• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Saber

Gold Member
Manage to increase the level cap of both Noelle and Kaeya once again. This shit is draining way too much mora. Gonna have to start begging for mora at the city soon lmao

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Well I mean shit if you wanted some of us to add you post your UID bro
Ella Musk is a loli. Elon Musk is a billionaire that called a guy a pedo. Coincidence?
tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

edit: Corrected thanks to the not known soldier.

Last edited by a moderator:

manfestival

I decided to do some rolls with all my primos and etc. I ended up getting 3 Barbaras. I have never used her. Is she any good? I don't have any healers in my party. Right now my party consists of Venti, Mona, Beidou, and Xiangling. I imagine that my team comp my be better served replacing Mona? I mean her damage is ok but I mostly use her for travel.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Barbara is only good for buffing your attackers after switching out and regen.

Ella Musk is a loli. Elon Musk is a billionaire that called a guy a pedo. Coincidence?
tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg
Ella Musk is the older sister, also from this reply I guess you prefer being kicked out of random parties during the event or whatever you were bitching about earlier instead of having friends to play with. Have fun by yourself then.
YSgUJ5F.jpg

Last edited:

Pejo

So I got lucky on some rolls and I'm not sure what the hell to do with my team now. I wish resources weren't so paltry, I'd love to experiment a little with different team compositions. I made my world level 4 though, and now I'd need to level a bunch of characters up to level 40 to stand a chance fighting hillichurls, much less do meaningful content. bleh. It wouldn't kill them to give us like 20-30k Mora along with the xp books for this event.

So I got lucky on some rolls and I'm not sure what the hell to do with my team now. I wish resources weren't so paltry, I'd love to experiment a little with different team compositions. I made my world level 4 though, and now I'd need to level a bunch of characters up to level 40 to stand a chance fighting hillichurls, much less do meaningful content. bleh. It wouldn't kill them to give us like 20-30k Mora along with the xp books for this event.

Would early levels of spiral abyss allow you to face lower level enemies? And of course, you can temporarily transfer artifacts and weapons to your new characters to buff them a bit while trying them out. Which characters did you pull?

Manage to increase the level cap of both Noelle and Kaeya once again. This shit is draining way too much mora. Gonna have to start begging for mora at the city soon lmao
You thought being the world's hero wouldn't come at a cost, huh? This is only the beginning :messenger_tears_of_joy:

i did, i just see vendors :messenger_expressionless:
Oh, I got soft locked there once. You are supposed to meet Amber at the top of the city next to the statue, where she'll give you the Glider and then you presume to do the early game chain-quests. If you go there and she isn't anywhere to be seen or the cutscene of her giving you the glider don't play out you should teleport back out of the city and back to it. It should fix for you.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I used 10 wishes that the game gave me for starting up, and go JEAN in my party. I still don't know all the pay and free systems. I am adventure rank 9, and I think I get some quest that open up at AR 10. SO far I like the aesthetics and the story. I also need to figure out how to open up the map more. Parts of my map are still black, I think I need a tower to reveal sections.

Pejo

Would early levels of spiral abyss allow you to face lower level enemies? And of course, you can temporarily transfer artifacts and weapons to your new characters to buff them a bit while trying them out. Which characters did you pull?
I found out I can still do the lower level dungeons and just not accept the rewards at the end to make it free, so I played around in there a bit. I picked up Beidou and Jean. I like them both, but I don't feel like Beidou's Elemental Burst is very good. I love the counter though, so fun. It really makes you realize how passive most of the enemies are though, at least at lower levels.

Jean seems like fun but I'm going to have to get her some energy recharge +% because her Elemental Burst takes forever to charge up. Her charge attack that lifts small enemies into the air is cool, but it seems like only bow users and mages can hit them when they're in the air. She seems to be a character for people that like swapping characters frequently and for tossing enemies off of cliffs. I only wish that cliff tossing was a little more deadly to enemies, to me it just seems like they either stay alive and stay down there, forcing me to jump down after them, or they just glitch out and reappear at the top of the cliff with full health. It's good for indoor pits though, since they're bottomless.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I used 10 wishes that the game gave me for starting up, and go JEAN in my party. I still don't know all the pay and free systems. I am adventure rank 9, and I think I get some quest that open up at AR 10. SO far I like the aesthetics and the story. I also need to figure out how to open up the map more. Parts of my map are still black, I think I need a tower to reveal sections.
Statues. Go find the not demon statues they unlock parts of the map.

