• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Get $30 toward GOW4 with trade in (certain game) at Best Buy (in-store only)

jbug617

Banned
CtLUjveWIAA1385.jpg

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/t...D=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-jo_8b5n6GNEw8GWjHQZJOA
Credit to CAG

Combine with GCU you can end up getting Gears 4 close to $20. Also if you preorder Gears you get $10 RC
Not all stores do trade in so you have to check.

Eusis

I... thought this was the next God of War, and when I clicked in it seemed this was offering to trade Gears in for that.

Being able to do that with BOIII or GTAV seems crazy good though. I know some people will move on to the next CoD regardless, and GTAV was easy to get on sale and likely was played through by now anyway.

Lemstar

Black Ops 3, Siege, and FO4 are probably the best values on the list. Getting $30 for the other games right now is a crappy deal.

Note that the coupon might interfere with postpurchase price matching for Elite Plus members, depending on how your local store manages it (I doubt Gears 4 will go on sale within two weeks of launch, but for the 45 day window for Elite Plus, it might).

Rogas

Banned
Gears 4 is going out like candy, the code fiasco and this. It's going to sell more than Halo 5 IMO.

Can someone remind me how the PC version is releasing? I know it's Windows store only, but is it just digital or say if I get the physical X1 version, does that come with a PC code?

Can someone remind me how the PC version is releasing? I know it's Windows store only, but is it just digital or say if I get the physical X1 version, does that come with a PC code?

As it is a Xbox Play Anywhere title, it will be playable on both XB1 and PC (if you're on Win 10) if you pick up the Xbox version, not sure if it applies for PC version as well, though it should., I think you might need to tie your Xbox account to your PC, but then it'll just be available from the store.

Sounds like if you pick up a retail copy, you'll need to make sure they'll provide an additional code for the Play Anywhere stuff though:

Those games will also show the Play Anywhere icon in the online store, so you'll know when you're shopping that they support the service. You can get the games through the Xbox Store, the Windows Store, or via a digital code at participating retailers.

Rocketz

As it is a Xbox Play Anywhere title, it will be playable on both XB1 and PC (if you're on Win 10) if you pick up the Xbox version, not sure if it applies for PC version as well, though it should., I think you might need to tie your Xbox account to your PC, but then it'll just be available from the store.

It has to be a digital version to be apart of play anywhere. Physical XB1 copy won't get you access to the PC version.

It has to be a digital version to be apart of play anywhere. Physical XB1 copy won't get you access to the PC version.

Ahh, I thought maybe there was a code in physical copies to accomodate that, but I guess it wouldn't make sense for retailers to basically sell you 2 SKUs for no additional benefit. Though it is interesting the Polygon article I got that that quote from says "participating retailers" like there would be some that might offer it.

Top Bottom