• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Kinda looks like he might have a Heizou-esque melee move set.
Yea, it'd be cool if he had the "puppet strings" gauntlets too, where he lays traps and then freezes enemies that way or something. But that's far too unique of a kit for MHY to try it, I'm sure it will be either pew pew icicles or punch punch icicles.
Waifus when though...
4.2 through 4.6 if leaks can be believed.

Skirk and Cloud Retainer, I believe.

I Am Strong Season 3 GIF by The Office

*edit*

This is the dude I'm aiming to get when Fontaine arc roles out. He managed to escape the visual aesthetic most Fontaine characters got treated with.

Hope he turns out decent.
His haircut is fucking stupid, especially compared to his pretty good concept art hair, but yea I agree. If there's one character that I'm excited for that we've explicitly seen the final version of, it's him. But going to standard banner doesn't bode well for his kit strength.

Last edited:
Well, I just got Tighnari. Does Kokomi work well with him, or should I instead keep my gems for the next Archon? Is he worth building if he's the only dendro character I have other than the free one?

Pejo

Well, I just got Tighnari. Does Kokomi work well with him, or should I instead keep my gems for the next Archon? Is he worth building if he's the only dendro character I have other than the free one?
He's designed as a Ganyu type charge shot DPS carry for Spread reaction teams, but I didn't find his gameplay to be very strong or fun. Dendro is better off as a reactor element with all Dendro characters I've used other than Alhaitham. Unfortunately Tighnari has very little off-field application. Collei is a lot better as an off-field applicator. If you really want a strong Dendro character, the one you want is Nahida, the archon.

At least his passive is good, it marks all of the Sumeru regional specialties on the map, which is handy for stuff like scarabs and lotus flowers.

Last edited:
Does Kokomi work well with him, or should I instead keep my gems for the next Archon? Is he worth building if he's the only dendro character I have other than the free one?
Kokomi and Tighnari can work together, though they're not particularly synergistic. Tighnari mostly wants to do selfish damage with the spread (dendro + electro) reaction, but you can add hydro to the line-up easily for some bonus hyperblooms.

Hard to say whether you should save. How many primos do you have? Can you get more from your game world? We're getting an entirely new area too next week, which will hold a bunch of primos as well. On top of that, the archon isn't expected to appear for another three months. You will have a bit of time to save even if you spend a lot now.

Tighnari is competent enough to be worth building if you have some kind of electro character to pair him with. Fischl and Lisa are good options.

Man just going through the starting areas of Inazuma and it’s so beautiful… loving the purples and pinks everywhere. I also like all the new puzzles and stuff in the map, the electric barriers and the reactor lines where you connect the crystals are fun. Also the samurai enemies look so cool. Ugh, the game just continues to impress.

Pejo

Man just going through the starting areas of Inazuma and it’s so beautiful… loving the purples and pinks everywhere. I also like all the new puzzles and stuff in the map, the electric barriers and the reactor lines where you connect the crystals are fun. Also the samurai enemies look so cool. Ugh, the game just continues to impress.
Inazuma has some ups and downs, but it's my favorite overall nation so far. The puzzles are probably the most difficult they'll ever get too, so enjoy that (if you like puzzles). I also really like two of the most divisive areas in the game, Tsurumi Island and Enkanomiya which both have very unique mechanics you don't see elsewhere in the game. The worst part was the dip in quality of the main archon story quests, which gets considerably better in Sumeru.

Inazuma has some ups and downs, but it's my favorite overall nation so far. The puzzles are probably the most difficult they'll ever get too, so enjoy that (if you like puzzles). I also really like two of the most divisive areas in the game, Tsurumi Island and Enkanomiya which both have very unique mechanics you don't see elsewhere in the game. The worst part was the dip in quality of the main archon story quests, which gets considerably better in Sumeru.
I really enjoyed Dragonspine even tho I see tons of negative memes about it. Thought it was really fun and a nice challenge. It’s good they mix things up, helps make areas memorable imo. Looking forward to the rest of Inazuma, part of me wants to rush so I can build Kokomi, but the other part of me wants to take my time like I’ve been doing and just enjoy it.

