• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

S99hJcj.png
Tweets don't translate into sales. I think Kazuha was trending on Twitter too back then. Look at what happened with his banner. I'm guessing it's mostly women and furries who stick around on Twitter.

About Zhongli, those 4 characters you see there are most likely going to be the strongest Geo team.

My bad I meant 120 wishes lol. I've around 19k primogems.
Even then it's probably not enough unless you happen to have guaranteed pity.

SSfox

Well, crisis averted.

Don't pull on his weapon banner too. He should get another free 4☆ sword during his new event.

Do you have his previous 4☆ sword?

4_festering_desire.jpg
Not it was before I got in the game haha. But yeah I know about the upcoming weapon event, excited for this!!!

Tweets don't translate into sales. I think Kazuha was trending on Twitter too back then. Look at what happened with his banner. I'm guessing it's mostly women and furries who stick around on Twitter.

About Zhongli, those 4 characters you see there are most likely going to be the strongest Geo team.

Even then it's probably not enough unless you happen to have guaranteed pity.
Yeah maybe not day one but i should be able to hit 180 wishes from now to the last day of his banner, at least I plan and hope so haha

SSfox

You've got a pretty good chance at getting him then, do you know if you're on the "guaranteed" or 50/50 pull on the limited banner?
I'm 50/50, precisely 10/90. I was guarantee just 2 weeks ago (33/90 100%) and was saving it for Albedo since a while, but my Ultra lucky Legendary pulls of 3 Homa in one 10 wishes fucked up all my initial plan lol, and i so i pulled for Hu Tao got her that i wasn't planning to go for, tho still happy i pulled her she quite great and fun, as long as i got Albedo i'm good, and i'll try to get Xiao after this (Rumoured to be around January/February).

BlackM1st

Banned
Well, I'm already more hyped for 2.4 than I am for 2.3.

i0wew30js0z71.jpg

tnrk92jvy0z71.png

Let's go, boys.

the little mermaid sebastian GIF by Disney
Finally. Content!

Can easily skip all potential future banners too. Don't know what takes em so long for Yae or another Cocogoat like "Press A for Awesome" hero, but my primogems feels safe and I can't complain.

YukiOnna

I think it's hilarious if Enkanomiya comes before Chasm.

But they made me so sick of Liyue with all the friendly reminders about its existence that I'm cool with it.

Shenhe + Yunjin with either a Xiao or Ganyu (possibly both?) rerun would be a weird fit for Enkanomiya though, wouldn't it? 2.4 will also be the Lunar New Year patch, so you'd expect more focus on Liyue. Not gonna complain though.

BlackM1st

Banned
I think it's hilarious if Enkanomiya comes before Chasm.

But they made me so sick of Liyue with all the friendly reminders about its existence that I'm cool with it.
Just you wait, they will explain to you that the Great White Snake was of Liyue origins and was defeated by our favorite Lord of Geo! Bonus points for some secret underwater passage to Liyue/the Chasm.

Jokes aside I think that the Snake God story is kinda fascinating and has an immense potential for some dark shenannigans. Dagon anyone???

Kokomi's final form:
7.jpg

Church.jpg

Unfortunately I doubt that we will get anything like that. By the looks of it we already had our "Dagon moment". It ended with us throwing a freaking flying palace on its head/s.

osial-genshin.gif

Still the closest thing we had to having a proper God slayer event. Now days we just read about such stuff lmao

Pejo

Just you wait, they will explain to you that the Great White Snake was of Liyue origins and was defeated by our favorite Lord of Geo! Bonus points for some secret underwater passage to Liyue/the Chasm.

Jokes aside I think that the Snake God story is kinda fascinating and has an immense potential for some dark shenannigans. Dagon anyone???

Kokomi's final form:
7.jpg

Church.jpg

Unfortunately I doubt that we will get anything like that. By the looks of it we already had our "Dagon moment". It ended with us throwing a freaking flying palace on its head/s.

osial-genshin.gif

Still the closest thing we had to having a proper God slayer event. Now days we just read about such stuff lmao
The lore is actually really good for the Snake god. There were originally 2 of them.

There's good evidence in various flavor text for items/weapons/artifacts that Celestia is the one that "forced" the dead snake to come up and encroach on Shogun's domain, causing it to get sliced up. The entire island of Watatsumi is actually made of coral and various sealife/materials, created by the snake god that came up above water to give the people a place to live. That's why they're constantly out of supplies and having problems growing produce etc, since it's not really an island. That's also why there are so many researchers there, and it ties into the quest of going around to bless the shrine because eventually without intervention, the entire island is going to fall apart or become a wasteland.

I'm really excited to see what happens with the remaining supposedly alive snake god.

YukiOnna

The lore is actually really good for the Snake god. There were originally 2 of them.

There's good evidence in various flavor text for items/weapons/artifacts that Celestia is the one that "forced" the dead snake to come up and encroach on Shogun's domain, causing it to get sliced up. The entire island of Watatsumi is actually made of coral and various sealife/materials, created by the snake god that came up above water to give the people a place to live. That's why they're constantly out of supplies and having problems growing produce etc, since it's not really an island. That's also why there are so many researchers there, and it ties into the quest of going around to bless the shrine because eventually without intervention, the entire island is going to fall apart or become a wasteland.

I'm really excited to see what happens with the remaining supposedly alive snake god.
I forget but is the one alive supposed to be hostile?

Pejo

That's just his skin iirc
Nah one of the in game books state that it was mostly coral, but there are probably pieces of his biological body mixed in to some degree.
I forget but is the one alive supposed to be hostile?
I don't know if it mentioned it. I'll see if I can find the name of the book with the majority of the lore. It can be found in that little village after finishing Act 3 of the Inazuma archon quest. It's by one of the houses on a box.

*edit*

Here it is: https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/A_Preliminary_Study_of_Sangonomiya_Folk_Belief

BlackM1st BlackM1st we were both kinda right. It's coral but it's broken off of his body.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Nah one of the in game books state that it was mostly coral.

s_i_780.png

And it was also because the serpent god now had people who worshiped it that it stayed in the world it should have long fled, breaking off the coral branches that adorned its body, treading upon land where it should not have, and facing a foe it could never hope to match — till at last, its divine form was sundered along with the mountains, its ichor turned into plasma, and its will and power became a curse that could never be extinguished: Tatarigami.

He was a hardcore God.

Pejo

Wow, so apparently banner shifts are happening for the first time since the game released. New banners will have Albedo/Eula running concurrently. This has been verified by a few leakers.

FD-CpOvUUAIE6B1

FD-Cl5ZVUAAYCOg

BlackM1st

Banned
Wow, so apparently banner shifts are happening for the first time since the game released. New banners will have Albedo/Eula running concurrently. This has been verified by a few leakers.

FD-CpOvUUAIE6B1

FD-Cl5ZVUAAYCOg

Oh no, they will ran out of re-runs faster now...

Family Guy GIF

BlackM1st

Banned
This is confusing as fuck.
I think it's a pretty fair and easy to understand banners.

Say you're on guarantee and at 60 pity.

Pull x10 on either EULA or Albedo banner and you will get your limited 5☆ hero.

After that pity and 50/50 resets for both banners.

Same as normal limited banner.

It's just these 2 banners share pity counter. What's good is that unlike weapon's banner you don't have 2 5☆ on 1 banner.

SSfox

Damn Eula already, Unexpected, i was thinking to pull her once i get Albedo, Xiao and Z, but now with this definitely gonna have to skip her haha.

I think this new system is good, will make reruns coming faster.

Last edited:

Pejo

Interesting, so Albedo seems to be the villain this time around. Building a snowman with Amber. 10/10 patch.

This trailer basically gives you all that you need without the cringe.

*edit*

If you want the cringe, here's the YouTube version of the Special Program:

Last edited:

Pejo

So just watched the whole special program. It was a little goofy, but within the realm of an actual decent presentation. No over-giggly stuff for the most part.

