• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Getting high

Oh sorry, I meant for the delivery services do you have to physically be at home to sign for it?
oh I just took a picture of the rec with my phone and also my drivers license and uploaded to their site

Some of the delivery services don't have sites so I assume you just show them when they arrive

cress2000

The Puffco Plus just restocked and I grabbed one. Can't wait to get it. Sounds like it should be a tremendous upgrade over the cheap dispensary-branded wax pen I've been using.

My Magic Flight Launch Box that I bought from a fellow gaffer a handful of years ago was stolen along with a bunch of my other shit when my car got broken into. :((((

MFLB was amazing and served me very well. I know technology has advanced quite a bit since I got it so i'm in the market for a new dry herb vaporizer. whats the best/cheap dry herb vapes?

Still leaning towards another MFLB because of how cheap it is and as I still have the portable battery charger for it

karasu

I'd like a vaporizer too. One that you can really get high off because the MFLB doesn't really do it for me. But this pipe has me so high right now that I want to make a shitty AMV about it.

If you're looking for an efficient plugin (average bowl is about 0.025g), then I'd recommend going with something like an enanohttps://epicvape.com. The Crafty, Mighty or the Pax2 would be your best bet for something portable. I have a Magic Flight sitting around unused since upgrading to a better vape.

If you're looking for an efficient plugin (average bowl is about 0.025g), then I'd recommend going with something like an enanohttps://epicvape.com. The Crafty, Mighty or the Pax2 would be your best bet for something portable. I have a Magic Flight sitting around unused since upgrading to a better vape.

damn that looks amazing a bit pricey.

and

uhhhhh holy shit i just got my first concentrate vape pen. damn what a game changer. these bowls/points last forever. could literally do it wherever and it won't smell at all

It really is efficient. I guess it depends on the quality of cannabis and your tolerance. I have been nicely baked on that little cannabis through the enano.

Efficient for a newbie maybe, but I can't imagine that 0.025g would have much of an effect on a seasoned vaper/smoker/consumer. I would need to refill that tiny ass chamber 8 times to get me stoned. May as well just buy a different desktop vape with a larger chamber.

Looking at it, the chamber looks like it could hold more than 0.025 to me, maybe 0.05? And I guess it could be useful for people who don't vape much, like on weekends or whatever. Still, I'd rather have a larger chamber just in case.

Efficient for a newbie maybe, but I can't imagine that 0.025g would have much of an effect on a seasoned vaper/smoker/consumer. I would need to refill that tiny ass chamber 8 times to get me stoned. May as well just buy a different desktop vape with a larger chamber.

Looking at it, the chamber looks like it could hold more than 0.025 to me, maybe 0.05? And I guess it could be useful for people who don't vape much, like on weekends or whatever. Still, I'd rather have a larger chamber just in case.
I've used a silver surfer which has a much larger bowl (0.25 or more grams). It's also a ceramic heater to glass convection vaporizer. It's really good for parties since it is a whip style vape. It's large and kinda stoner looking with its aluminum construction and fancy paint (which isn't a bad thing). A downside that I find with it is that it loses flavor (terpenes) before the bowl is cashed though.

You're right about the size of the bowl on the nano. My average bowl is about 0.05 grams (i just measured one) with the nano. Both my wife and I have our own custom blown glass stems (bowls) and a glass gong for a bubbler. That works well for us since we have different tastes in cannabis. She is more into chemdawg genetics (she loves the fuel/skunk terpenes of Sour Diesel etc) and I'm more into kush genetics to manage my disability (my favorite strain is Ewok). I can finish a full stem or a cloudy hit through an inline bubbler and the flavor lasts through the two or three hits that takes to cash it.

As far as being a newbie, I've been into cannabis since first smoking a steamroller in the summer of'91. I first used a vaporizer in 1998 (a converted Makita heat gun). I am fortunate to have access to some of the best flower, bubble hash, live nectar and shatter in the world (Colorado). When vaping I'm not always trying to get stoned, sometimes I like to just get high and go for a bike ride, work in the garden or play board or video games. With that stated, I'm not getting stoned multiple times a day everyday, so my tolerance isn't like some folks. I actually prefer the medicinal effects of edibles (homemade green dragon or an infused coconut oil) or dabbing live resin if I really need to be stoned. I mostly value vaping flower for the taste of the terpenes and the balanced high it gives me.

With that said, I've added crumbles of bubble hash on top of an average sized bowl of flower through the nano and that got me and my buddy really tuned off of one stem.

I think the best site to read about vaporizers is fuck combustion. Those are some real weed nerds. There are people who have a bunch of different vaporizer and give sound advise on which vaporizer are best for different applications.

I've used a silver surfer which has a much larger bowl (0.25 or more grams). It's also a ceramic heater to glass convection vaporizer. It's really good for parties since it is a whip style vape. It's large and kinda stoner looking with its aluminum construction and fancy paint (which isn't a bad thing). A downside that I find with it is that it loses flavor (terpenes) before the bowl is cashed though.

Yeah, this is an issue with my Crafty too. Granted, I vape on the highest temp, but the first 3 or so hits taste amazing...and then each one after tastes like burnt popcorn. I'm gonna try turning down the temp to the default 365F for the majority of the session next time, and then bring it up to the max (which I believe is 410F) to finish it off. I have some Blue Dream at the minute which has a really strong pine taste so it should last a little longer on the lower temp.

Yeah, this is an issue with my Crafty too. Granted, I vape on the highest temp, but the first 3 or so hits taste amazing...and then each one after tastes like burnt popcorn. I'm gonna try turning down the temp to the default 365F for the majority of the session next time, and then bring it up to the max (which I believe is 410F) to finish it off. I have some Blue Dream at the minute which has a really strong pine taste so it should last a little longer on the lower temp.
That's typically how I vape. I like the flavor of vaping at lower temperatures (and finishing up higher to extract the cbd). I have a pax pusher (fancy spacer) on my pax2 and vape on the lowest setting and still get that burnt popcorn taste before the trench is cashed. It's a small, discrete vape, but I just wish it was convection.

Nom nom on the blue dream. One of my favorite strains ever. Blueberry is such a great strain by itself (and fantastic parent in many other strains). I love how it balances out the overly racey effects of the haze genetics in blue dream.

That's typically how I vape. I like the flavor of vaping at lower temperatures (and finishing up higher to extract the cbd). I have a pax pusher (fancy spacer) on my pax2 and vape on the lowest setting and still get that burnt popcorn taste before the trench is cashed. It's a small, discrete vape, but I just wish it was convection.

Nom nom on the blue dream. One of my favorite strains ever. Blueberry is such a great strain by itself (and fantastic parent in many other strains). I love how it balances out the overly racey effects of the haze genetics in blue dream.

Yeah, I was skeptical at first because I saw that it was sativa-dominant and I was looking for something indica dominant, but when I smoked it I was surprised at how calm of a high it gave me. It reminds me of UK Cheese in that you still get the sativa head high but it's not overwhelming like some sativas/sativa dominant strains can be. I really like it.

cress2000

Got my Puffco Plus (a day late; grr usps), and I'm super happy with it. A lot more efficient with my concentrates and I need fewer hits to get where I want. Will save a lot of bones in the long run.

This Strawberry Cough wax I'm using with it is a nice, uplifting, clearheaded high.

Chabbles

I'd like a vaporizer too. One that you can really get high off because the MFLB doesn't really do it for me. But this pipe has me so high right now that I want to make a shitty AMV about it.

The plenty will fuck you up quickly. Its really good taste wise too.

PLENTY_2048x2048.png

Ashhong

Anybody have recommendation where to buy the helix bong? Maybe some coupons? Want the new one with the beaker base but goddamn it's kinda pricey

karasu

I've had the worst highs lately. I either get to this weird place where I question the reality of everything, or I go where all I do is obsess over what it would be like to lose my loved ones. Could it be the entire bag of weed is just evil, fucked, and prone to creating bad experiences? Or am I just in too dark a place? That reality thing was ROUGH. I couldn't convince myself that my experiences were real. I ended up convincing myself to just lie down until it passed but it was completely awful.

The plenty will fuck you up quickly. Its really good taste wise too.

PLENTY_2048x2048.png

Thanks I'll look into that!

Davey Cakes

I've had the worst highs lately. I either get to this weird place where I question the reality of everything, or I go where all I do is obsess over what it would be like to lose my loved ones. Could it be the entire bag of weed is just evil, fucked, and prone to creating bad experiences? Or am I just in too dark a place? That reality thing was ROUGH. I couldn't convince myself that my experiences were real. I ended up convincing myself to just lie down until it passed but it was completely awful.
Obviously you should have the most peace of mind possible before doing the stuff.

That said, I feel like certain sativa strains have given me more contemplative highs and that's not always a good thing.

I find that weed in general just exaggerates whatever mood I'm in. If you don't feel like you're in a good place mentally at the moment I'd stay away from it until you are.

Chabbles

Thanks I'll look into that!

Psychedelics enhance your current mood. Try doing something productive beforehand if its that bad.

Wolfe

Went shroom hunting today. No luck. I think it might be too hot still. Think I'll try again this time next month.

Anyone got any tips?

I got a tip, if you find any good ones send me some, I'll double check their potency for ya.

Guess that's not really a tip.

I got nothin.

cress2000

So after about 3 weeks of use, I'm actually pretty unhappy with the Puffco Plus pen.

Both of the included atomizers are dead already, replacements are very expensive, and are pretty much never in stock. Wonderful!

I bought the thing because of the Puffco Pro's good reputation, and the coil-less design seemed very appealing. A quick look at youtube and website reviews made me think I couldn't possibly go wrong with it.

But the upkeep is insane. It needs to be cleaned very frequently, else you'll get a build up of scorched carbon on the bottom which is pretty much impossible to clean once it sets. Thus the atomizer's heat transfer becomes less efficient and eventually dies from overheating because you need to run it longer for vapor production.

Because the heating element is beneath the ceramic chamber it has to get a lot hotter than vape pens with exposed coils. Thus the battery life is annoyingly short and you risk overheating it if used more than 4 times without giving it a cooldown break. And "sesh mode" probably shouldn't even be used that much consecutively.

It's a nice idea, but it's not ready for prime time. I'm sure I could have gotten a little more life out of the atomizers if I was aware of just HOW much upkeep was needed.

Pretty ridiculous waste of $110. :\

So, my break didn't last very long, just asked a friend to sort me an eighth and the Crafty is on charge. Lol.

But I've decided I'm only vaping on weekends from now on, I don't want it to become routine and lose it's charm like it did before.

MattyG

Banned
Security is patroling campus and I have a blunt waiting to be smoked. They need to go home right meow.

Edit: *Radio static* Errrrr, yeah, mission successful, we crossfaded as fuck *radio static*

ITS FUKING TAME IMPALA TIMEEEEEEEE

Nowww Gambinoooooo

Security is patroling campus and I have a blunt waiting to be smoked. They need to go home right meow.

Edit: *Radio static* Errrrr, yeah, mission successful, we crossfaded as fuck *radio static*

ITS FUKING TAME IMPALA TIMEEEEEEEE

Nowww Gambinoooooo

Heh, Matty's a stoner now eh? :p

And you just reminded me of this track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFy9JIeoALc

First time I listened to that I was high as fuck and it was incredible. Such a huge sound.

And this is another great track from the Max Payne 3 OST:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEH_LSL4rVw

Davey Cakes

The day I jump back in, man, I'm shooting for the moon. Going straight for my vape resin. I want that feeling of dancing on clouds again.

Right now when I want to get messed up I have alcohol, at least, but over time I've realized that it's just not the same.

MattyG

Banned
Heh, Matty's a stoner now eh? :p

And you just reminded me of this track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFy9JIeoALc

First time I listened to that I was high as fuck and it was incredible. Such a huge sound.

And this is another great track from the Max Payne 3 OST:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEH_LSL4rVw
LUKASSSSSS! I wouldn't say I'm a stoner, but I definitely smoke more than I used to. There's a lot more stress in my life right now and this helps (though it probably isn't the healthiest way to deal with it, but whatever.

I've only listened to Currents. Gotta go through the whole TI library. And holy shit, knew exactly which MP3 song it was gonna be. SO GOOD.

After a two+ year break from smoking I treated myself to a nice bunch of goodies. Picked up some Tangerine × Blue Power,Pineapple Express,Banana #1,and Blueberry X Blackberry. Man it feels gooooood to reunite! All are excellent but the banana and blueberry strains are devine,tangerine is awesome as well. Any tips on storing longterm in a deep freeze? Also looking for an vape pen for dry herb,something simple and effective,I only smoke on occasion now so don't need something super fancy. Been eyeball8ng snoops pens,any good?

As a major hater of vapes in general I feel a minor conversion using a cannavape. These things are incredible. I'm gonna try to stock up next time I pick up. Maybe get 4 or 5 of these things it would last me half a year.

Wolfe

80's stuff is always my fallback when I don't have anything in particular in mind in that type of situation.

Top Bottom