• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

...where we will get another (old) Geo and his new F2P sword haha

LOL, it's nice to want things. 210 wishes is required only for 1 5☆ weapon guarantee.

That's like... totally on you, man. 17k and 1 5☆ is something you should be glad for considering that you were on 50/50.

I lost all 50/50 on my way to C3 Baal. All of them. And most of my C were on HARD pity.

That 80$ on weapon banner is a total waste, either have 210 pulls ready or don't expect anything.
Yeah I know thats gacha I've basically just been very lucky up until now. I was like 10-2 on my 50/50s prior to this and I have C2 Raiden, C1 Zhongli, and C1 Ganyu (and C1 Childe though I don't use him) so I've been pretty spoiled up til now with the luck. This is the first time I've basically lost the 50/50 3 straight times and it sucks. Especially throwing $$$ at the weapon banner. That's completely my fault obviously but it still sucks. I should have just spent those wishes on the character banner.

Last edited:

Pejo

Yeah I know thats gacha I've basically just been very lucky up until now. I was like 10-2 on my 50/50s prior to this and I have C2 Raiden, C1 Zhongli, and C1 Ganyu (and C1 Childe though I don't use him) so I've been pretty spoiled up til now with the luck. This is the first time I've basically lost the 50/50 3 straight times and it sucks. Especially throwing $$$ at the weapon banner. That's completely my fault obviously but it still sucks. I should have just spent those wishes on the character banner.
RNG giveth, RNG taketh away. Even so, getting a Diluc just a few pulls after another 5* is still pretty great luck, considering the rates.

BlackM1st

Banned
Lmao, I don't known what to say now. You're one of the luckiest guys in this whole thread haha. So don't be too upset.

Just let it be your lesson. In a crooked game you can never win( GI is definitely crooked), just be glad that you lost less than you could haha

I got nothing on this banner. Granted, I made only 2 x 10 pulls and now have no primos, but at least my money and sanity is with me lmao

Take a break, let it all sink in, go outside and take a couple of deep breaths...

As for your weapon situation.... I mean there's no other way to look at it: compared to Homa your bow is an utter trash. But compared to Homa most of the weapons are trash. And unlike my friend you haven't spent 1000s of dollars for nothing. He was pulling on the previous banner and haven't got even 1 lol

On the flip side: there's a plenty of options for Hu Tao to use, both F2P and cheap paid options. Current store spear can give you some C DMG, while BP spear is a great and relatively cheap option for C DMG.

And moving to your bow: believe it or not, but it's Best in Slot for Amber lol You can make her useful with it. Overall it's a great support weapon and you can safely slap it on any support and it will provide great results.

RNG giveth, RNG taketh away. Even so, getting a Diluc just a few pulls after another 5* is still pretty great luck, considering the rates.

That mofo spooked my final C3 pull. Hate him so much xD Bastard. He's close to the final ascension. Still not sure if I'm gonna bother with him.

YukiOnna

I've been steadily buying the artifact xp mats from the teapot shop every week in preparation for when I have nothing left to grind other than artifacts. Most of my artifact income right now is the smattering of green/white ones that pop out of shiny "examine" spots. I've been going back and doing nothing but leylines the past two weeks to get my characters the rest of the way from 81 to 90, it's a real slog. After that it's the rest of the talent book grind, weapons from 80-90, then finally artifacts.

It's actually been kinda nice not getting sidetracked with building new characters in 2.2, so I'm finally getting some real progress in making my core teams stronger. I'm going to leave Thoma in the oven for a while until I get my current teams finished. He's a really good shielder and pyro applicator, but I just don't have a need for that currently.

Did YukiOnna YukiOnna fall off the earth or something? I haven't seen any art posts in a minute.

This one's for you (and mainly me), buddy.
xsibrpmxmex71.jpg
Lmao I'm alive, just busy.

And massively salty cause I didn't get Hu Tao again. Trying to rack up 20 more rolls.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned

A lot of money shots in this video. Great wallpapers material. And of course she's using her signature Homa in it. Just to rub it in even more lmao

Last edited:

Pejo

Survey time. Nothing exciting in this one, just questions about the lame zither event and the dungeon event, which I gave positive feedback on. The hardest difficulty should have had rewards though, even if just xp books/mora.

BlackM1st

Banned
Star Rail Ultimates if anyone wants to see

Looks mediocre and animu as F. Fucking MiHo spending Genshin money on it. Boo!