In other news I think Tower of Fantasy knows I might drop it and it has been giving me really good luck. Pulled 3 different SSRs today… there are some good aspects to the game for sure, but I’m still on the fence about it.

In Star Rail news, I’ve realized that I’m going to have to build up an entire team, from the ground up in order to get any real benefit out of Kafka lol
At least I have all the characters I need but damn, this bitch is turning into a huge resource sink. I guess it’s fine since I don’t plan to pull again until the blindfold ice girl comes out, Dragon Dan would be nice but I have to pick and choose. Might even get the Jade pass in the meantime. The Welkin pass for Genshin really helped, and the price is fair, so we will see.

Last edited:

Pejo

Well, with the dead weeks I've finally caught up on a few of those "if I really have nothing else to do" goals. Today's get:

yHryG5P.jpg

For reference: These 10 pages can only be obtained by fishing in Inazuma. The pages drop randomly when you catch a fish with a 2% drop rate. It took a VERY long time to get them all because for the first 8 pages I read somewhere incorrectly that the pages only drop from the fat green/brown fish, but it turns out they drop from any fish, something I just read a few weeks ago.

I really enjoyed Dragonspine even tho I see tons of negative memes about it. Thought it was really fun and a nice challenge. It’s good they mix things up, helps make areas memorable imo. Looking forward to the rest of Inazuma, part of me wants to rush so I can build Kokomi, but the other part of me wants to take my time like I’ve been doing and just enjoy it.
If you liked the mechanics in Dragonspine, then I think you will like the two areas I mentioned as well. They both have mechanics that make the areas more difficult for players, but I found it refreshing and fun to navigate them both.
In other news I think Tower of Fantasy knows I might drop it and it has been giving me really good luck. Pulled 3 different SSRs today… there are some good aspects to the game for sure, but I’m still on the fence about it.
The thing about ToF is that you could lucksack 8 SSRs in a row and you're still not gonna be anywhere near a mid-range whale when you get grouped into content. To me, I liked knowing that I at least did my part in raids and bosses and stuff, but in that game you are just there to make the whales look better by comparison, and it took a lot of the fun out for me personally. Why even learn the boss mechanics if you don't get to do any damage because a whale did 40 million damage to your 100,000. Some people have no issue being carried through everything though, I guess that's the kind of person that can stick with the game long term as F2P. I used to play a lot of MMOs so I absolutely hate being dead weight.
In Star Rail news, I’ve realized that I’m going to have to build up an entire team, from the ground up in order to get any real benefit out of Kafka lol
At least I have all the characters I need but damn, this bitch is turning into a huge resource sink. I guess it’s fine since I don’t plan to pull again until the blindfold ice girl comes out, Dragon Dan would be nice but I have to pick and choose. Might even get the Jade pass in the meantime. The Welkin pass for Genshin really helped, and the price is fair, so we will see.
Just like Genshin, I think people worry too much about optimal teams when there's only 1 mode that exists where it matters. I am running Himeko/Kafka/Silver Wolf/Natasha just because I like them as characters and easily clearing all of the story/Simulated Universe/Farming nodes. Is it optimal for Kafka DoT build? Absolutely not, but she's still strong and i'm having a lot of fun without building 8 characters I hate to try to make some excel spreadsheet youtuber happy.

I'm excited for Fu Xuan, mono-Quantum looks quite fun and strong, but hinges a lot on Silver Wolf.

