• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Germany and Spain top selling games of November

Bodomism

Banned
game_Charts_20-11_PCKonsole-1086x1536.jpg

VPDikqZ.png

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Mario Odyssey and Zelda BOTW were released in 2017 but still managed to chart in late 2020. Very impressive đź‘Ť.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Xbox barely sells over here lol normal if Gears 5 sells 5K is already massive for the userbase, PlayStation Exclusives have to fight agaisnt a huge 4M+ userbase.

It doesn't really matter. Bigger player base = more sales. Its just percentage.

v_iHuGi

Banned
It doesn't really matter. Bigger player base = more sales. Its just percentage.

it matters when your share is ridicously small, denying that will only make you look bad when i live and breed Portuguese and Spanish air.

I´ll repeat, when you have basically no share at all, 1 promotion can make your game be 1st in a blink of an eye.

So that is not impressive at all, i´d be impressed if it was in the UK or France per example, not to say Gears5 DLC isn´t great because it is indeed a great experience.

Last edited:

The_Mike

it matters when your share is ridicously small, denying that will only make you look bad when i live and breed Portuguese and Spanish air.

I´ll repeat, when you have basically no share at all, 1 promotion can make your game be 1st in a blink of an eye.

If there's 100 xbox players and a thousand ps players just to make it easy, then if 50 xbox players buys an exclusive and 200 ps players buys the exclusive, then the exclusive on xbox still sold better. Your comment doesn't make any sense. A bigger player base equals potentially better sales.

You still can't downplay it. I have no doubt that each ps title has sold more than gears 5 in this time period, but that doesn't change that in ratio comparison more players bought gears than spider man.

v_iHuGi

Banned
If there's 100 xbox players and a thousand ps players just to make it easy, then if 50 xbox players buys an exclusive and 200 ps players buys the exclusive, then the exclusive on xbox still sold better. Your comment doesn't make any sense. A bigger player base equals potentially better sales.

You still can't downplay it. I have no doubt that each ps title has sold more than gears 5 in this time period, but that doesn't change that in ratio comparison more players bought gears than spider man.

You're wrong & it's OK. I know the market here like no one on this forum don't try to teach me.

ethomaz

Banned

Nope.

The exclusive that sold 200 sold better than the exclusive that sold 50... it is obvious lol

I literally said that in my other post...
So MM sold better... case closed.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Spain, PS4, Grand Theft Auto V.

How? Why? Who hasn't already bought it? :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Xbox barely sells over here lol normal if Gears 5 sells 5K is already massive for the userbase, PlayStation Exclusives have to fight agaisnt a huge 4M+ userbase.
Still, the fact that a 2 year old game beat out Fifa is surprising and impressive imo. Good for Gears 5 I say.

Last edited:

Bodomism

Banned
Depressing to see turgid shite like Fifa and COD consistently topping charts around the world.

God forbid the drooling simpletons who buy it every year try something different for a change.
COD, FIFA, and GTA are the essential games for PS and XBOX userbase.

The_Mike

#2 on the Xbox specifically list. That does NOT mean it sold more than any PlayStation exclusive.
I never said that they sold more copies.
But given how popular ps5 games appear to be, they should've technically be higher on the ps list compared to multiplat.

It shows you really do buy an Xbox to play the exclusives, while there's a big casual crowd that mostly cares about multi plat.

Last edited:

yurinka

Gears 5 selling more than FIFA 21 in Spain is surprising.
Spain is probably the most sonyer country in the world, here the PS vs Xbox ratio should be 9:1 or 10:1. FIFA is also crazy popular here, so very likely many of these Xbox users also have a PS4 and play FIFA there.

Many people who has an Xbox here it's because of the exclusives or for some multiplat that clearly looks better there.

Fucking hell Watchdogs Legion was a catastrophe, wasn't it?
Games can sell several millions without appearing in the November and December charts. Specially now, when they released new PS and Xbox consoles.

Many people made the effort (or have money saved for when more consoles are available) to buy a next gen console with maybe a couple of games or something else like an extra controller, which is a lot of money. There has been a ton of potential big sellers in the last couple of months or so, and most people can't buy them all at least the first or second month.

So a lot of people may be interested on some of these recently released games but will wait to buy them, probably when cheaper. Specially from devs like CD Project and Ubisoft, who release their games with tons of bugs and need a few weeks or months of extra bugfixing and polishing to have the games in great shape.

Games like Watchdogs or Inmortals will sell well in the long term. People will buy them, just prefered to get FIFA, CoD, AC Vallhalla, Miles Morales or Cyberpunk before, or this month got some kids friendly Switch game for Christmas.

Last edited:

CyRuZ

Banned
I hope not, I like that turn-based system far more. They should keep the brawling system for the next Judgment game.
Why not the other way. Turn based for judgment and brawler for yakuza? Why piss off a big chunk of the playerbase in the first place?

Last edited:

Hudo

Why not the other way. Turn based for judgment and brawler for yakuza?
Because the brawler thing fits more with the private detective thing, IMHO. But that is subjective. I think that Yakuza is a bit more weird and crazy, so more experimentation doesn't seem as weird. The diagetic nature of the combat, as explained by Ichiban and noticed by his party, was really cool and fitting, IMHO.

