• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Huh, so that new artifact set ended up being for Dehya anyway. That's surprising. I wonder how much that's really gonna help though.

The hydro artifact set seems a bit weird. Is it supposed to be for Childe's rerun or something? Seems somewhat generic though. Might be good to keep some for Fontaine.

Free Candace is neat. They've been giving out characters I want pretty often in the last couple of months.

The rest don't interest me. The new area might be cool but I don't want to be spoiled about that too much.

Fake

The hydro artifact set seems a bit weird. Is it supposed to be for Childe's rerun or something?

Not necessarily, but lets be honest here the actual hydro artifact Hearts of Deep is a complete shit, not to mention the dungeon you farm this artifact sucks. Is someone here used the 4-set instead of 2-set?

Now at least you can either be hydro dps or have two different 2-sets.

Saber

Gold Member
Free Candace is neat. They've been giving out characters I want pretty often in the last couple of months.

You guys knows how Candance plays? She isn't as much of a fun to play as any other. Her normal attacks are slow(good damage though), her skill has a pathetic range for a counter-attack and her burst is suitable but it didn't add anything impressive other than the splash of hydro to incentivate players to rotate characters. Also shes not viable as a permafroster since her 3rd attack counts as a heavy attack.

Not a big deal at all and I play with her, so she being free doesn't surprise me. Maybe the new artifact is for her(Child first of course).

Not necessarily, but lets be honest here the actual hydro artifact Hearts of Deep is a complete shit, not to mention the dungeon you farm this artifact sucks. Is someone here used the 4-set instead of 2-set?

Now at least you can either be hydro dps or have two different 2-sets.
Never used Heart of Depths because MHY hasn't released any cool hydro dps characters yet.

You guys knows how Candance plays? She isn't as much of a fun to play as any other. Her normal attacks are slow(good damage though), her skill has a pathetic range for a counter-attack and her burst is suitable but it didn't add anything impressive other than the splash of hydro to incentivate players to rotate characters. Also shes not viable as a permafroster since her 3rd attack counts as a heavy attack.

Not a big deal at all and I play with her, so she being free doesn't surprise me. Maybe the new artifact is for her(Child first of course).
I know she's not very good, Pejo Pejo explained that when she came out. But I like the way she looks and I don't have her yet. She's also relatively new.

deanote666

I got her act C0 and she REALLY needs her constellations to make her playable. Mine has Cyno's spear and does only a few thousand damage with her burst and elemental skill.

Pejo

The only way I've been able to have fun with her is as a worse (than Childe or Kokomi) driver for Hyperbloom/Electro Charged teams. You have to run pretty high ER though to keep her burst up as much as possible. Without it, she's crap. I heard that some people use her in Ayato and Nilou teams, but I never tried those. Favonius with Noblesse or Severed Fate seems to be the build. She seems like the kind of character that will be good when we get the Hydro melee unit that needs imbue, which I'm sure will release somewhere down the line.

So after my major mood crash last night, I tried Dehya in just about every team I could think of. Not for strength or power or to make the team better, but just where she fits and I can play her without feeling awful about it. The only team I tried that I like her in is Childe/Dehya/Beidou/Diona. She has some fun synergy with Childe (if you have him C6 at least to fix his cooldown issues), and Diona does enough healing/shielding to keep everyone generally topped off. Dehya is there to occasionally provide Pyro application for a vape. It'd probably be better if I put a VV Anemo character in there instead of Beidou to provide some shred. Probably better to have a Dendro than Diona too. Sadly, based on leaks it sounds like Baizhu would be a good fit for that team, but MHY can suck a dick.

Saber

Gold Member
So after my major mood crash last night, I tried Dehya in just about every team I could think of. Not for strength or power or to make the team better, but just where she fits and I can play her without feeling awful about it. The only team I tried that I like her in is Childe/Dehya/Beidou/Diona. She has some fun synergy with Childe (if you have him C6 at least to fix his cooldown issues), and Diona does enough healing/shielding to keep everyone generally topped off. Dehya is there to occasionally provide Pyro application for a vape. It'd probably be better if I put a VV Anemo character in there instead of Beidou to provide some shred. Probably better to have a Dendro than Diona too. Sadly, based on leaks it sounds like Baizhu would be a good fit for that team, but MHY can suck a dick.