Last edited:
Ya for sure lol, my “main team” in Star Rail is just a mishmash of characters I like. Serval, Fire MC, Luocha, Yukong/Yanqing. Now that I have Welt too I’m very close to being able to make a mono imaginary team, just for shits and giggles. For most content it’s perfectly fine. I would LOVE to have Himeko… probably the character I want most lol but I also want Clara just because Svarogg is so badass. Having Luocha has paid off, seems like he pairs well with just about everyone. I’m not too hot on Sampo, but I like the new kid Luka, and he fills the physical role for me. Thinking Kafka team will be her, Luocha, Luka, Pela (maybe Sampo) it will be a nice goal to work towards since I’m basically caught up in that game.

Can’t wait for those other areas in Genshin then, that’s sounds like it’s going to be fun. Slowly taking my main character from 70s to 80s along with their weapons. Only person who is 80/80 atm is Eula, she’s been doing real work lol

Ya I think with ToF I’m just gonna play the story and pull for characters who look cool and not really worry much about anything else lol. Definitely playing it far more casually than any of the other games I’m on right now.

Still also chugging away at Punishing Gray Raven, but that said, it’s like maybe 10 mins a day, log on, auto clear events/resources, do a battle ground or pain cage or two and that’s a wrap. I like that I can be in and out if that game super quick. The ability to get dailies done quickly is also another point in favor of Star Rail, love how easy you can jump in take care of them, maybe run a simulated universe and work on an event a bit and bounce. This is one area where Genshin suffers, maybe it’s just the design of the game, but of all the games I’m playing currently it’s definitely the “slowest” when it comes to this. It’s not a bad thing per se, since it’s definitely my main game insofar it’s the one I play the most and care about the most. But I after playing all these other games it is something that I’ve noticed.

The game suffering the most right now is Impact 3rd, everytime I play log on I just get the feeling that I don’t really want to be doing any of the upkeep for dailies or mats, ect. Would rather be playing something else. Think I just got on that one too late. Still love the look of it, but I think because it’s been out for so long, and I’m so far behind, it just feels like a mess with the 50 different currencies.

I really just want Zenless Zone Zero to come out! I’m really looking forward to that game.

I downloaded that (new?) Tower of God game, haven’t even booted it up yet, but I remember really liking the anime a few years ago. So I will mess around with that one tomorrow a bit and see what’s up.

