• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

SSfox

Can't wait for fucking Sumeru
2rxmSJ7.jpg

Pejo

I have to admit, this is a pretty hype trailer. Looks like we're getting info on the Yaksha that was lost down in the Chasm and more traveler info/back story. Also it looks like we're going to have a full band's worth of instruments by the end of the year. Now we need a BASS.

Finally got my Shenhe to 10/10/10 talents and now she hits like an al dente noodle instead of a wet one. Man I wish she had her own imbue instead of requiring Chongus.

crumbs

I have to admit, this is a pretty hype trailer. Looks like we're getting info on the Yaksha that was lost down in the Chasm and more traveler info/back story. Also it looks like we're going to have a full band's worth of instruments by the end of the year. Now we need a BASS.

Looks good. Main concerns are:

- How they integrate Itto's goofy ass into a serious Chasm storyline
- Dealing with my complete lack of rhythm while trying to complete this drum event

Asher17

Neo Member
Remember to disregard nuance and only talk in extremes, again thanks for explaining your vote.
First of all, I'm mostly joking. Second, the only response you gave me were 2 posts of "no u." Where's your nuance? You also mentioned literally zero reasoning for your ranking of Aloy at all, let alone nuance. If you're going to make a contrarian post with no explanation other that little devil smiles, expect some back and forth.

Aloy is a creation of the "women can be men too" mentality and displays zero feminine energy, which I don't consider to be a positive example. Not to mention the male characters in Genshin are made to appeal to women, and the female characters are made to appearl to men (Loli's aside...I hope). If Aloy had short hair she would be more masculine than Xingqiu and Venti.

Aloy's source material is the creation of a woke mind, that seems to think that fictional video game women need to be "protected." It's a mentality that needs to be criticized, as far as I'm concerned.

Edit: typo

Last edited:

Pejo

Looks good. Main concerns are:

- How they integrate Itto's goofy ass into a serious Chasm storyline
- Dealing with my complete lack of rhythm while trying to complete this drum event
For as much as I didn't really care for Itto's design changes (from the beta screenshot to what we got) and his kit, I actually like his character bits and he probably has one of the best EN dubs in the game. His story quest already showed us that he can get serious when he has to. I don't think that part will be too bad. I think he's there for that new domain battle event anyways, not the traveler story. The serious part will have manlet Xiao as the featured character, looks like.

I like that it looks like we can edit our own charts into the game for the drum beats. That'd actually be amazing. I don't know if any of you used to play Lord of the Rings Online, but you could do similar stuff there where you basically "program" songs and then you can actually have a whole band play songs together. It was a fun little thing and it'd be a lot more fun for me personally than trying to play notes with other characters considering the multiplayer lag and complex inputs to play music the current way.

Get ready for the most mindblowing midi from a 2000s MMO ever:

• Strength
Reactions: Fuz

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
I have to admit, this is a pretty hype trailer.
sounds/looks good, I liked the transition between yelan's funky castlevania bgm, to kuki's modern infused japanese woodwind.
That kinda makes me think that it's a shame you never get to hear these tracks in-game really, a feature where you could set the battle bgms (static, per character, random) could be a nice way not to make these tracks go to waste.

I checked them out in other languages, and feel like the JPN version is the weakest this time around, EN yelan and KR kuki sound the best to me, CN just nice all around(timestamped).

*insane rambling*
Cool bro (y)

Pejo

That kinda makes me think that it's a shame you never get to hear these tracks in-game really, a feature where you could set the battle bgms (static, per character, random) could be a nice way not to make these tracks go to waste.
Honkai is the god damn poster child for this problem.
Trailer/promo music:

In game battle music:

Their priorities are messed up. After a new patch drops and I do the story bits, I actually turn the music off and just listen to my own music in the background because their in-game stuff is so bad.

*edit*

Sheesh, get a room you two.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned

Finally got my Shenhe to 10/10/10 talents and now she hits like an al dente noodle instead of a wet one. Man I wish she had her own imbue instead of requiring Chongus.

Oh wow, the sibling meet.

Get ready for some extremely vague statements about nothing! So hyped!

Oh and we get bonghetti! I'm ready to make dreads and go to Parco Sempione and play them!

Last edited:

Pejo

Oh wow, the sibling meet.

