• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

George Lucas Making Changes to Star Wars Saga... Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Tempted to cancel my order. Damn it, Lucas.

chubigans said:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I don't like that first NO but the second NO was ok.

It kills me that "Nooooo" is slowly becoming Vader's catchphrase.

Azar

Patrick Bateman said:
Why did he do that anyway? I never understood this.
You don't understand why he wanted to look at his dad's real face for once in his life after the emotional catharsis of redeeming him from the dark side?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Rapstah said:
Both those "no"s sound like I've heard them before. Are they just cut from other parts of the trilogy?
They actually got James Earl Jones to record the lines, by accident.

*phone rings*
"Hello Mr.Jones, we'd like for you to come in and record a few more dialogue samples for Darth Vader for the new Star Wars Blu-Rays."
"Nooooo."
"I'm sorry, what was that?"
"I SAID NOOOO! STOP CALLING ME!"
*hangs up*

"He hung up...did it record ok Ben?"
"Hah, I got it!"

WillyFive

richiek said:
Thankfully, Vader's NOOO is not recycled from ROTS, it's different. More subdued, too. I can see it pissing off SW purists, though.

It sounded like the same one to me (the second one).

Azar said:
You don't understand why he wanted to look at his dad's real face for once in his life after the emotional catharsis of redeeming him from the dark side?
I thought that Vader became good again, when he decided to throw Palpatine down that hole and save Luke. He had his chat with him, when Luke took off his helmet etc.
Obi Wan's ghost was portrayed by Alec Guinnes and not Ewan McGregor, too..

Narag

Patrick Bateman said:
I thought that Vader became good again, when he decided to throw Palpatine down that hole and save Luke. He had his chat with him, when Luke took off his helmet etc.
Obi Wan's ghost was portrayed by Alec Guinnes and not Ewan McGregor, too..

Thought it was supposed to represent his death as Anakin Skywalker so the force ghost represented that time of his life or some such nonsense.

Salmonax

Willy105 said:
It sounded like the same one to me (the second one).
Yeah, they sound like they could be recycled. And why pay James Earl Jones for a session when you can edit and process existing audio? That sounds like Lucas thinking all the way.

Although I'm not convinced this isn't a prank. It just seems crappy even by Lucas standards.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
chubigans said:
They actually got James Earl Jones to record the lines, by accident.

*phone rings*
"Hello Mr.Jones, we'd like for you to come in and record a few more dialogue samples for Darth Vader for the new Star Wars Blu-Rays."
"Nooooo."
"I'm sorry, what was that?"
"I SAID NOOOO! STOP CALLING ME!"
*hangs up*

"He hung up...did it record ok Ben?"
"Hah, I got it!"

I loled.

Narag said:
Thought it was supposed to represent his death as Anakin Skywalker so the force ghost represented that time of his life or some such nonsense.
But I thought he died as Anakin Skywalker, when he became good again. Obi Wan played Ben Kenobi (lol) for over 20 years. If he follows that logic with Christensen, he should put in McGregor, too. Or at best, stop the whole nonsense..

Wait... it's not really Hayden under the helmet now, is it? Because if so I'm going from passive non-buying to actively knocking over magazine racks.

S1kkZ

Gary Whitta said:
Wait... it's not really Hayden under the helmet now, is it? Because if so I'm going from passive non-buying to actively knocking over magazine racks.
no, the scene is the same as in the dvd release.

MikeDub said:
Christ Lucas, God forbid the scene itself actually convey emotion, how about you just spoon feed it to people instead.
How am I suppose to get that Vader was against the death of his son, throwing his mentor to his death? I need to be told "no" it shows that he was against the death of his son.

B_Rik_Schitthaus said:
How am I suppose to get that Vader was against the death of his son, throwing his mentor to his death? I need to be told "no" it shows that he was against the death of his son.
Frankly I'm not getting that even from the NOOOOOO. I think we need to sell it harder to the audience. Maybe something like, NOOOOOO SEEING MY SON IN PAIN HAS RE-AWAKENED THE GOOD PERSON IN ME, I MUST DO SOMETHING EVEN IF IT COSTS ME MY OWN LIFE!