Pejo

Ya for sure lol, my “main team” in Star Rail is just a mishmash of characters I like. Serval, Fire MC, Luocha, Yukong/Yanqing. Now that I have Welt too I’m very close to being able to make a mono imaginary team, just for shits and giggles. For most content it’s perfectly fine. I would LOVE to have Himeko… probably the character I want most lol but I also want Clara just because Svarogg is so badass. Having Luocha has paid off, seems like he pairs well with just about everyone. I’m not too hot on Sampo, but I like the new kid Luka, and he fills the physical role for me. Thinking Kafka team will be her, Luocha, Luka, Pela (maybe Sampo) it will be a nice goal to work towards since I’m basically caught up in that game.
I'm just in Star Rail for the low upkeep and decent main story. They suffer severe content drought which is weird considering how much smaller scale and more contained it is than Genshin. The patch 1.2 increase of Trailblaze Power is gonna be so damn nice so you only have to log in once every 36 hours.
Can’t wait for those other areas in Genshin then, that’s sounds like it’s going to be fun. Slowly taking my main character from 70s to 80s along with their weapons. Only person who is 80/80 atm is Eula, she’s been doing real work lol
Yea having a hyper carry like Eula is very favorable to new players. Concentrate all of your buildling to her then slowly flesh out other characters/teams. That's the best way to do it and also exactly opposite to how I did it, where I leveled like 20 characters simultaneously.
Ya I think with ToF I’m just gonna play the story and pull for characters who look cool and not really worry much about anything else lol. Definitely playing it far more casually than any of the other games I’m on right now.
Well I quit over 6 months ago so I don't really have any good advice on that game anymore. Maybe they improved things, but I doubt it.
Still also chugging away at Punishing Gray Raven, but that said, it’s like maybe 10 mins a day, log on, auto clear events/resources, do a battle ground or pain cage or two and that’s a wrap. I like that I can be in and out if that game super quick. The ability to get dailies done quickly is also another point in favor of Star Rail, love how easy you can jump in take care of them, maybe run a simulated universe and work on an event a bit and bounce. This is one area where Genshin suffers, maybe it’s just the design of the game, but of all the games I’m playing currently it’s definitely the “slowest” when it comes to this. It’s not a bad thing per se, since it’s definitely my main game insofar it’s the one I play the most and care about the most. But I after playing all these other games it is something that I’ve noticed.
Yea agreed. PGR has its ups and downs. The thing I like about it is that the event rewards are occasionally really good but then sometimes kinda lame, so I don't feel bad skipping modes/events that I just don't enjoy. It's the only live service game that I never feel severe FOMO with. Some days I just log in and don't even run dailies. There was one "free" costume that they gave out for Selena like 8 months ago that was locked behind one of the worst grinds I ever experienced in that game, which is the only thing I regret that I didn't get. I just genuinely enjoy the combat in the game, it's very technical and fun. Genshin's dailies aren't too bad if you abuse the condensed resin feature to just pack away your resin if you don't feel like burning it every day. Hopefully they give us some Resin QoLs soon.
The game suffering the most right now is Impact 3rd, everytime I play log on I just get the feeling that I don’t really want to be doing any of the upkeep for dailies or mats, ect. Would rather be playing something else. Think I just got on that one too late. Still love the look of it, but I think because it’s been out for so long, and I’m so far behind, it just feels like a mess with the 50 different currencies.
I've been playing the game since 2019, and I can tell you that this is one of the worst runs it's ever been through. Ever since the end of the Elysian Realm arc through the Kiana finale and now this new Seele-focused chapter, it's just been mostly trash. The very very most recent part of the Seele story got really good again, but it was terrible the entire chapter up to this part. There aren't any major events going on during the big story releases, so it's mostly just daily/weekly busywork. No shame in taking some time off from games, especially live service ones that are fairly demanding with your time. Every so often I sit back and evaluate how many I play and how many I actually enjoy playing, then usually drop a few. I'm probably due to drop a few more soon honestly, but HI3 is that one that I've been with for so long I just keep sticking with it. I'm excited for the big engine update and major changes in early 2024, so I'll at least stick with it until then.
I really just want Zenless Zone Zero to come out! I’m really looking forward to that game.
You'll have to tell me how it goes, I refuse to give MHY any more of my daily time, but I do like the super smooth animations.
I downloaded that (new?) Tower of God game, haven’t even booted it up yet, but I remember really liking the anime a few years ago. So I will mess around with that one tomorrow a bit and see what’s up.
Haven't heard of it. Is it based off the anime/Korean webtoon of the same name? I liked the anime.

*edit*

Just what all of you guys have been waiting for. A new 4* craftable claymore for your off-field Dehya.

abllkf8t6shb1.jpg

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Yea, it'd be cool if he had the "puppet strings" gauntlets too, where he lays traps and then freezes enemies that way or something. But that's far too unique of a kit for MHY to try it, I'm sure it will be either pew pew icicles or punch punch icicles.

4.2 through 4.6 if leaks can be believed.

Skirk and Cloud Retainer, I believe.

I Am Strong Season 3 GIF by The Office

*edit*

His haircut is fucking stupid, especially compared to his pretty good concept art hair, but yea I agree. If there's one character that I'm excited for that we've explicitly seen the final version of, it's him. But going to standard banner doesn't bode well for his kit strength.
Oh he is going to standard banner?

Well, riip then 😂

Last edited:

Pejo

Oh he is going to standard banner?

Well, riip then 😂
That was the old rumor at least. Back then he was supposedly Cryo (physical) polearm though, so a lot could have changed. I'd wait for some sort of confirmation before worrying about it.