Don't ever use her as a damage dealer and I think you should be a bit fine. Use your skill and let the adults do the job.
Also, do not burst with her. I am reading people saying that if you jump or are launched the burst cancels.

Last edited:

Pejo

Don't ever use her as a damage dealer and I think you should be a bit fine. Use your skill and let the adults do the job.
Also, do not burst with her. I am reading people saying that if you jump or are launched the burst cancels.
I've watched tons of videos already on all of the problems with her kit. I submitted an email to customer service, i plan on giving negative feedback for the eventual survey. Not like any of it is going to matter in the least. She's just awful. To not even make her skill work against shields, so she does nothing vs. the abyss enemies, just fucking gasoline on the garbage fire. That leaked artifact set doesn't even help any of the issues I have with her. Numbers aside, she is just awful to play, and a waste of a team slot.

Saber

Gold Member
I've watched tons of videos already on all of the problems with her kit. I submitted an email to customer service, i plan on giving negative feedback for the eventual survey. Not like any of it is going to matter in the least. She's just awful. To not even make her skill work against shields, so she does nothing vs. the abyss enemies, just fucking gasoline on the garbage fire. That leaked artifact set doesn't even help any of the issues I have with her. Numbers aside, she is just awful to play, and a waste of a team slot.

Maybe I am already the type to give up hope, but it would be best to simply forget about her.
I can't remember the amount of time I wasted trying everything I could to let them know Xynian is bugged. At that time I was on the positive side, so every feedback I did was precise and I gave alot of information. Like, I tried dude, I really tried...but it was just months and months of radio silence, ignoring. Then I realized that they never cared. The survey and report a bug only serves as a way to steal their players ideas and nothing more, so after that I simply gave up giving any form of feedback. Every survey I put is negative and the reason is either blank or just calling them clowns/retards. If they will earn money is probably not from my help, never.

Last edited:

crumbs

Weren't early rumors pointing to Deyha being a 4-star? Maybe the devs just decided to give her a 5-star burst animation and call it a day? I'm only half kidding :messenger_pensive:.

I can somewhat appreciate that MiHoYo tried to do something different with her kit with the damage reduction/resistance to interruption stuff, but it's not executed well (looks like players are better off with a shielder or a healer in most team comps) and should not have been included on a 5-star.

Fake

IDK what the implication for reduce her stars to 4, but would be the best scenario here.

Now, reddit have tons of Deyha meme. Of course, not a good case for MYH. Bad PR for sales. Lets see how long mods will let their community pointing Deyha as a shit 5* until got censor.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
This one made me laugh

Those are more funnier imo xD

Weren't early rumors pointing to Deyha being a 4-star? Maybe the devs just decided to give her a 5-star burst animation and call it a day? I'm only half kidding :messenger_pensive:.

Hmm thats an interesting take and we have Nigghuang proving this could be a possibility as well. But its certainly weird I didn't heard about this rumor until now.
I don't think being a 4-star would fix her though. I mean people would be more acceptive because its 4-star and is more easy to acquire, but she is basically wrong in terms of kit.

Last edited:

Pejo

R Reizo Ryuu Dregnel Dregnel

Got my free artbook from the Honkai event last fall. It's very high quality considering we didn't even have to pay for shipping/handling. Mostly stuff from the Senti event until about 3/4 of the way through ER arc. I didn't take many pics but my favorite parts are the concept art of characters' outfits that didn't make the game. Most of it is just pictures of the CG scenes from events/story. 190~ pages, so it's significant, and has a sleeve over the hard cover. I'm impressed.

Senti got robbed for her swimsuit, the top 3 choices were way better. I love the fact that one Himeko concept was just "red mage with tits" from Final Fantasy. If you open the images in new tabs they can be see in better detail.

sRSoora.jpg

epNUbqb.jpg

OWMAsXK.jpg

2Wu6l1T.jpg

pesLaG4.jpg

vBn3qgM.jpg

Last edited:

Dregnel

Bomba at the least for the first day

Got my free artbook from the Honkai event last fall. It's very high quality considering we didn't even have to pay for shipping/handling. Mostly stuff from the Senti event until about 3/4 of the way through ER arc. I didn't take many pics but my favorite parts are the concept art of characters' outfits that didn't make the game. Most of it is just pictures of the CG scenes from events/story. 190~ pages, so it's significant, and has a sleeve over the hard cover. I'm impressed.