Get ready for some etremely vague statements about nothing! So hyped!
I don't think they really meet anyways. It seems to be framed that he's either looking at an illusion or a scene from the past.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Their priorities are messed up. After a new patch drops and I do the story bits, I actually turn the music off and just listen to my own music in the background because their in-game stuff is so bad.
Yeah I think with honkai it might've been growing pains, because the earlier tracks tend to be worse than the newer ones (they all have this generic jrock vibe to them, it wasn't until sakura samsara that we got much much better woodwind/edm bgm tracks), but also I don't think miyoho cares to make general loopable tracks anymore, because it seems like it's the same ~10 tracks that play in (non-story/event)missions since 2016, and they keep the boss fight music exclusive to those chapters...

Maybe we should start putting a jukebox/bgm change feature like payday 2 in the surveys lol

Fake

One of the best perks of not playing Genshin last fall was that I was able to avoid Aloy cluttering up my character roster.

Believe you or not, my Aloy email still there waiting for be open.
Now is remaing less than 100 days to over. Thank the Barbatos.

edit: Lets not fight each other in the thread.
There is no PvP in this game yet.

Last edited:

Pejo

So hows the banner character distributions?
Yelan/Xiao in phase one, two banners. 2nd phase will only have Itto with Shinobu as one of the 4*s on his banner.

The 4*s in Yelan/Xiao were leaked to be Xiangling/Barbie/Noelle, if I recall.

*edit*

It was Yanfei instead of Xiangling as crumbs crumbs mentioned below.

Last edited:

crumbs

So hows the banner character distributions?
The leaks were:

First phase: Yelan or Xiao + Noelle, Barbara, & Yanfei (4 stars the same on both banners)

Second Phase: Itto + Shinobu + TBD 4 star + TBD 4 star

Edited for clarity on the Xiao and Yelan banner setup.

Last edited:
My impressions:

The characters are okay. Yelan is apparently a master of disguise. Why though? She can turn invisible. This ability to disguise is not reflected in her kit either. I don't care about her ties to Liyue's government, and her gambling/dice theme doesn't seem to fit her at all. She's probably gonna be a broken support so I'll probably grab her anyway, but I don't think she was well thought-out.

Shinobu is cool but I'm not getting her anytime soon. It would make more sense if she had some kind of synergy with Itto since they're in the same gang, but nope, let's pair him up with a completely unrelated furry from Kokomisland. I wish they would keep that continuity in mind for their characters.

Not too thrilled about going back to the Chasm again. Caves and mines are just not that interesting. Enkanomiya was a dark underground area as well, even if it was quite different, so there's some saturation going on for me. I don't really care about the Yaksha because they're from Liyueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. It's real awkward to me that they keep flip-flopping between the different regions in terms of characters, events, story stuff etc.

The events seem fine. Kinda standard fare.

Overall a decent patch, which feels a bit simplistic and barren since we had to wait another month for it.

Saber

Gold Member
Why not? What have you been spending your primogems on?

The guy lost his pity and suddenly got Ayaka.

Me on the other hand got a very bad luck streak. Like, no characters or good weapons at all. Got a feel that if I pull for this banner they gonna give me Yelan. Problem is that I don't want her, but want the characters in the banner(Yanfei and Noelle. Not Barbara, because my Barbara have full constelation already).

Dregnel

i'll try my 50% with yelan if i don't get her i will wait until 3.0, we have around 13 weeks.
if TeriTeri is the archon i must save.
and about Kuki i won't risk my pity with that pervert who uses straps on his tits, Nope.

Last edited:

Pejo

My last 10 I got Ayaka. I actually spend 40 to get Sayu constelation, but I got 3 Rosaria and 1 Ayaka.

My pity is so fucked at this point.
Ah yea, it's been so long, I forgot about that.

I'm at about 30 deep into pity on my 50/50. I've budgeted enough resources to either lose a pity and still get Yelan or try for C1. If I do manage to get C1, I might buy a pack to finish her to C2, which is my real goal with her. This all is under the assumption that I like her kit and that she works similarly to waterboi.

Don't forget, leakers that knew about Dendro way early said that Yelan is going to be very strong with Dendro. Unless there's something about her that I don't see already, she's gonna be one of those characters people will be salty about missing in the future.

i'll try my 50% with yelan if i don't get her i will wait until 3.0, we have around 13 weeks.
if TeriTeri is the archon i must save.
and about Kuki i won't risk my pity with that pervert who uses straps on his tits, Nope.
Apparently the Dendro Archon's name is Nahida, the one from the 2.8 leak. Not sure if we're going to get a preview of her before 3.0, but she apparently will be on a banner in 3.1.

YKHLsXY.jpg

So it looks like the price of these 5* costumes with special effects (in USD) are $30 when released (on sale) and then $37 once the sale period ends. I'm not sure at the moment how that translates into Genesis Crystals.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
the price of these 5* costumes with special effects (in USD) are $30 when released (on sale) and then $37 once the sale period ends.
Sounds a bit more expensive than the b chips costumes in honkai; better have special effects on the level flamescion's outfit for that price.

Asher17

Neo Member
So it looks like the price of these 5* costumes with special effects (in USD) are $30 when released (on sale) and then $37 once the sale period ends. I'm not sure at the moment how that translates into Genesis Crystals.
Mihoyo continues to have no shame. If they really want to break wills and wallets though, they need to release a hoodie Morax skin.

Pejo

I'll withhold my judgement until I see the quality of the skin and the effects. $30 is pretty damn premium for a single skin though.

At that point I'd almost be happier if it was in a skin gacha since then you'd at least get some other materials/stuff on the way to the 30 dollars and have a (minuscule) chance to get it early.

30 bucks for a skin is insane. I was holding onto some premium currency (From Welkin) for a potential skin, but there's no way I'm using $30 worth of wishes on a skin instead. It's typical too. Introduce lousy skins first and then sell decent ones for more cash. Bravo MHY.

SSfox

I'm kinda tempted about Yelan but gotta skip, need that C6 Gouro and at least one Shinobu
kr6KO7Y.png

Also gotta save max primos for the upcoming Dendros
kr6KO7Y.png

Last edited:

Fake

I'm kinda temped about Yelan but gotta skip, need that C6 Gouro and at least one Shinobu
kr6KO7Y.png

Also gotta save max primos for the upcoming Dendros
kr6KO7Y.png

Still a long wait to dendro, taking into consideration there will be no more delays foward.

SSfox

Still a long wait to dendro, taking into consideration there will be no more delays foward.
Yeah forgot to say but i plan to get Kazuha, his materials, weapon and artefacts are already ready, just waiting for him
kr6KO7Y.png

Of course unless unexpected thing happen, like getting accidentally an Itto while pulling for Gouro and Shinobu
kr6KO7Y.png

But as it is now i only plan for Kazuha before Sumeru
FbMpI6M.jpg

EDIT: i was considering trying 50/50 on Xiao but the banner is pretty EHhhh, Noelle already have her on C6, Barbara and Yanfei have both on C4 and don't use them much rn so don't really need constellations for both
PEwMXMy.jpg

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Yeah forgot to say but i plan to get Kazuha, his materials, weapon and artefacts are already ready, just waiting for him
kr6KO7Y.png

Of course unless unexpected thing happen, like getting accidentally an Itto while pulling for Gouro and Shinobu
kr6KO7Y.png

But as it is now i only plan for Kazuha before Sumeru
FbMpI6M.jpg

EDIT: i was considering trying 50/50 on Xiao but the banner is pretty EHhhh, Noelle already have her on C6, Barbara and Yanfei have both on C4 and don't use them much rn so don't really need constellations for both
PEwMXMy.jpg

Kaede is totally worth the wait and primo collecting imo. Damn great character, I'm even planning to try risk get one constelation on him.

Btw you should ask the mod about the possibility of converting those pics into a reactions.

Last edited:

SSfox

Kaede is totally worth the wait and primo collecting imo. Damn great character, I'm even planning to try risk get one constelation on him.

Btw you should ask the mod about the possibility of converting those pics into a reactions.
Took me some moments to realize Kaede was Kazuho?
FbMpI6M.jpg

Yes absolutely, i may even go for C1 if i'm getting him C0 early, specially if he will have 4* characters like Heizou and others i'm interesting into C6, like Fischl or Diona

But gonna have to play it a bit safe, i feel that we're not ready for Sumeru characters
DBBvCK2.png

Yeah could be nice to add those in reactions section
FbMpI6M.jpg

Asher17

Neo Member
Saw this yesterday, kinda interesting about why the artifact slots are split the way they are. It also eludes to artifact pieces being part of the story in some way.

SJioMD0.png
That last paragraph about the prayer ceremony makes me wonder how much they're going to get into metaphysics with plot explanations, and how much is going to have a more "scientific" explanation.

Pejo

y5a95f1piw091.jpg

No new 5* in 2.8, maybe? Looks like we'll get Heizou as the only new character of the patch. If I had to guess, I'd say he'd be on the 2nd half banners with Yoimiya/Kaz. I guess they're waiting to blow their load on Sumeru in 3.0. We better get a freebie Dendro character (probably Yaoyao) and not just Dendro statue Traveler.

Top Bottom