Also, just a reminder to everyone in the thread - Lore and archon quest leaks are abound in the leaks community now, which means in a few hours they'll be everywhere. If you care about staying unspoiled, stay off of genshin reddit and twitter and probably YouTube.

Also - I'm thinking of asking EL to either move this thread out of community hell for 4.0 for a few weeks or maybe I'll make a new thread and have it merged with this one after it runs its course. Anybody have any opinions on which way you'd rather it go? I'd like to hopefully pick up more people that play the game that just never check out communities since we lost a few posters.

Fuz

Banned
They ruined it.
The initial concept was so good, and then they genshinized him.
And now catalyst? Fuck off mihoyo.

Hard to say whether you should save. How many primos do you have?
Enough for 180 wishes, and then a bit more. So I'd "only" need to earn enough for 90 more wishes if I pull for Kokomi, and I've barely touched the Chasm or Sumeru.

Also - I'm thinking of asking EL to either move this thread out of community hell for 4.0 for a few weeks or maybe I'll make a new thread and have it merged with this one after it runs its course. Anybody have any opinions on which way you'd rather it go?
If it would be allowed, I'd prefer moving this thread for a few weeks or so, if only for the reactions it might get when people see the post count.

That and the first couple of posts still have a lot of good info for new players.

Also - I'm thinking of asking EL to either move this thread out of community hell for 4.0 for a few weeks or maybe I'll make a new thread and have it merged with this one after it runs its course. Anybody have any opinions on which way you'd rather it go? I'd like to hopefully pick up more people that play the game that just never check out communities since we lost a few posters.
If we want to attract more people who are already playing the game, I think just moving the thread is fine. A new thread could have updated info on Fontaine and stuff, but most players would already now all that. If you want to get people to try out the game, a new thread would be better.

I don't have a preference otherwise.

Enough for 180 wishes, and then a bit more. So I'd "only" need to earn enough for 90 more wishes if I pull for Kokomi, and I've barely touched the Chasm or Sumeru.
Might as well go for Koko then, unless there's other reruns you're interested in like Shogun, Nahida etc. I don't remember exactly what other characters you have. All of those are S-tier characters, so you can't really go wrong. Mostly depends on what kind of teams you would want to run.

Do you think there's a good chance that Kokomi and the water Archon would work well together, or is it more likely that you wouldn't want both on the same team? I have Xingqiu, but only at C0, and I never got a sacrificial sword, so that's why I'm leaning towards Kokomi.

Not really a big fan of any of the four stars on Kokomi's banner, though.

Do you think there's a good chance that Kokomi and the water Archon would work well together, or is it more likely that you wouldn't want both on the same team?
It's not unheard of to put multiple hydro characters in a team. Yelan and Xingqiu is actually a popular combo. Because of how hydro works, it's often beneficial to apply as much of it as possible. And Kokomi heals too, so they could work fine together.

But we just don't know what Focalors does. If she herself can heal and/or apply her element a bunch, you'd probably rather have a more damage-oriented character in your team or one of a different element.

So right now, it's a 50/50 chance.

Pejo

Do you think there's a good chance that Kokomi and the water Archon would work well together, or is it more likely that you wouldn't want both on the same team? I have Xingqiu, but only at C0, and I never got a sacrificial sword, so that's why I'm leaning towards Kokomi.

Not really a big fan of any of the four stars on Kokomi's banner, though.
As InterMusketeer InterMusketeer mentioned, using two of the same element is just fine and I do it on most of my teams for various reasons. Hydro has one of the more niche team buffs (being increased HP for the whole team), but it's still good in the right situations.

Now these are ancient leaks by today's standards, but the rumored kit for the new archon was centered around losing HP for massive attack benefits and good Hydro application. Something like she turns the whole field into basically "standing in a puddle of water" and you lose HP the whole time while getting buffed. If that ends up being true, you will definitely need a healer that can keep up. Kokomi's heal is on her skill, not her burst, so the availability is strictly around cooldown with no energy requirements.

Regardless of that though, I think Kokomi is a good get. Lots of Hydro AoE application, good heals, flexible builds, and unlike Barbara her jellyfish doesn't apply Hydro to your own characters causing you to get frozen by ice or taking extra damage from Pyro etc.

Plus she can walk on water during her Burst. Seems like a handy skill to have in the water nation maybe? Though Mona or Ayaka would be better for traversal reasons.

The Circle GIF by The Circle Netflix (US)

So I received an answer from a mod, and he said we could just move this thread temporarily back to Gaming for a few weeks. I propose a title update indicating 4.0 release too, so start thinking of some OT titles including 4.0 or Fontaine or something. Once we have something I'll put the request in, since the update is due in 3 days.

I'm thinking something like: Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

That way it has info to people that maybe used to play that Fontaine is releasing, which they might recognize

SSfox SSfox Fake Fake Saber Saber let me know if you guys have any input too.

Saber

Gold Member
SSfox SSfox Fake Fake Saber Saber let me know if you guys have any input too.

Theres a reason both me and Fake don't post here anymore.
Unfortunatelly for me and my brother we already reached our limit and quitted the game for good(game was unninstaled for a long time already). They can't expect me to get happy or any form of hype if they were to launch repeated events, uninteresting characters, story and dialogues and bad/annoying exploration when compared to say Lyiue and Monstad. It was a good run and we have fond memories from the good times, but we currently have no plans to be back to the game and support them. Sumeru and it's hundreds of "expansions" were my last straw, at least for me.

I propose a title update indicating 4.0 release too, so start thinking of some OT titles including 4.0 or Fontaine or something. Once we have something I'll put the request in, since the update is due in 3 days.

I'm thinking something like: Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

That way it has info to people that maybe used to play that Fontaine is releasing, which they might recognize

Genshin Impact 4.0 |OT| A Fontaine of information and discussion (free-to-play action RPG).

To be honest, your suggestion might be a lot better, though. I just don't understand french or get the reference. But if I did, there's a good chance I'd prefer it.

Last edited:
Theres a reason both me and Fake don't post here anymore.
Unfortunatelly for me and my brother we already reached our limit and quitted the game for good(game was unninstaled for a long time already). They can't expect me to get happy or any form of hype if they were to launch repeated events, uninteresting characters, story and dialogues and bad/annoying exploration when compared to say Lyiue and Monstad. It was a good run and we have fond memories from the good times, but we currently have no plans to be back to the game and support them. Sumeru and it's hundreds of "expansions" were my last straw, at least for me.
I'd suggest doing what I did. Give it a year or two, and when you return there will be loads of new content and places to explore.

Pejo

Well, 4.0 phase 1 banners are up, AKA The well has been poisoned. Unless you're a brand new player they laced the 4 stars with Benny and Barbie who almost everyone has at c6 by this point. Weapon banner is decent if you have/want Yelan. Sacrificial 4*s are usually considered the best for supports due to the extra skill usage.

I want Lynette constellations after the free one we get, but not on this banner, oh me oh my.

we9fyy3f30ib1.jpg

cuoyguff30ib1.jpg

8rhq7jsf30ib1.jpg

Also, Fuz Fuz , deanote666 deanote666 , InterMusketeer InterMusketeer , Nankatsu Nankatsu , Roman Empire Roman Empire , Icymanipulator Icymanipulator do you guys have any input on the thread OT rename when we move this thread out of communities for a few weeks?

I suggested: Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"
(which is just french for "my name is "the whale"")

and LegendOfKage LegendOfKage suggested: Genshin Impact 4.0 |OT| A Fontaine of information and discussion (free-to-play action RPG)

If nobody has any further input i'll just flip a coin.