2.3 looks pretty good from my standpoint. More Eula/Amber in the story, Eula rerun out of nowhere (probably going to aim for some Constellations). Misty Dungeon and Energy Amplifier were two of my favorite combat events, so I'm happy they're returning. I mostly only like the enemy camp raiding portion of the amplifier events, but it's still a good time. Dog event looks like a fun little side event, and afterwards we can put all kinds of pets in our teapots. I also like Dragonspine as an area and there's a lot of potential lore to explore there, so I'm glad we're going back.

I'm still not sold on Itto, but I'll try him out a bit in his trial. He seems more ungabunga than Diluc even, where I usually like the more mechanically complex characters. Geo also doesn't really have any exciting reactions, so running 4x Geo just to get the most out of it is not that appealing to me.

The VAs did a good job this time, and other than the "good doggo" redditspeak, were enjoyable enough to listen to. I even cracked a smile when they tried to do their Paimon voices.

Best presentation in a while, and some genuine surprises for me.

Pejo

You know that meme of the guy checking out the girl despite being with his GF? That just happened to me with Hu Tao/Eula.
Real talk, I actually really like Hu Tao as a character. She has one of the best personalities in the game, interesting lore, nice design etc. But actually playing her and managing HP at just the right level is just so annoying, she just seems like no fun to play in like 90% of the content that isn't just "kill a boss as fast as you can". Even though MHY loves their timed battle content, it's still overall a smaller part of the game than overworld shenanigans and series of small battles.

YukiOnna

Real talk, I actually really like Hu Tao as a character. She has one of the best personalities in the game, interesting lore, nice design etc. But actually playing her and managing HP at just the right level is just so annoying, she just seems like no fun to play in like 90% of the content that isn't just "kill a boss as fast as you can". Even though MHY loves their timed battle content, it's still overall a smaller part of the game than overworld shenanigans and series of small battles.
Even though enmity characters are fun in other games, it's kind of a pain to manage in this game due to how you build a character. I thought she'd be more manageable with ZL's shield, but it's still a bit of a problem. But yeah, I love her character and energy. Her character story is also pretty good.

Also, are we getting Albedo and Eula character stories for the update?

Pejo

Even though enmity characters are fun in other games, it's kind of a pain to manage in this game due to how you build a character. I thought she'd be more manageable with ZL's shield, but it's still a bit of a problem. But yeah, I love her character and energy. Her character story is also pretty good.

Also, are we getting Albedo and Eula character stories for the update?
The other problem is with how HP and healing specifically works in this game, healing almost always overheals. So even if you use shitty healing characters, getting it to stop around or before 50% is almost impossible. So then you're stuck with shield characters, but like you said, even then it's not ideal. It just seems no fun to play her while running around doing quests/exploring. Vs. bosses and abyss? Sure that's fine because she kills everything in a few seconds anyways.

No mention of story quests other than hangouts this time.

Last edited:

Pejo

Here's the article explaining the dual banners

*edit*

Hey R Reizo Ryuu

3kyorjuhv5z71.png

oh SHIT. There's some discourse on if it's Jan 4th or April 1st (April fool's day), but I doubt they would announce something like this 5 months out. Looks like maybe a Star Rail collab SP battlesuit. Crossing my fingers.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Hey R Reizo Ryuu

3kyorjuhv5z71.png

oh SHIT. There's some discourse on if it's Jan 4th or April 1st (April fool's day), but I doubt they would announce something like this 5 months out. Looks like maybe a Star Rail collab SP battlesuit. Crossing my fingers.
That's dope, her attacks, like the others from honkai, in star rail looked great too.
Even if it turns out to be SP, they have to make her stronger than her current suits, otherwise it's just a bit pointless imo; not some silly fire support either, she has to be at least as usable as Gloria.

YukiOnna

Ended up reading about the entire thing and shit's crazy. Didn't know there's a sealed living dragon under Enkanomiya. Kind of makes me wish the next "saga" is the story from the other twins side when everything was active.

Top Bottom