Senti got robbed for her swimsuit, the top 3 choices were way better. I love the fact that one Himeko concept was just "red mage with tits" from Final Fantasy. If you open the images in new tabs they can be see in better detail.

sRSoora.jpg

epNUbqb.jpg

OWMAsXK.jpg

2Wu6l1T.jpg

pesLaG4.jpg

vBn3qgM.jpg
Holy jesus! the second one!
i want now her new jojo skin, i hope it's free or gacha

Last edited:

Fake

Wow, they're selling better than I expected. Guess that's the appeal of waifu. I wonder how much better the sales would have been if her kit wasn't ass.

Thats my guess. She is shit overall, but still hot.

And her questline is not bad. Is a good person to get along.

Last edited:
Thas my guess. She is shit overall, but still hot.

I'm feeling conflicted on this though. On the one hand it's positive that good characters like Dehya sell well. On the other, this sends the message to MHY that it's fine to be lazy with their characters' kits because people will spend money either way. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Dregnel

Thas my guess. She is shit overall, but still hot.

she doesn't work with shogun because she is too aggresive with her E And you end up pushing the enemy too much.

The only way I can make her work is with Nahida and Yae in the same team and we are talking about the open world.

I'm feeling conflicted on this though. On the one hand it's positive that good characters like Dehya sell well. On the other, this sends the message to MHY that it's fine to be lazy with their characters' kits because people will spend money either way. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Yeah i want more characters design like dehya's but not trash kits, i have no idea how to build her at least anything works with nahida in the team because she is broken.

Fake

Man... there is a huge conflict between those who write the character bio vs character design.

Baizhu is a meele catalyst, ignoring QiQi info.

Last edited:

Dregnel

Man... there is a huge conflict between those who write the character bio vs character design.

Baizhu is a meele catalyst, ignoring QiQi database.
i saw a leak about baizu, his autos are slow and janky.
Or it could just be that I got used to scaramouche's speed i don't know.

Fake

See my post. Already have Baizhu and Kaveh gameplay video.

IDK if was Qiqi or other character, but was already descarting the possibility of Baizhu being a meele char based of the info about his physical condiction.
Looks like MHY just turn on the 'fuck that' button.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member

sRSoora.jpg

epNUbqb.jpg

OWMAsXK.jpg

2Wu6l1T.jpg

pesLaG4.jpg

vBn3qgM.jpg
That's really cool, I unfortunately didn't have the time to participate.
The new event is pretty interesting, if only for finally allowing signets outside of the ER.

Saber

Gold Member

Pretty sure hes slower than Heizou.
But honestly I don't care much, would use him as a healer+shielder like Diona.

SSfox

Pretty cool that Kaveh is Bloom based and seems great, i had no plan on getting Nilou so i can finally build some bloom teams

Baizhu seems to be quite solid, and a must pull if you have Cyno, he looks ok but i don't think i'll pull him tho

Last edited:

Fake

MYH is like putting much money on Kaveh animation rather than Baizhu.

I was expecting the white snake doing something in his animation. Thats a bit dissapoint.

Pejo

For mostly myself, but also InterMusketeer InterMusketeer and any remaining Dehya copers in the thread, we finally got a (real?) post from a CN player discussing what the general conversation about her is, in the CN server.

(it's a big post so I'm quoting it to not annoy people in the thread that just want Dehya drama to be over)

I find it kinda interesting that they believe that the global playerbase has the most sway with MHY, while we think the exact opposite thing for the CN playerbase. Maybe we're all equal piles of shit in MHY's eyes, after all.

Also, apparently the feminism in gaming infection is taking hold over in CN as well, at least for the big releases. There has been a growing number of examples of feminists sabotaging games.

Maybe Anita bought a summer home in Beijing
iu

Anyways, they sound about as hopeless about the situation as I do. Not even just about Dehya, but about the precedent set by Dehya where they can just make a character shit on purpose, and all that entails.

Just a reminder, if anyone wants to add to the dogpile to their customer support, use the in-game feedback button and submit anything. The community idea now is to cause them to acknowledge it because we're clogging up the customer service line with Dehya buff requests. Doesn't really even matter what you say, just mention Dehya needing a buff and hit send.

Top Bottom