MagnesG

Banned
I only wish that cliff tossing was a little more deadly to enemies, to me it just seems like they either stay alive and stay down there, forcing me to jump down after them, or they just glitch out and reappear at the top of the cliff with full health. It's good for indoor pits though, since they're bottomless.
Yeah it doesn't make sense when could die from high places yet monster could still survive and respawn hilariously.

You get a lot thrown at you from AR 8 to 20. Most of the things you need to do to progress are available in the Adventure's Handbook which you get from Katheryne of the Adventurer's Guild, so you can start up from there to get a better grasp of what you can do in the game. You shouldn't worry about what to upgrade and how to until you hit AR 20, so use whatever you like and pick along the way :)

For the map, you can open more sections of it if you find more of the big statues of the seven scattered across the land. They are recognizable from the map by being giant dots, discovering them help a lot with navigation and you can bring the little collectibles called oculus (anemoculus and geoculus) to the statues as offering so you get some of the currency and the Stamina Upgrades which make your life much easier later on. But go explore the world, that's the beauty of the game early on.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah it doesn't make sense when could die from high places yet monster could still survive and respawn hilariously.
Beat a monster to near death only for them to run a little bit and regen all their life happens quite a bit early on lol.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Jean is a pretty good pull although not quite as good as Venti or Diluc. Her directed wind attack has a decently high damage output and quick cooldown, but I've found that it'll usually send enemies flying which is where the magic is. Sending an enemy directly off a cliff or into deep water usually means instant KO.

Saber

Gold Member
Beat a monster to near death only for them to run a little bit and regen all their life happens quite a bit early on lol.

I find that quite abusive. Mainly when he walk two steps and then he already go back to its original point. Hilicur archers on towers abuse this too much.

Also, I'm kinda regretting increasing the world level. Monsters aren't dropping better loot(they barelly drop 40+ level drops), the mora reward still pretty low and character XP is mediocre. But hey, their HP is pretty damn high and their damage received a wooping boost.

Last edited:

Pejo

Saw this on reddit this morning, one of my favorite Paimon scenes. I can't believe Genshin actually got me to like a mascot character. This has to be the first time ever.

7woai7wzjzs51.jpg

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Saw this on reddit this morning, one of my favorite Paimon scenes. I can't believe Genshin actually got me to like a mascot character. This has to be the first time ever.

7woai7wzjzs51.jpg
ehe te nandayo!

uR4mVmL.gif

Paimon is Tama v2 except (as of right now) she isn't fighting with you.

Fake

Increase lvl of the world is not doing to me any favor.

Even those barricades get status boost.

Pejo

Increase lvl of the world is not doing to me any favor.

Even those barricades get status boost.
Yea I really regret raising mine to level 4 a bit too early. I didn't want to miss out on increased boss/leyline rewards, but now I'm hard locked into my higher level team until I can get some upgrades spread around.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Would help a lot of players if this game had controller support on mobile or tablets.
I agree, would have loved to play this on mobile with my new Razor Kishi.

I saw some videos online of people setting up middleware like Octopus to get it working but it was clunky and still required some touch input for a few functions.

Fake

Yea I really regret raising mine to level 4 a bit too early. I didn't want to miss out on increased boss/leyline rewards, but now I'm hard locked into my higher level team until I can get some upgrades spread around.

I've talking to my brother about this. Is kinda unecessary leveling up the world if the monsters just scale their status and not their mora/exp.

Pejo

I've talking to my brother about this. Is kinda unecessary leveling up the world if the monsters just scale their status and not their mora/exp.
Well the things that "level up" along with the world level are enemy drops (quality, like you get blue/green/white instead of just white), Leyline and boss rewards (more xp books/mora/better quality materials and artifacts from dungeons). That's the main incentive to upgrade world level. The longer you stay on lower world levels, the less rewards you get for the same amount of Resin, which is the real mechanic at play. Higher world level = more economic usage of Resin.

I don't think I'm capped again until AR45 now. That kinda sucks because world level will increase again regardless of if I want it to or not at AR40. They should have those cap quests at every world level increase so you have granular control over when it happens.

Fake

Well the things that "level up" along with the world level are enemy drops (quality, like you get blue/green/white instead of just white), Leyline and boss rewards (more xp books/mora/better quality materials and artifacts from dungeons). That's the main incentive to upgrade world level. The longer you stay on lower world levels, the less rewards you get for the same amount of Resin, which is the real mechanic at play. Higher world level = more economic usage of Resin.

I don't think I'm capped again until AR45 now. That kinda sucks because world level will increase again regardless of if I want it to or not at AR40. They should have those cap quests at every world level increase so you have granular control over when it happens.

Don't matter if higher levels require absurdes levels of mora.
Understand that? Or you're still in low level?

Pejo

Don't matter if higher levels require absurdes levels of mora.
Understand that? Or you're still in low level?
Well that's what I'm saying, if you're low on Mora it's better to raise world level sooner. For instance, I get 44,000 Mora for every gold leyline I do, where as before at world level 3, I think I got 36,000. Either way, the leyline costs 20 resin, so you're getting like 20% more Mora per Resin spent at world level 4.

Fake

Well that's what I'm saying, if you're low on Mora it's better to raise world level sooner. For instance, I get 44,000 Mora for every gold leyline I do, where as before at world level 3, I think I got 36,000. Either way, the leyline costs 20 resin, so you're getting like 20% more Mora per Resin spent at world level 4.

Dude, are you even reading what I'm talking about?

Pejo

Dude, are you even reading what I'm talking about?
I'm reading, but I don't think I understand what you're getting at. I do agree it sucks that xp and Mora per kill doesn't go up, but that's not the main benefit to raising your world level. Everything Resin related gets better the higher your level.

Fake

I'm reading, but I don't think I understand what you're getting at. I do agree it sucks that xp and Mora per kill doesn't go up, but that's not the main benefit to raising your world level. Everything Resin related gets better the higher your level.

I'll make clear for you understand.
Increase world rank = Enemies around the world get more hard to kill
Enemies scales status =/= drop, exp and mora don't
News itens for level up your char/weapon = even more money required

Don't matter if challenges give you money. Late game you get more and more disinterested in facing monsters around the world.
I pretty much ignoring others areas just for specific itens and doing gold challenges just for money.

Pejo

I'll make clear for you understand.
Increase world rank = Enemies around the world get more hard to kill
Enemies scales status =/= drop, exp and mora don't
News itens for level up your char/weapon = even more money required

Don't matter if challenges give you money. Late game you get more and more disinterested in facing monsters around the world.
I pretty much ignoring others areas just for specific itens and doing gold challenges just for money.
Ah ok, I get you then. The one side-benefit is that you will soemtimes get blue/green weapons and artifacts that drop from the tougher regular enemies (like large hilichurls), and you can always sell those for extra money if you have too much junk and not enough Mora. I do agree that Mora/XP drops from enemies themselves is pathetic.

Saber

Gold Member
Ah ok, I get you then. The one side-benefit is that you will soemtimes get blue/green weapons and artifacts that drop from the tougher regular enemies (like large hilichurls), and you can always sell those for extra money if you have too much junk and not enough Mora. I do agree that Mora/XP drops from enemies themselves is pathetic.

Large Hulichurls barelly drop +40 itens, even with my world rank increased. The same with treasure hoarders dropping silver stuff. I'm still trying to understand the benefit of increasing world rank. When it comes to enemies, only their stats are boosted up. If that allow to get rarer drops, still seems to drop at a pretty low chance.

Which means I'm wasting way more time beating them(side note, lvl 70 with lvl 70 weapons already) for a low chance of get of what I need. Just for you to understand what me and my brother are getting into, both my Noelle and Kaeya evolved thanks to alchemy, by transmuting lower level itens into big ones since these are very common in all levels.

Top Bottom