Half Baked Reaction GIF

I seriously fail to see the point in yet another 4 v 4 auto battle mobile gacha. Maybe it's cheap enough to make and easy to monetize...

Pejo

Star Rail Ultimates if anyone wants to see

Shame that this is a mobile gacha title. I'd buy the shit out of it if it were a standalone experience with a full story that isn't time gated and made up as you go to accommodate all the fuckery that comes along with gacha. The art is fantastic, the visuals are super clean, and I'm already invested in the in-game universe. I just can't with another gacha though.

*edit*

Since we're talking other gachas for a minute, can I just say how fucking good the Guardian Tales devs are? There was a recent controversy since Monday that they were going to alter a few character arts to keep a 7+ age rating in Korea and other regions. People got mad about this because censorship sucks and it was a lame set of changes. The devs actually responded today that they are going to raise the age rating of the game instead, change the art back, and give compensation. Can you imagine MHY doing that with their various censoring? Guardian Tales still remains the overall best gacha I've ever played, admittedly not as robust or high budget as Genshin.

Last edited:
I was the one bitching about not getting a C1 Hu Tao and Staff Of Homa the other day...I spent another $85 and got Staff Of Homa (and also a 2nd Elegy Bow). Then had about 6 wishes left over that I put into the character banner. Hopefully I can get another Hu Tao before the banner is over. Otherwise I'll probably go for Albedo. Either way I hate myself but I'm happy I got the damn Staff. Decided to go all in for that as opposed to going for C1 Hu Tao since Homa is great on basically any Polearm user.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
I was the one bitching about not getting a C1 Hu Tao and Staff Of Homa the other day...I spent another $85 and got Staff Of Homa (and also a 2nd Elegy Bow). Then had about 6 wishes left over that I put into the character banner. Hopefully I can get another Hu Tao before the banner is over. Otherwise I'll probably go for Albedo. Either way I hate myself but I'm happy I got the damn Staff. Decided to go all in for that as opposed to going for C1 Hu Tao since Homa is great on basically any Polearm user.
Lmao, grats man. Enjoy!

That's a travesty, yeah.

Pejo

I could tell from your posts that this was going to be the eventual outcome. I only know because I recognize those patterns in myself. Regardless, congrats, but don't overspend! She'll be back again.

Fuz

Banned
son_i_am_disappoint.jpg

Pejo

S09AKlw.jpg

Proceeds to hunt bloodthirsty chickens 🐔

KG4rLWXYGNFhqJR3A7kuSyiWeyYithJXFn0zOZJTMHl5cLWuFcgqeB9p532YulLjKw=w412-h220-rw

Battle which shook the Heavens!

That's your answer. I wish GI was Korean.

They gave us K-POP tho, so I still gonna put em below Japan lmao
Man if you played 16 bit ARPGs, especially Zelda, this game is so god damn good. Manages to be actually funny and really fucking dark too. I wish they'd do some real advertising because this game could be huge if they could actually get people to play it.

Yea KR is pretty much the saving grace on gacha right now. JP is too tied into ye olde ways and refuses to expand out of the same 3 types of games. CN has the cutting edge tech and game types, but horrendous monetization and censorship up the wazoo.

I could tell from your posts that this was going to be the eventual outcome. I only know because I recognize those patterns in myself. Regardless, congrats, but don't overspend! She'll be back again.
Yeah I'm usually pretty good overall with this game (probably only because I've otherwise had great luck). I really wasted a lot of money and primogems this time though. Hopefully I don't do it again. It felt pretty terrible and still does knowing I spent so much but at least I got what I wanted for the most part.

I know it's been said a thousand times but do not be me. It's really pathetic. Addiction is a bitch and it just doesn't always pay off. Stay the hell away from that weapon banner!

Last edited:
  • Empathy
Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
Man if you played 16 bit ARPGs, especially Zelda, this game is so god damn good. Manages to be actually funny and really fucking dark too. I wish they'd do some real advertising because this game could be huge if they could actually get people to play it.
Actually looks pretty good to me.
How big/time consuming/predatory is it?

Pejo

Actually looks pretty good to me.
How big/time consuming/predatory is it?
If all you want to do is log in and burn stamina, just a few minutes a day. After first clear, all of the "Farming" stages can be skipped for full rewards. The story actually takes some time and brain power, but it's the whole reason to play IMO. I haven't had to purchase a single thing to get all of the characters that I wanted, but I do the daily gems pack just to support the devs a bit. There's also a pretty generous mileage system (pity essentially) that you can build up and use on any character at any time, no limited bs. Also, you unlock most of the 2* characters (think 4* by genshin standards) just by playing the story and completing quests (sometimes hidden quests even). You can also unlock 2-3 of the max rarity characters this way through gameplay.

I really recommend getting it and playing through world 2. By then it's either not your thing or you're hooked.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
If all you want to do is log in and burn stamina, just a few minutes a day. After first clear, all of the "Farming" stages can be skipped for full rewards. The story actually takes some time and brain power, but it's the whole reason to play IMO. I haven't had to purchase a single thing to get all of the characters that I wanted, but I do the daily gems pack just to support the devs a bit. There's also a pretty generous mileage system (pity essentially) that you can build up and use on any character at any time, no limited bs. Also, you unlock most of the 2* characters (think 4* by genshin standards) just by playing the story and completing quests (sometimes hidden quests even). You can also unlock 2-3 of the max rarity characters this way through gameplay.

I really recommend getting it and playing through world 2. By then it's either not your thing or you're hooked.
Don't do this to me.

Either way I hate myself but I'm happy
Gacha Addiction in a nutshell?

I'm baffled at the amount of other gacha titles people are bringing up in this thread. I can't imagine playing more than one of these at a time. Though I am the type to go around and pick up all the artifacts every day to squeeze some extra mora from the game, so perhaps I just spend too much time on it.

Pejo

Gacha Addiction in a nutshell?

I'm baffled at the amount of other gacha titles people are bringing up in this thread. I can't imagine playing more than one of these at a time. Though I am the type to go around and pick up all the artifacts every day to squeeze some extra mora from the game, so perhaps I just spend too much time on it.
Well Genshin is dead as a doornail currently. Not much to discuss for a few days when the next stuff starts. Nobody but me and Fuz Fuz still talk about not getting the Fatui Mondstadt dailies a year + into the game.

BlackM1st

Banned
Though I am the type to go around and pick up all the artifacts every day to squeeze some extra mora from the game, so perhaps I just spend too much time on it.
Perhaps

But seriously speaking tho, I'm with you. Those games are way too time consuming. Especially if you're starting not from the day 1.

But if you started day 1 there's a big chance that all you have to do daily is just to login, do 5 missions and log out.

I'm waiting for GirlsFrontline 2 to be there day 1 and take my time adjusting to it without 100 missions and 10 banners looking at me every time I login.

Well Genshin is dead as a doornail currently. Not much to discuss for a few days when the next stuff starts. Nobody but me and Fuz Fuz still talk about not getting the Fatui Mondstadt dailies a year + into the game.
Sure, but you can also play normal games, or even other non-gacha F2P titles. Why default to other gacha games? You like to be abused that much?

But seriously speaking tho, I'm with you. Those games are way too time consuming. Especially if you're starting not from the day 1.

But if you started day 1 there's a big chance that all you have to do daily is just to login, do 5 missions and log out.
I guess I'm just more invested in Genshin because I spend so much time with it. I don't I'd be able to care about a game I play for 10 minutes a day to keep up with its bullshit for years.

That's some nice art right there. Hu Tao is not my favorite, but she's a fun character. I'd never pull for her though, I feel like it's easy to get suckered into pulling for C1 and Homa with her. Heck, we got at least one in this thread already! That's too much investment for one character, especially one that came out some time ago and will likely lose her relevance soon-ish. She doesn't play well with healers either. Too much of a hassle to use, frankly.

Pejo

I have a lot of her money shots, but you guys are nasty and don't deserve it lmao
This reminds me of when my older coworker didn't know what "glory hole" meant and kept using it in the wrong way.

But yea, she's got lots of both good art and "good" art.

