• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

fersnake

sedDYmd.png

Tart get! Took me 4 rolls and all my saved primos (and a few purchased wishes with starglitter), but got him. Also got 2 Diona and a Beidou.

I really like his gameplay in the trial stage, it'll be a long ass time until I can use him in regular content at WL5, but I'm super pumped.

Used those Geoculus locators to get the last 2 Geoculi I needed, and holy SHIT that fight at the end of the quest was something. I was mostly fine until the last phase of the hunter and that stone protected by the wind tunnel, but I got my shit pushed in at that part, 2/4 characters died, but I pulled out the win in the end.

Bounty system is kinda cool, I was surprised at the difficulty, it was actually pretty challenging, and especially since they can be immune to your best characters' damage type.

They added "viewpoints" in, seemingly as just a way to make you waste more time going back through all the zones again to get 100% completion. I'm not mad about it, but they could have put more effort in than just touching an icon.

Digging the patch so far! I'm not gonna touch story stuff yet though, just taking my time now that I have actual content to do again.

im not sure if i want childe, i really want to save my primos for Xiao (just because he has the voice of Kirito) xD

BJK

Spent the vast majority of my 9k gems as a f2p, and I now have a Childe to raise. Hit on my very first 5* somewhere between 70 & 80. Real glad to know about the soft pity system, since it saved me a few single pulls.
(If by raise, I mean get up past Lv. 60 so he's usable...I still have a bunch of purple xp books left, since I was planning for pity.)

Ideal campaign party: Childe (C0), Barbara (C4), Fischl (will be C1 in a few weeks), Xiangling (C1). Fischl has a Lv. 70 Favonius Warbow; I need to figure out which 4* bow would be the best to pick up and raise to make the best combination. Having a main party without the main character is going to be an eventual adjustment; need to get weapons and artifacts ready first, though.

Already about half-way to another pity party, since I made 4x10 draws after getting Childe. Also picked up my first Bidou, Diora (C2), and went from C0 to C4 on Ningguang (2 sets of paired draws; not complaining), who I'd really love to "max out" down the line, for Abyss purposes. (Haven't spent anything in the game thus far, but potentially willing to buy the battle pass this time around, since I've put a decent amount of time in.)

Didn't have time to do much beyond draws, dailies, & spending my stored resin tonight; will have to engage more with the bounties and pick up the story in the next few days.

Pejo

Lol holy shit. If you guys have been noticing you're losing a lot of health out of nowhere since the patch dropped, apparently MiHoYo changed the environmental damage to scale with world level. I was running some leylines with Diluc earlier and was wondering why the hell I was almost dead each time. Check this out:

This is also scaling up huge from being in water and using electric and/or cryo and causing your own characters to take huge damage.

Hopefully this is a decimal place fuckup by MHY or something, it's pretty shit, at least in WL5.

Also, 2 new codes for primos

GENSHIN1111
GENSHINGIFT

Redeemed here: https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/gift

The damage increase seems reasonable, tbh. It SEEMS much worse because it was absolutely minisicule previously.

That said, they've already issues a Notice that they're looking into changing it again. But it was intentional.

With regard to this design choice, our initial intention was to increase the effect that the environment has on combat and to encourage Travelers to use different strategies in response to these different combat scenarios.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
The damage increase seems reasonable, tbh. It SEEMS much worse because it was absolutely minisicule previously.

If I understand, theres no particular reason to increase these factors since the player is the mainly the target for this enviroment damage.
Just so you understand, burning grass is extremelly common. Flame slimes are very common(100% chance on Mora resin challenge) and that Big Axe hilicurl as well and they both easly burns any grass near them. Flame slimes are naturally immune to burn and Big Axe hilicurl are immune to his own burning grass effect, meaning that the player is the one who gonna suffers.

To make matters worse, this will probably effect how the player gonna deal with how they use elements to counter enemies, specially with fire. For instance, defeating Plant slime is a easy task with Fire element characters since as soon it starts to burn, the plant slime leaves the ground and starts to panic, leaving more burning grass in the process. Guess whos gonna suffer more with burning grass?

If I understand, theres no particular reason to increase these factors since the player is the mainly the target for this enviroment damage.
Just so you understand, burning grass is extremelly common. Flame slimes are very common(100% chance on Mora resin challenge) and that Big Axe hilicurl as well and they both easly burns any grass near them. Flame slimes are naturally immune to burn and Big Axe hilicurl are immune to his own burning grass effect, meaning that the player is the one who gonna suffers.

To make matters worse, this will probably effect how the player gonna deal with how they use elements to counter enemies, specially with fire. For instance, defeating Plant slime is a easy task with Fire element characters since as soon it starts to burn, the plant slime leaves the ground and starts to panic, leaving more burning grass in the process. Guess whos gonna suffer more with burning grass?
You do realize they've given out a FREE WATER HEALER that mitigates the problem of burning grass, right? Scratch that, they've given her out TWICE now. Press E and fire begone, as well as some Vaporize reactions against those pesky fire enemies. I don't have Mona but I assume she's even better for that.

I guess it'll be a little rougher going for brand new players adventuring in grass until they get that free Barbara, but reacting to the elements is the entire point of the combat system. If you're going to fight fire, bring water.

MagnesG

Banned
Klee basically got nerfed with the update, less solo Klee now in the overworld.

At least make her somewhat immune or 90% resistance or something.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Wow, they finally let me see artifacts attributes before sacrificing them to level up other artifacts. Nice work, this totally gonna help me filtrate the trash ones.

Also I change the button configurations too. Gonna take a time to get used, but I already feel better.

You do realize they've given out a FREE WATER HEALER that mitigates the problem of burning grass, right?

Lol, relax dude. Enought with the caps lock.
I already have Barbara(gonna be my 3rd time leving up her constelation thanks this free giving) on my team and shes level 70 and yes shes a healer (duh). But this doesn't mean I bring her in every battle. Shes a part of one of my teams and I use her mainly to deal with fire slimes and electro reactions.
In what part this dimish any effect of enviromental changes? Are you saying that in order to counter this I have to bring her to my team 100% of the time?
And again, this doesn't change the fact that enviromental damage gonna be worse for the player not to the monster. You still gonna have doubts about using fire element characters against plant slimes for instances. And we're just touching the point of fire reaction, this enviromental tackles every single reaction(not to mention skill recharge)...so yeah, Barbara is great I aways use her in conjuction with Fishzl but the worries remain Lol

Last edited:

Pejo

You do realize they've given out a FREE WATER HEALER that mitigates the problem of burning grass, right? Scratch that, they've given her out TWICE now. Press E and fire begone, as well as some Vaporize reactions against those pesky fire enemies. I don't have Mona but I assume she's even better for that.

I guess it'll be a little rougher going for brand new players adventuring in grass until they get that free Barbara, but reacting to the elements is the entire point of the combat system. If you're going to fight fire, bring water.
Like Saber Saber mentioned, you don't want to have to have Barbara in every party just to put out fire. Plus you have the fact that like Dendro shield hilichurls exist only in grass areas, so you actually want/need fire effects there, but you're gonna murder your character just waiting around for that damn shield to burn.

Also, not as many people complaining about this yet, but these effects are just as deadly for Electro characters standing in water. So good luck at Oceanid with these change unless you're strictly using Geo/Cryo. It was just a poor decision by devs all around. I don't think anybody was complaining about environmental damage not being high enough before.

crumbs

You can't use 1-2 charge atk combo anymore using Klee if you're standing on grasses. I'm not kidding I got 89 x 3 per second dmg when I'm just charging atk.

This is a bummer, Klee is my only 5 star. I image this would also suck for Diluc users since he's right in the middle of things when using his burst.

Last edited:

Pejo

I just read :
Genshin Impact |OT| Legend of Gacha: The Wank Waker

Damn dumb brain
jm5or31rhky51.jpg

Meh the free Fischl event will be a co-op event
Yea it's supposedly the crucible, but not. So think of something along those lines. Shouldn't take too much effort to get Fischl.

Any of you guys use the condensed resin yet? I'm wondering how many more rewards you get, but I don't want to be the first one to test it, lol.

Glad to see that they're fixing it so quickly. I think it should maybe be about a 3rd as much damage as it currently does to stand in fire or whatever, should not be able to harm your character when using their abilities (Such as the Fischl example), and should cause no damage whatsoever if the element matches your character. Klee shouldn't burn standing in fire, Razor shouldn't be be electrocuted in water, etc.

Alternatively, they could make all the changes above, don't change the damage level of sitting in fire or whatever, but do change how long it takes before you start taking that damage. I should be able to run into fire and trigger an elemental attack without getting burned, as long as I don't just stand there afterward.

Fake

My friends using Playstation, you can redem codes inside the game now. No need to go on the site and get refused because PS4/PS5 don't have options to choise the server before redem the code.

Press the 'option' button, go to settings and in the 'account' put 'redem code'.

BlackM1st

Banned
I will never be tired of updates that no one tested lmao. Happened to all games I can remember.

Sometimes I think that devs don't play their own games and just look at spreadsheets with numbers.

Fake

Now they could buff electro reaction with water to make you feel when Quake you use the Thunderbolt gun inside the the water.

Pejo

Glad to see that they're fixing it so quickly. I think it should maybe be about a 3rd as much damage as it currently does to stand in fire or whatever, should not be able to harm your character when using their abilities (Such as the Fischl example), and should cause no damage whatsoever if the element matches your character. Klee shouldn't burn standing in fire, Razor shouldn't be be electrocuted in water, etc.

Alternatively, they could make all the changes above, don't change the damage level of sitting in fire or whatever, but do change how long it takes before you start taking that damage. I should be able to run into fire and trigger an elemental attack without getting burned, as long as I don't just stand there afterward.
Honestly, with the inflated HP pools, the increased damage only really hurts players. 300 damage per tick on a 10,000 HP Klee hurts a lot more than 300 per tick on a 24k hilichurl. I hope they just change it back, I didn't have any problems with how it used to work.

LOLCats

Banned
Lol was just getting ready to post this. Also look at this gem. Fischl got screwed in this mess too. Summoning Oz now in fire instantly overloads her and blows her up:

she died last night real fast i didnt understand lol... i was stoned... nowwww i know what happened.

LOLCats

Banned
My friends using Playstation, you can redem codes inside the game now. No need to go on the site and get refused because PS4/PS5 don't have options to choise the server before redem the code.

Press the 'option' button, go to settings and in the 'account' put 'redem code'.
brooooo.... rad... gonna try those codes!

Saber

Gold Member
Lol was just getting ready to post this. Also look at this gem. Fischl got screwed in this mess too. Summoning Oz now in fire instantly overloads her and blows her up:

Thank god I didn't experience this yet. This gonna take the patience of many I presume.

Its good that they're gonna take measures soon. It means they're taking feedback seriously(Im pretty happy with the artifact details on level for instance).

I can't even imagine how those Ley line challenges are right now.

Does anyone risk to test the Ley line challenges that applies fire effect? Gonna guess this one currently is pure cancer.

Pejo

Thank god I didn't experience this yet. This gonna take the patience of many I presume.

Its good that they're gonna take measures soon. It means they're taking feedback seriously(Im pretty happy with the artifact details on level for instance).

I can't even imagine how those Ley line challenges are right now.

Does anyone risk to test the Ley line challenges that applies fire effect? Gonna guess this one currently is pure cancer.
It wasn't too bad with my usual team, but I certainly don't like the changes. The worst for me has been the Oceanid boss. I used to use Razor/Amber/Lisa/Barb for that fight and now both Lisa and Razor (my main dps) are liabilities.

where do you watch for the new codes, do they post them on Twitter?
I just see them on Reddit, but I'm assuming they're given out during livestreams or on social media or something. There's also a page on one of the wikis that track them:

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah my Fish was getting damaged out of nowhere yesterday and I was thinking they fucked something up.

SPEAKING OF FISH

Where is free Fish?

Pejo

Yeah my Fish was getting damaged out of nowhere yesterday and I was thinking they fucked something up.

SPEAKING OF FISH

Where is free Fish?
Comes with the next co-op event. I think it starts next week, likely after the 7 day login event ends.

So I was playing around with my woefully under-leveled Childe, and he works really well in a Geo team of all things. I'm running Childe/Ning/Xiangling/Noelle and i'm actually able to do some of the easier kill quest dailies with that team in WL5 despite them all being between level 20-40. The bonus attack while he's shielded is great, I only worry a bit if Noelle can keep up with heals since she doesn't have an emergency big heal like Qiqi or Barb. The constant shields being shat out by Ning/Noelle makes it not such a big deal, (yet). Really wish I'd have gone for Noelle's C6 last banner if I'm going to be using her.

I get this general feeling with Childe that no matter how much I want to make him my "carry" main DPS in a team, he's always gonna be more of a secondary DPS role, but we'll see. I have a long way to go to level him up and gear him, so maybe it's just low numbers for now making me feel that way. Nice thing is that Ning can definitely be main DPS with no issues, or when fighting unfavorable things like water monsters.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Daily reminder Childe is a monster and he is the weakest of the harbingers of the thot.

Haha Mihoyo weren't expecting the backlash on making Diluc and Klee self-immolate if they fight in the open world which is 90%+ grass covered. They are already backtracking on this, thank God. Trying to use my Klee in the open world yesterday was a suicide bombing expedition.

Edit: Oh yeah I blew myself up as Fischl last night too. Oz popped out and I instantly exploded. That was a real treat. I think Oz needs some punishment, we know he likes it when Fischl abuses him.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I'm ok with Klee killing herself. Makes it more realistic to irl IRA members.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Lol holy shit. If you guys have been noticing you're losing a lot of health out of nowhere since the patch dropped, apparently MiHoYo changed the environmental damage to scale with world level. I was running some leylines with Diluc earlier and was wondering why the hell I was almost dead each time. Check this out:

This is also scaling up huge from being in water and using electric and/or cryo and causing your own characters to take huge damage.

Hopefully this is a decimal place fuckup by MHY or something, it's pretty shit, at least in WL5.

Also, 2 new codes for primos

GENSHIN1111
GENSHINGIFT

Redeemed here: https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/gift
I noticed that today as well! Set some grass on fire and during the fight lost about 90% of my health....sad times.

Thanks for posting the codes btw!!

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
ACKSHWALLLY, the lore says he's one of the strongest fighters, just that he's a relatively new member and known for doing whatever he feels like, so he's lower ranking.
Impossible he got beat so bad he had to cheat and even then a twink/midget beat him.

I wonder how strong ice mommy is gonna be?

Pejo

Impossible he got beat so bad he had to cheat and even then a twink/midget beat him.

I wonder how strong ice mommy is gonna be?
She's supposed to be 7th or 8th on the pecking order, (if you mean Signora). The actual head Ice mommy hasn't been revealed yet but hopefully will be DD tier.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
She's supposed to be 7th or 8th on the pecking order, (if you mean Signora). The actual head Ice mommy hasn't been revealed yet but hopefully will be DD tier.
Yes. The main thot is supposed to also be an ice character although she might be a dual elemental considering we now know people can be multiple elements now. (Before it was just implied the twins were the only ones that could change) Isn't the brother like 2 on the Harbingers? I'm also hoping she is full figured and not a damn loli.

Top Bottom