Again, it's subjective. I expect Sega to also do Yakuza games with the brawling stuff. But I'd love if they somehow could make spin-offs with the turn-based stuff.

CyRuZ

Banned
Because the brawler thing fits more with the private detective thing, IMHO. But that is subjective. I think that Yakuza is a bit more weird and crazy, so more experimentation doesn't seem as weird. The diagetic nature of the combat, as explained by Ichiban and noticed by his party, was really cool and fitting, IMHO.

Again, it's subjective. I expect Sega to also do Yakuza games with the brawling stuff. But I'd love if they somehow could make spin-offs with the turn-based stuff.
Yeah, vice-versa imo. But that is just personal preference. Personally I would prioritize new locations instead of changing what wasn't necessary. Yeah they have new locations, but AFAIK they still have Kamurocho as the main location and this just felt lazy to re-recycling that again. Why not put the time in expanding it if they would like to keep it in Kamurocho. But that's something only the producers could answer.

Sw0pDiller

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Mario Odyssey and Zelda BOTW were released in 2017 but still managed to chart in late 2020. Very impressive đź‘Ť.
Well, it's impressive that the switch is mining its own consumers. It's not impressive that the system still sells with 3 year old games because that says that the software output for the last couple of years is very poor.

Hudo

Yeah, vice-versa imo. But that is just personal preference. Personally I would prioritize new locations instead of changing what wasn't necessary. Yeah they have new locations, but AFAIK they still have Kamurocho as the main location and this just felt lazy to re-recycling that again. Why not put the time in expanding it if they would like to keep it in Kamurocho. But that's something only the producers could answer.
Now that I can fully get behind.

Rhazkul

I forgot some people has bad taste on Gaf, but in the end we are all gamers so let's be on the same side.
Oh, so that wasn't sarcasm? Fifa and CoD and all that other AAA stuff ain't good games...they're money printers first (XP boosts in single player games like Valhalla?) Top Charts only reflect the lowest common denominator, they're not indicators of good games.
I'm not here to judge you (or anyone who enjoys these games) personally, only bad games and questionable monetization...

Last edited:

The_Mike

Oh, so that wasn't sarcasm? Fifa and CoD and all that other AAA stuff ain't good games...they're money printers first (XP boosts in single player games like Valhalla?) Top Charts only reflect the lowest common denominator, they're not indicators of good games.
I'm not here to judge you (or anyone who enjoys these games) personally, only bad games and questionable monetization...
Ah yes, you proved my point perfectly.
"people who enjoy other games than the ones I like has a shitty opinion and therefore theirs shouldn't matter. The only good games worth playing are sonys as they make games for me and don't want my money."

News flash : you don't have to buy any of that shit. I don't have to buy an xp booster in these AC games, and those that do are fools.

Good games sell. Maybe you think they are shit, and hey, I agree with you on many of them. There's not many of the games I really play on these lists either besides a cod game when I think they look great. I skipped this years cod as an example.

If you enjoy fast paced online fps, there aren't really many other choices than cod. They kinda have that entire genre for them selves. Keep in mind I only buy cod for the online, and personally I've grown fatigue of starting over again and again.

But still. If the majority buy these games, then they are defined for the masses as good games.
If the list on ps was mainly exclusives from 1 to ten on that top list, I'm sure your statement has been seething like Greatness sells, sonys single player games are top notch and can't be matched. Which is true, but that does change the fact that third party games sells more.

Except on Nintendo, but that can be debatable as they don't have as many third party games to begin with. You buy a switch to specifically play these games.

Woopah

Well, it's impressive that the switch is mining its own consumers. It's not impressive that the system still sells with 3 year old games because that says that the software output for the last couple of years is very poor.

Happens when a console has not much more to offer.
Popular games sell because they are popular, not because there's a lack of other games.

God of War, GTA V and Fortnite are charting because they are games that many people like. It has nothing to do with PS4 having nothing to offer

Bodomism

Banned
Happens when a console has not much more to offer.
BOTW = 97 metascore
SMO = 97 metascore
MK8D = 92 metascore

Perhaps those games just too good and the momentum isn't stopping any soon thanks to hyper awesome words of mouth.

2020 games also charted on those top seller rankings which contradicted your point.
-Animal Crossing
-Age of Calamity
-Mario 3D all-stars
-51 worldwide games

Rikkori

Fucking hell Watchdogs Legion was a catastrophe, wasn't it?
Decent enough game, but I wouldn't have paid more than the 7.5 euros I did for playing through it for a month. The funny thing is, it's a WAY bigger technical mess than Cyberpunk, it crashes & crashes for days, and performance was particularly bad at launch. Let's not even mention the multitude of bugs..
I guess that part got ignored because barely anyone played it. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Mr Moose

?
200 > 50.

The_Mike

?
200 > 50.

Did my percentage calculation get over your head?
Do you guys even know math?
Literally none of you understands the meaning of ratio and percentage.
Or maybe you don't want to idk.

Last edited:
Top Bottom