S1kkZ

Gary Whitta said:
Frankly I'm not getting that even from the NOOOOOO. I think we need to sell it harder to the audience. Maybe something like, NOOOOOO SEEING MY SON IN PAIN HAS RE-AWAKENED TH GOOD PERSON IN ME, I MUST DO SOMETHING EVEN IF IT COSTS ME MY OWN LIFE!
we need a voice over from hayden to transport vaders true emotion.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Gary Whitta said:
Frankly I'm not getting that even from the NOOOOOO. I think we need to sell it harder to the audience. Maybe something like, NOOOOOO SEEING MY SON IN PAIN HAS RE-AWAKENED THE GOOD PERSON IN ME, I MUST DO SOMETHING EVEN IF IT COSTS ME MY OWN LIFE!
SCREENPLAY
Lawrence Kasdan, George Lucas

WITH ADDITIONAL WRITING BY
Gary Whitta

Gary Whitta said:
Sad thing is the prequels should he never was a good man, proficient at putting together kit-bots and high-speed racing but not a kind person.

ultron87

That can't be real. Please tell me that isn't real.

The old version somehow managed to get emotion of a non moving helmet and mask combo! It was perfect!

Arcblade

Banned
When is Lucas going to update his damned self into something viable in the 2000s?

That way, at least some of his seminal work might be restored to its former glory...

LowParry

Are you fucking kidding me with the more Vader noooo? .........................that scene is completely ruined now. Completely!

B_Rik_Schitthaus said:
Sad thing is the prequels should he never was a good man, proficient at putting together kit-bots and high-speed racing but not a kind person.
Actually he became a great and popular hero... between Episodes II and III. Yeah, you don't get to see any of it in the movies.

Big One

Banned
Goddamn that is fucking terrible. It's one thing to do touch ups to the Ewoks to make them look more natural, it's another to do this. Fucking Lucas.

B_Rik_Schitthaus said:
He came out as a little bragging asshole, that's right.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I don't think we've heard about the biggest changes yet. These scenes aren't nearly offensive enough, yet. Save your nerd rage, gentlemen.. You'll be needing it.

CcrooK said:
Are you fucking kidding me with the more Vader noooo? .........................that scene is completely ruined now. Completely!
If I still had a working copy Sony Vegas I'd add the 'noooo' into every Vader scene.

DiipuSurotu said:
Actually he became a great and popular hero... between Episodes II and III. Yeah, you don't get to see any of it in the movies.
After the killing of all those Sand-people,
Do they ever address that in the cartoons?

Big One

Banned
BocoDragon said:
I don't think we've heard about the biggest changes yet. These scenes aren't nearly offensive enough, yet. Save your nerd rage, gentlemen.. You'll be needing it.
Yes, being offended that the preservation of film not existing in the Star Wars franchise is nerd rage.

S1kkZ

BocoDragon said:
there is a rumor of a new ewok dance scene...

The first 'NO' is OK as its kind of cold, but the second one is awful.

Lucas should add a big flashback montage to Anakin's entire life.

BocoDragon said:

It's all offensive at this point, every time he makes a change to the original trilogy he may as well just CGI himself in taking a huge dump. He probably thinks he is getting it perfect every time but someone needs to step up and say 'strike 3 George, get out of here'. I can't imagine he is happy with any of the decisions he has made in his life.

Phoenix

If Lucas really wants to do something with the franchise, he should just remake the first 3 movies... from scratch.

B_Rik_Schitthaus said:

This cannot be stated enough. Anakin's turn should have been heartbreaking, even if we knew it was coming. Instead I felt absolutely nothing because I never liked the kid.

I never saw the cunning warrior and good friend that Obi-Wan told Luke about. All I saw was whiny bitchy teen that only cared about himself and threw tantrums.

And at the pinnacle of the turn, when it should have been the most dramatic, he delivers the profound, "I hate you!" instead of any genuine emotion over fighting is supposed friend.

Think about it, if Luke had turned at the end of Jedi it would have hurt like hell.

DiipuSurotu said:

And that's a HUGE problem that Lucas should be chastised for.

djm

Phoenix said:
If Lucas really wants to do something with the franchise, he should just remake the first 3 movies... from scratch.
No please don't give him any ideas. Actually, I'm sure he's already thought of this.

bill0527

Lucas does this stuff intentionally just to piss his fanboys off.

That's the only logical explanation I can think of at this point.

S1kkZ said:
the scene is untouched. the vader "noooo" thing is confirmed, there is a soundfile available (dont know if i can post the link, since it is from a leaked copy).

What is the "Vader noooooo thing" your talking about? Whats been confirmed?

Morn

Banned
Gary Whitta said:

millenniumfalconbluray1.png

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Big One said:
Yes, being offended that the preservation of film not existing in the Star Wars franchise is nerd rage.
It's the definition of nerd rage, son. Own it.

Big One

Banned
BocoDragon said:
It's the definition of nerd rage, son. Own it.
No nerd rage is complaining about it ruining canon.

Complaining about it being unnecessary, terrible, and being a change from the original film isn't nerd rage. It's a completely legitimate, logical complaint and criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom