple rarity. +16ing an artifact (I think that's current max level) is incredibly expensive, and most of the best artifact sets you have to grind out in specific shrines. You get a very limited type of artifact that drops from usual sources like world bosses, chests, enemies, quests, etc.

I think the only sets you can get from general world stuff is:
  • Adventurer
  • Travelling Doctor
  • Lucky Dog
  • Berserker
  • Instructor
  • Exile
Maybe the variety increases based on world level, but for now that's all I'm getting.

The 2 weekly bosses look like they drop either unique or rarer sets, and then the rest are only farmable in dungeons specific to the type you're looking for. For now, to prevent myself from getting behind the power curve, I'm just leveling my most used characters blue/purple sets to +8 and calling it a day. After I get all of the other stuff done, I'll actually read up on sets that I want to build for each character and farm purples/golds of all of those. That's my last step in character building though, so it can wait despite being a very large boost to overall character effectiveness.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

Thanks in advance.

1. It doesn't, no game forces people to do things. Everything you do is your choice.
2. No, the game is barely starting out. As of right now only 2 continents (countries?) are available. New content drops Monday. (Not Japan land) :(

I'm really hoping that the PS5 speeds this game up a lot and smooths out the stuttering. It's a bit difficult to play sometimes, especially in story missions, when you have to enter / exit interiors often - something that takes about 90 seconds to load on my PS4 Pro.
With an SSD it takes around 21 seconds or so at most. (story) Except like twice when it was around 40 seconds and I thought it froze on me lol. When it first loads it is around 34 seconds or so for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hustler

agreed, I’m looking forward to this as well. Gameplay is nowhere near as smooth as playing on PC, even on my pro. I’m looking forward to it, from what the devs said they’re already working on how to take advantage of the PS5. Which means (fingers crossed) it’ll work better even if through BC mode.

I noticed something yesterday that can help with this. You don't need to be on the overworld to fast travel. For example, you can get a mission that requires you to go to the church, and then fast travel out to anywhere on the map. Before I realized that, I was waiting twice, once to leave the building and once to fast travel.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
NOVEMBER 11 UPDATE STILL NO JAPAN
NOVEMBER 11 UPDATE STILL NO JAPAN

LKaVkBo.gif

MagnesG

Banned
You can buy one copy of her right now in the shop with stardust (byproduct from rolling on banners), just FYI.
you can also buy amber upgrades from the Paimon shop with one of its currencies, though im around adventure level 18 and dont have enough yet.

and I hear you on getting the characters that we already get later... I rolled 2x Fischle, a Xingling and a Barbara...

i want jean god damn it.
That's my next target.

MagnesG

Banned
Post up your mains for now.

Mine are Noelle, Mona, Filschl, Xiangling

Considered giving Legacy (40% atk when switched) for Barbara, but I like Mona more for maneuver and running away, plus with her fast taunt skills cooldown I can do faster elemental combos.

Noelle is actually OP I think in the new continent.

Pejo

man you can do some really cool shit with Barbara, her gameplay is fun to have in party.
Yea I got Qiqi on rerolls, and was happy to find out she was supposedly the #1 healer, but I use Barbara over her in nearly all content. Having the healing scale off of HP and having her be ranged makes her super easy to build and safe to use. She's one of my absolute favorite units so far.
Post up your mains for now.

My main team hasn't changed since I started despite me getting some great new units, including 5*s.

I'm still running Razor, Amber, Lisa, Barbara.

So I finally got all the remaining Anemo crystals, and 100%'d the Mondstat region, got all of the achievements. It wasn't as bad as I thought, but surprisingly the hardest part was finding 400 chests. Decided to stop for tonight afterwards.

I've been trying to use Amber more lately other than just tossing her doll and switching out. It's such a shame that she's in her current state. I really hope that she gets a buff someday. Her Burst is super low cost, energy wise, but my god it's terrible. Only lasts a few seconds and does barely any damage, but at least it applies fire. I really think giving her normal attacks the fire element would be all she needs to hold her own in the meta.

I managed to roll Diluc, so Amber's days in my team are probably severely limited. Couple that with the fact that I'm nearly done with the fire brazier puzzles in both areas we have access to, which was the only other reason I kept her. I guess I'll miss the glider stamina reduction, but Diluc is a ton of fun to play as and pairs well with Razor for big dick damage.

Do you guys feel like Geo/Anemo elements are hard to fit into a team? They don't create any elemental effects themselves, which to me is the biggest reason to swap elements against neutral/weak enemies. Anemo has the swirl effect, which honestly kinda sucks because it usually swirls the monster's native element, which they're usually immune to. Geo pops off crystals to give you a weak ass shield, but does nothing to increase kill speed or stun the enemies, which are both way more useful in difficult fights. They just seem really poor compared to fire/water/ice/lightning. We don't even have any characters that can do Nature damage yet, the 7th element, so I'm not sure what that does.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Is there a way to delete your account? I emailed customer service several days ago but haven’t received a response.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Runs like shit on Ps4 pro. It's like 30fps but worse. Due frame pacing issues? Idk. I will try it on PC.
Disable the option under v-sync. It runs...er slightly better. But yes, it needs optimization.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Disable the option under v-sync. It runs...er slightly better. But yes, it needs optimization.
I tried all of it but nothing. I'm listening to it's beautiful OST while downloading it on PC.

I can't unlink and delete my PS4 account btw. They say go to official website but i couldn't find anything related to it. Just sent an email about it.

I'm expecting some fishy things about this game but i can't resist it. It's like i'm under some spell.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I tried all of it but nothing. I'm listening to it's beautiful OST while downloading it on PC.

I can't unlink and delete my PS4 account btw. They say go to official website but i couldn't find anything related to it. Just sent an email about it.

I'm expecting some fishy things about this game but i can't resist it. It's like i'm under some spell.
The Ps4 account is separate from the PC one. So just uninstall it and never worry about it again.

Yeah, the game is fun. This is the most dangerous spell. Those dastardly Chinese developers, making fun games people want to play! HOW DARE THEY! China bad Reeeeeeeee

(The other thread about this game is hilarious, especially when compared to this one.)

Pejo

What can we do in co op?
You can collect resources in the host world but can't open chests. You can fight bosses and stuff together too. Some quests are locked out while there is co-op going on. This is from what I've read at least, I haven't tried it yet myself.

MagnesG

Banned
You can collect resources in the host world but can't open chests. You can fight bosses and stuff together too. Some quests are locked out while there is co-op going on. This is from what I've read at least, I haven't tried it yet myself.
Can you get loot from bosses though, or you have have to steal it for the host.

Pejo

Can you get loot from bosses though, or you have have to steal it for the host.
I don't know honestly. My guess is either you'd have to use your own 40 resin or you get nothing with no option to use resin. If it's handed like the co-op for the dungeons, it's your choice after you win if you want to use resin or not.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Yeah, the game is fun. This is the most dangerous spell. Those dastardly Chinese developers, making fun games people want to play! HOW DARE THEY! China bad Reeeeeeeee

(The other thread about this game is hilarious, especially when compared to this one.)
It's launcher asks for admin privilige. You can't delete your account easily(i'm still waiting a reply to my mail). Everything looks perfect, almost AAA quality, and you can play it for free(which is awesome). It's from an unknown developer(at least not known outside of China?). I didn't mention anything about their nationality until now.

I hope Chinese developers will bring good IP's in the future like this one and Bright Memory. Gaming industry needs some competition.

This game is gorgeous
QKj1C8U.png
What's mind-blowing to me is this game is made in Unity Engine. Tim Sweeney doesn't know how much he's fucking himself by picking a fight with Apple and Google at the same time that Unity Engine is taking over everywhere, it's already used in 60% of mobile games and over 90% of VR games. Unreal Engine is increasingly confined to use only in the console market which is not a growing market, all the growing markets are using Unity.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
They both have green eyes as well lol. I want characters that break the gacha mold myself, Genshin hasn't really done this. I like Fish, but design wise I just see blonde chuuni Asuka or Hipper when I see her.

xrZJTeT.jpg

Then again I like generic older women characters.

Have you seen Keqing? Cat ears and twintails and stockings....

Genshin-Impact_2020_09-13-20_Top.jpg

I like Essex too!

Ultradsa

Came so close to giving up on this game due to the horrible controller mapping and un-bindable keyboard until I said screw it and made a custom profile on my Razer Orb Weaver and now am loving the hell out of it! Just wish it wasn't play for free.

YukiOnna

Have you seen Keqing? Cat ears and twintails and stockings....
Yes... I want her so bad.

They both have green eyes as well lol. I want characters that break the gacha mold myself, Genshin hasn't really done this. I like Fish, but design wise I just see blonde chuuni Asuka or Hipper when I see her.

xrZJTeT.jpg

Then again I like generic older women characters.

Genshin-Impact_2020_09-13-20_Top.jpg

I like Essex too!
They'll definitely be exhausting every seiyuu joke before we get more out there designs...

Top Bottom