• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Man, I think I'm getting sick of this game.
I'm not even logging to use my resin now that I maxed the weekly BP.
I feel you. The best parts of the game are when a new area releases. We're getting the islands in 1.6, but nothing substantial until Inazuma. If it wasn't for me building up my characters all at once slowly, I'd probably be bored by now too. Still, I have to admit I like filling bars and making my team stronger, so it's enough for me until the exploration comes back.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: Fuz

YukiOnna

Man, I really hope they add a lot of new animations and actions in for the world and Housing. Having a bed I just jump on kinda sucks when I can't pose into something that makes sense. Being only able to sit in chairs is driving me crazy. The photo option would could use another uplift with the addition of such actions/poses.

deanote666

I only need 3000 on the last twisted realm and can't do it solo...

By the time I have the minions taken out, he summons more instantly.

deanote666

I dunno man maybe you should just spend a bit more money on the game and things might go better for you. :messenger_smirking:
I've got 4 skyward swords and 4 skyward claymores that would like a word with you. :p

I tried to brute force it with my 2900 strength Diluc with a level 90 wolfgrave but couldn't.

Ended up switching to easy for the primo gems.

I tried zhongli/diluc/ganyu and didn't get anywhere.

A venti or sucrose to group up the posse to nuke them out of existence is essential. Otherwise your dps on herald will be useless as he gets healed. Put the ER and damage enhancements for energy amplifier. Ganyu and Diluc would be good for melt but better would be a hydro to have the group frozen while you clean them up (if no venti or sucrose).

Pejo

What do you guys think about posting leaks in this thread? On one hand it gives us something to discuss during the normally dead times, but on the other, I think it might be spoiling people and making them lose interest in the game. Should we just be spoiler tagging any leak, regardless of content?

YukiOnna

What do you guys think about posting leaks in this thread? On one hand it gives us something to discuss during the normally dead times, but on the other, I think it might be spoiling people and making them lose interest in the game. Should we just be spoiler tagging any leak, regardless of content?
I'm okay if you guys post leaks as long as the major stuff is spoiler tagged since I just prefer to learn through the stream and official channels, but I'm not sure about others. Besides, I think it should be a given as some of the images are never re-sized and take up a huge chunk of the page so it'd help.

I would suggest using spoiler tags, and also making it clear what the type of spoiler is ahead of time. Some just don't want story elements spoiled, while others might not want to know about new environments or even playable characters.

As long as you're considerate, I think that's the most important thing.

Last edited:

deanote666

Unfortunately, my Venti and Sucrose are under leveled...

On NA server. Thanks though

Content spoilers maybe. Story spoilers no.

Last edited:

crumbs

You guys weren't kidding about the last Twisted Realm challenge. I didn't have too many issues hitting over 5k on the other 3 challenges, but the last one really spikes the difficulty. On expert, it's like a DPS check + crowd control check + plus getting some luck on where you & the herald are in relation to the spawning healing mobs. The CC was my weak point, probably need to start building out Sucrose.

I ended up dropping down some modifiers and getting 3500. Ended up just short of 20k total, but going back and trying to clear it for what amounts to 100k mora from the event shop didn't seem worth it.

Fake

I don't see problem. If someone dislike, just use the spoiler tag.

Dregnel

story stuff must be hidden with a spoiler tag but Unless you're a whale leviathan or you want to be penetrated I don't see any reason why you shouldn't know which character is coming in the next patches.

Last edited:

You don't need them to do damage, just group people. Just swap to them to ult and the swap back to Ganyu and charge shot the group. Have zhongli shield for protection, group enemies, swap to Diluc to apply pyro and then to Ganyu to finish them off.

Fuz

Banned
You don't need them to do damage, just group people. Just swap to them to ult and the swap back to Ganyu and charge shot the group. Have zhongli shield for protection, group enemies, swap to Diluc to apply pyro and then to Ganyu to finish them off.
pp,550x550.u1.jpg

Pejo

So, from a lore perspective here, the Archons were the ones that decided who gets a vision of their corresponding element, right? I wonder why the game hasn't made any mention of them discussing that process or their selection criteria at all. From the story bits we have about the characters receiving their visions, it usually just appears out of thin air. Does that make the Archons omnipresent? If so, that would indicate that Venti knew that ambush was coming and just went along with it, so he was pretty much of the same mind as Zhongli when he gave away his gnosis. Also, I guess now that there are no Geo or Anemo archons, nobody will get a new vision for either of those elements, or can the Tsaritsa just take over and start handing them out since she has the gnosis? Is a gnosis the only thing that makes you an archon, or is it just an amplifier of your existing elemental power? So many aspects of the Archons themselves are unexplored, despite us being able to recruit 2 of them already.

Saber

Gold Member

You know that Herald heals himself for every enemy presented on the field, right?
Also, the heals occurs independant if they're attacking or in the air.

Also, suggesting people to use a team full of 5 star character as if its an easy task to get them is weird.

YukiOnna

So, from a lore perspective here, the Archons were the ones that decided who gets a vision of their corresponding element, right? I wonder why the game hasn't made any mention of them discussing that process or their selection criteria at all. From the story bits we have about the characters receiving their visions, it usually just appears out of thin air. Does that make the Archons omnipresent? If so, that would indicate that Venti knew that ambush was coming and just went along with it, so he was pretty much of the same mind as Zhongli when he gave away his gnosis. Also, I guess now that there are no Geo or Anemo archons, nobody will get a new vision for either of those elements, or can the Tsaritsa just take over and start handing them out since she has the gnosis? Is a gnosis the only thing that makes you an archon, or is it just an amplifier of your existing elemental power? So many aspects of the Archons themselves are unexplored, despite us being able to recruit 2 of them already.
A Gnosis is described as letting one resonate with Celestia. They lose a significant portion of their power + whatever they govern (Morax and Mora production) but they are not completely devoid of it. Zhongli also describes it as the power of Geo.

You know that Herald heals himself for every enemy presented on the field, right?
Also, the heals occurs independant if they're attacking or in the air.

Also, suggesting people to use a team full of 5 star character as if its an easy task to get them is weird.

I know all that. Do you think that killing all enemies when they are separately standing and attacking you is easier or when they are incapacitated and grouped together? Also if you check above, that user has mentioned having all those 5* characters I mentioned in my post. My advice was not a generic one for everyone but specifically for that user for their situation. Also this is not a theory crafted strategy but one I used myself with the only difference being instead of Diluc I used Klee.

I am on NA. If yon want I can join and help you clear it.

Unfortunately, these challenges need exactly this kind of thinking to clear them with high points on higher difficulties.

Pejo

EULA Episode Teaser:

Kinda like a aristocrat tsun. Dammit, they're going to make me roll for her, aren't they? Aether doesn't even give a fuck in that video, he's straight up staring at her tits while she's droning on about nobles, lol.

In other news, two of my friends and myself absolutely destroyed those domains tonight, 4 in a row, one try each. We just used My Childe/Jean and they brought Keqing and Chongus. Absolutely freeze locked everything and annihilated it, full 20k score and shop clear. I guess all that time I spent frustratingly trying to solo this thing was a huge waste of time. Freeze comps are incredibly OP and multiplayer makes this so much easier, it's almost laughable.

Kinda like a aristocrat tsun. Dammit, they're going to make me roll for her, aren't they? Aether doesn't even give a fuck in that video, he's straight up staring at her tits while she's droning on about nobles, lol.

In other news, two of my friends and myself absolutely destroyed those domains tonight, 4 in a row, one try each. We just used My Childe/Jean and they brought Keqing and Chongus. Absolutely freeze locked everything and annihilated it, full 20k score and shop clear. I guess all that time I spent frustratingly trying to solo this thing was a huge waste of time. Freeze comps are incredibly OP and multiplayer makes this so much easier, it's almost laughable.

We don't even need a hydro character for freeze comp in twisted realm. Just use timely rain energy amplifier and have a cryo character and most of the time enemies will be frozen.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

I'm definitely rolling since she's basically like Misaka Mikoto with a better design lmao.

Pejo

I'm definitely rolling since she's basically like Misaka Mikoto with a better design lmao.
Off topic but...

It really pisses me off that they did all of the spinoffs to A Certain Magical Index and never bothered to finish the main series. I don't like any of the side characters that got the spinoffs as much as I liked Index and Touma.

YukiOnna

Off topic but...

It really pisses me off that they did all of the spinoffs to A Certain Magical Index and never bothered to finish the main series. I don't like any of the side characters that got the spinoffs as much as I liked Index and Touma.

You should read the novels if you haven't or at least the manga, it's a better experience. I agree though and hope they announce a continuation in the coming year or so at least...

crumbs

Yeah, after thinking about, that 4th challenge is really encouraging players to use co-op. Being able to divide the work and split the players between the Herald and the healing mobs would make that domain much easier.

In solo, trying to get timing down to switch the fight to the newly spawned mobs was such a pain. If you made a mistake, the Herald would heal and wipe out the work you did to get his health down. What I found frustrating was the irregularity on when the new mobs would heal. Sometimes, they would spawn, but would take 3-5 secs before they heal him. Other times, they spawn & immediately heal him. Not sure if that was a bug, but give me a sec to kill these guys before they trigger the healing.

Pejo

ppHKlEf.png

interesting, genshin lost over 40% player base worldwide between 1.4 and 1.5 It's not a surprise to see a klee rerun since it was the most sold in Japan.
1.5 was probably the lamest patch we've had so far, regarding content. A few quests, a new boss, the housing system, and some new characters that had zero buildup, even less if you didn't pay attention to leaks. Up next is a game of tag and another new character with virtually no existing back story. My IRL friends barely even log in anymore. Only the gacha crowd and the hardcores are still playing for this patch, it feels like. Hopefully the island location in 1.6 is substantial and has some decent puzzles/rewards, or it's going to continue to decline until Inazuma.

Dregnel

1.5 was probably the lamest patch we've had so far, regarding content. A few quests, a new boss, the housing system, and some new characters that had zero buildup, even less if you didn't pay attention to leaks. Up next is a game of tag and another new character with virtually no existing back story. My IRL friends barely even log in anymore. Only the gacha crowd and the hardcores are still playing for this patch, it feels like. Hopefully the island location in 1.6 is substantial and has some decent puzzles/rewards, or it's going to continue to decline until Inazuma.
i don't know man my house is still lv 1, i really like the system but when i don't feel rewarded i just don't use any system at all.

Last edited:

Dregnel

if they rework the abyss twice per week like honkai that would make me want to lv up my characters more but i just take breaks with enough resouce to a future character.

crumbs

The other day I was thinking that 1.5 wasn't too bad, but then I realized that most of the entertainment came from finally pulling and building Zhongli, not because of any of the actual 1.5 content.

- New boss, but he's kinda boring to fight. Also, I don't currently need to fight him since none of the characters I'm building require his materials
- New Hangouts, but we just had a Noelle hangout and Diona is irritating as hell.
- New Domain is easy if you have a good shield character. One plus is that its artifact drops have been decent compared to farming the Crimson Witch and Thundering Fury domains.
- New Zhongli story quest was good but it's over pretty quick.
- Amplifier event was fine, but it felt like an event they would run at the tail end of an update, not lead with it. Rewards were fine, outside of Diona.
- Housing has been interesting. At first I wasn't feeling it, then I got into a bit, but now I'm already starting to feel bored with it. Raising the trust levels has started to slow down, so those Lvl 6 and Lvl 8 Realm store items seem pretty far off.

So yeah, I probably wouldn't have been playing much during this update had it not been for getting Zhongli.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member

ppHKlEf.png

interesting, genshin lost over 40% player base worldwide between 1.4 and 1.5 It's not a surprise to see a klee rerun since it was the most sold in Japan.

Not a surprise. The games was terrible in terms of content quality. Challenge events are more focused on meta players than casual(no enjoyment), housing system has an absurd amount of gating, preventing people to reach its full potential or just have fun, new characters are very boring in terms of kit, the introduction of a new boss which is just another way to scare casuals while extremelly boring in terms of combat(basically an area of effect spammer with no thinking or complexity), another domain with "please use shields" idea, etc. This without counting the fact that new Abysm spiral requirement is Ganyu.

If they repeat what they're doing on 1.5, I will not be surprised to see more people either logging less or literally losing interest in this game. Next time they desperedally asks my feedback I will only write "kappa" in the pages. If they don't take feedback seriously I have no reason to give to them.

Last edited:

Fake

ppHKlEf.png

Deserved. They keep kicking feedback at the trash, put a boring boss with forces you to roll Zhongli.

Thats the price for listen the money.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Is anyone surprised? The game barely has any real content, they are just going to keep losing players until inazuma releases.
Then they'll have a short boost until people realise Inazuma has no real content either.

BlackM1st

Banned
Tex Avery Vintage Animation GIF

*edit*

1u0akb2v0jy61.png
Stop putting everything into spoiler man. My ad block/Twitter block kills enough stuff already. Now half of the page is pitch black/empty 4 me lol Leaks are the only things worth discussing anyway, as people in here not overly interested in META. Besides, who cares about spoiling content in a game with constant content updates AND content droughts? Most people in here are low to medium spenders so knowing about future content is also very helpful 4 them. So yeah, spoil away.

Pejo

Stop putting everything into spoiler man. My ad block/Twitter block kills enough stuff already. Now half of the page is pitch black/empty 4 me lol Leaks are the only things worth discussing anyway, as people in here not overly interested in META. Besides, who cares about spoiling content in a game with constant content updates AND content droughts? Most people in here are low to medium spenders so knowing about future content is also very helpful 4 them. So yeah, spoil away.
Well, I read in another Genshin related post that somebody quit the game and the thread due to too many leaks/spoilers, so I took that to heart a bit, as one of the people that posts a lot of the leak stuff. I just want to make sure that people that choose not to be spoiled on upcoming events/characters/etc can still join the thread, that's all.

BlackM1st

Banned
We should cull the weak bro, not support weak blood among us. Look - "major story spoiler: darkness wins, we all die, maybe our traveler will be the last survivor. Still dies. Universe dies. Universe reboots. Darkness wins again. Etc..."

Story spoilers can be hidden yeah, but gameplay leaks? F dat noise.

Leaks and sales data r the only things that really matter to me now hah

GI losing 40% of population can look like a blessing (putting pressure on MiHo etc.) , but did you guys ever considered that maybe, just maybe, MiHo will decide to nickel and dime even more now and will just milk the shrinking userbase twice as much instead trying to win back people who already left/keep people who play happy? ;D

Top Bottom