I like the French name, clever, and if people really want to know they can paste it into google

As far as banners yup, going all in on Yelan. Bought another welkin pass and have plenty of content to work through, having just gotten to Inazuma. Have like 8 pinks and 5500 gems to atm plus some of those premium crystals, don’t foresee a problem before the banner ends. I know Zhongli is coming next and is probably the better character, but the fun of these games for me mostly comes from using characters I like, and I can’t just wait forever for Raiden to show up again lol (hasn’t she had 2 reruns already?) so I will just pull for who I like and do my best.

Edit
In other news, 2 of my posts on the Hoyo app that were over 90k views and 1k+ likes got attacked and reported. They have now been deleted. It was fun while it lasted I guess. Claims say I was using copyrighted material, but the picture in question was an AI edit of *another* AI generated image. Who really “owns” something like that at that point? Whatever. I tried to get involved in the community there, lesson learned. Just going to grab my check ins and bounce from now on.

Last edited:

and LegendOfKage LegendOfKage LegendOfKage LegendOfKage suggested: Genshin Impact 4.0 |OT| A Fontaine of information and discussion (free-to-play action RPG)

I hope we get more suggestions. Now that I know the meaning, yours is pretty fun. I'm not wild about my suggestion, so feel free to use your own or a different one if someone comes up with something even better.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Well, 4.0 phase 1 banners are up, AKA The well has been poisoned. Unless you're a brand new player they laced the 4 stars with Benny and Barbie who almost everyone has at c6 by this point. Weapon banner is decent if you have/want Yelan. Sacrificial 4*s are usually considered the best for supports due to the extra skill usage.

I want Lynette constellations after the free one we get, but not on this banner, oh me oh my.

we9fyy3f30ib1.jpg

cuoyguff30ib1.jpg

8rhq7jsf30ib1.jpg

Also, Fuz Fuz , deanote666 deanote666 , InterMusketeer InterMusketeer , Nankatsu Nankatsu , Roman Empire Roman Empire , Icymanipulator Icymanipulator do you guys have any input on the thread OT rename when we move this thread out of communities for a few weeks?

and LegendOfKage LegendOfKage suggested: Genshin Impact 4.0 |OT| A Fontaine of information and discussion (free-to-play action RPG)

Here follows my early morning suggestions:

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 - Fontaine's Unwanted Magic Show

Genshin Impact |OT | 4.0 (Fontaine) - Traveler listen to me, it's better down where it's wetter

Last edited:

Pejo

Here follows my early morning suggestions:

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 - Fontaine's Unwanted Magic Show

Genshin Impact |OT | 4.0 (Fontaine) - Traveler listen to me, it's better down where it's wetter
I really like the 2nd one. How about just: Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) Traveler, it's better down where it's wetter

?

Pejo

Boy, lots of drama going on with the CN/SEA Genshin communities about hating Lyney. I find it funny that some straggler Lyney fans are now appealing to reddit hoping that the very audience that Lyney panders to will back them up in some sort of Genshin culture war.

I'm still confused why they thought that it was a good idea to lead Fontaine with him. That Navia girl would have been a safe choice all around. Boring and censored enough for reddit, but not a garter belt wearing male child for everyone else.

Dandyman Neuvillette and Wriothesley official posts:

Last edited:
Well, 4.0 phase 1 banners are up, AKA The well has been poisoned. Unless you're a brand new player they laced the 4 stars with Benny and Barbie who almost everyone has at c6 by this point.
Good. Now they can't show up on future banners. I see this as an absolute win.

This one gets my vote. There's already an OT with "better where it's wetter" for Dave the Diver(?) so I'd avoid that one.

Boy, lots of drama going on with the CN/SEA Genshin communities about hating Lyney.
Would love to take a look at that, but I'm scared to get spoiled along the way. Maybe you can post some entertaining threads if you find them.

Dandyman Neuvillette and Wriothesley official posts
So the leaks were accurate then. It is pretty bonkers that we will end up waiting a full year for a new female limited 5-star. Good to see there's no new 4-stars for 4.1 either. Hopefully that means we'll get someone new on Focalors' banner.