Sure, but you can also play normal games, or even other non-gacha F2P titles. Why default to other gacha games? You like to be abused that much?
Fair, I do talk about those games in the threads for them though. This one is one of the only active gacha threads in GAF, which makes it at least tangentially related. It's also worthwhile I think to have some knowledge of other games, the way they treat their players, and other industry news/goings on. Helps build perspective for Genshin and what they do. If you had never played/heard of other gacha games, for instance, you might think that Genshin's gacha isn't that predatory or that the anniversary was just fine. It's due to comparing those things to other games in the genre that help you realize that they're both bullshit.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
I don't I'd be able to care about a game I play for 10 minutes a day to keep up with its bullshit for years.
Nah, if you start day 1, complete all the story stuff, finish building your hero/team/base you'll become attached. Plus all games have a downtime periods, devs just can't pump out content nonstop.

GI is a little different to me at least.That's because GI is a proper gamey game and even side activities in there can be fun or lead to a random exploration/adventure. Most other gacha games are basically play themselves while you impatiently look at the time waiting for your daily chores to finally end. Happens in GI too ofc, but to a way lesser extent.

I feel like it's easy to get suckered into pulling for C1 and Homa with her.
Yeah, some people think so, but it's more because of the youtube streamers saying "her charged atk is everything you guys" and unwashed masses fall for it, while in reality she's absolutely playable and deadly at C0. Homa is nice n all, but it's only a weapon. I pull on weapon banner only out of boredom and never expect anything.

Too much of a hassle to use, frankly.
Oh, absolutely. She's way to cumbersome for what she is.

She was obsolete the moment she was released because Cocogoat already existed.

She's an OK hero with a very strong melee ATK, but outside of her big numbers I fail to see the gameplay appeal of such a pain in the ass hero when Cocogoat, Ayaka and Raiden are available.

I mean yes, she's cute n sexy, but I skipped EULA and have 0 regrets.

my older coworker didn't know what "glory hole" meant and kept using it in the wrong way.
You guys are making me sick. You abused an elderly person making him USING THE GLORY HOLE THE WRONG WAY. What?

But yea, she's got lots of both good art and "good" art
eyebrow-anime.gif

Pejo

This was pretty cool, to see the process for good quality digital art. I was surprised how iterative it is. Going over the same parts over and over. I think if I had the talent to actually do this, I would get stuck iterating through it over and over and over and over. It'd be tough to be satisfied and just stop.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
This was pretty cool, to see the process for good quality digital art. I was surprised how iterative it is.
That's just the nature of digital art, the fact that you have access to an "undo button" and can put everything in several layers, makes most of these "process videos" look exactly the same. On paper there's only so much you can erase until you start affecting the paper, or wind up with vague imprints that can't be erased.

Pejo

So I asked this a few months ago but I don't think people were caught up/bored enough at the time to think about it. Now that we ain't got shit to do, asking again.

Anybody figure out a way to get into the hidden area underneath Grand Narukami Shrine? It's the entire way at the base of the mountain, and you can see it from a grate in this location (it's actually on the base level of the ground, not on the side of the mountain, the map marker is a little off since it's zoomed in for this picture):
hXpfNPb.png

You can also see the area from the very top of the underground area where fought the last fight in the Kazari questline. It's towards the northern wall way up in the top corner.

It's obvious we should be able to get in there, but I'm wondering if it's for a later quest in the game that isn't unlocked yet or something that happens at Sakura Tree lv 50 or something.

Pejo

I can only remember one grate and you can open it from the other side. Is it on water?
No it's on land, it literally goes under the mountain, not parallel to it or towards the sea. You can see the chamber from both sides and it looks fairly big. I'll see if I can grab a shot of the grate on mobile.

*edit*

JmAUGpU.png

FcxMASV.png

I was going to try to get the other side from underground but it's almost impossible to jump up there on touchscreen.

Last edited:

Pejo

And no one bugged it out and explored it? Seems unlikely.
You can try ask on reddit.
I am guessing it's either going to be a sakura tree unlock or maybe Yae's story quest or something like that. The placement is pretty much directly below the shrine proper, just way the fuck down there.

I found that grate too at the time after you mentioned it, Pejo Pejo , but I've no clue what it's there for and as far as I know there's no access to it. Doesn't Raiden Shogun's character quest take place inside that mountain too? Maybe there's some connection there.

Fake

No it's on land, it literally goes under the mountain, not parallel to it or towards the sea. You can see the chamber from both sides and it looks fairly big. I'll see if I can grab a shot of the grate on mobile.

*edit*

JmAUGpU.png

FcxMASV.png

I was going to try to get the other side from underground but it's almost impossible to jump up there on touchscreen.

I guess is a key if I remember right.

Last edited:
Top Bottom