Dregnel

Boy, lots of drama going on with the CN/SEA Genshin communities about hating Lyney. I find it funny that some straggler Lyney fans are now appealing to reddit hoping that the very audience that Lyney panders to will back them up in some sort of Genshin culture war.

I was reading about that drama, koreans disliked lyney's promo video because he looks like a femboy.
F4QfeAV.png

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

Wriothesley seems fine, i hope his kit is not bad.

deanote666

we9fyy3f30ib1.jpg

cuoyguff30ib1.jpg

8rhq7jsf30ib1.jpg

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 storage wars just got real

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Here are a few more:

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 Whale, whale...what do we have here?

Genshin Impact |OT|| 4.0 Splash, Dive, Grind, Repeat!

Genshin Impact |OT|| 4.0 Gacha's Best Water Theme Park

Fuz

Banned
Good. Now they can't show up on future banners. I see this as an absolute win.
Agree!
I'm skipping kakkomi also because I have all the 4★ C6.
This one gets my vote. There's already an OT with "better where it's wetter" for Dave the Diver(?) so I'd avoid that one.
Was about to mention Dave the Diver. Yeah, the "la baleine" is funny.

Edit: HOLY SHIT, 32gb update? Are they out of their minds?

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
DioPorco.jpg

God fucking dammit, can't they just say he gets a stack instead of adding pointless names for everything? Why make everything so convoluted and long to read for no reason?

God I hate mihoyo writers.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
DioPorco.jpg

God fucking dammit, can't they just say he gets a stack instead of adding pointless names for everything? Why make everything so convoluted and long to read for no reason?

Surprisingly from what I briefly read seems like his kit is too good to be on standard banner.

Mihoyo redemption arc incoming?

Pejo

DioPorco.jpg

I keep hearing that "Chinese is a flowerly language with lots of metaphorical descriptors". They did this kind of shit in The Meg 2 too, a movie about blowing up giant sharks. One of the Chinese cast was like "my name is *whatever his name was*. It uses these characters which means 'traveling in a small boat over the waves of the ocean looking for your true purpose' " or some shit like that, I'm paraphrasing. But yes MHY is like this in ALL of their games.

Surprisingly from what I briefly read seems like his kit is too good to be on standard banner.

Mihoyo redemption arc incoming?
It all comes down to actual performance and numbers. If you would have read about a lot of kits they probably sounded good on paper but in the game blow asshole. Except Xinyan. Her kit reads, sounds, and plays bad.

Shock Wow GIF by Pringles

Regarding the title, thanks for everybody's input. I threw all of the suggestions into a strawpoll, so after i get 5~ total votes I'll go ahead and put the request in to have the thread moved. I'm trying to be democratic here, if it seems like I'm making too big a deal about it.

Anyways, the poll:

SSfox

Bro WTF with all that mecanics "when HP increase or decrease" that almost all Fontaine characters have and the new artefacts also.

Gonna put a bet that Focalors gameplay will have something around this and be central to this mechanic.

Fuz

Banned
Anyways, the poll:

You put a trap in there for me and I couldn't vote la baleine.
2Rce3.gif

CALL TO ARMS
I WANT YOU ALL TO VOTE FOR "GOD I HATE MIHOYO WRITERS"
LET IT BE CLEAR FOR EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD!
bh187-braveheart.gif

Fuz

Banned
Bro WTF with all that mecanics "when HP increase or decrease" that almost all Fontaine characters have and the new artefacts also.

Gonna put a bet that Focalors gameplay will have something around this and be central to this mechanic.
I think I saw a few leaked kits that had HP sacrificing mechanics.
I think Neuvillette is one. EDIT: Nope, I was wrong.
And I hate it. Another stealth nerf to Zhong Li.

Take it with a grain of salt, I'm not 100% sure.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Me looking at the HP ups and downs mechanics fully knowing I'm not even gonna bother with them and just casually play the game:

jerry-lawler-laugh.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom