• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Getting high

Davey Cakes

80's stuff is always my fallback when I don't have anything in particular in mind in that type of situation.
80s action movies and comedies are pretty fun to watch while high.

Martial arts movies from any era are great too. Ip Man, Jet Li's Fearless, The Raid, anything from Jackie Chan, etc.

After a two+ year break from smoking I treated myself to a nice bunch of goodies. Picked up some Tangerine × Blue Power,Pineapple Express,Banana #1,and Blueberry X Blackberry. Man it feels gooooood to reunite! All are excellent but the banana and blueberry strains are devine,tangerine is awesome as well. Any tips on storing longterm in a deep freeze?
Don't store your cannabis in a freezer. Sealed in a mason jar in a cool dark place is the way to go. You could add a 62% Bovida pack if you want it to remain moist.

I'm at work with a huge weed hangover. It's so hard to concentrate.

Anybody else get bad hangovers? Any magical cure?

I've been trying to experiment and find out if all weed gives me hangovers, or just indica or just sativa, or just certain strain. My findings so far have been inconclusive, but crossing GDP, Bubba Kush, and OG Kush was not a good idea. Maybe I just smoked too much or maybe it was the combination of all three. My research continues.

In 12 years of smoking weed daily, I have never ever heard of anyone having a weed hangover.

I'm very jealous. I've heard many say they don't get any type of hangover which is crazy to me considering I get one almost every time I consume cannabis.

I know I'm not the only one, if you do a quick search for weed hangovers you'll get some articles about it.

N° 2048

I'm very jealous. I've heard many say they don't get any type of hangover which is crazy to me considering I get one almost every time I consume cannabis.

I know I'm not the only one, if you do a quick search for weed hangovers you'll get some articles about it.

The most important thing is water. I can't stress that enough.
If you can, vape instead of combustion and no weed an hour before bed.

Water might help. I drink a lot of water the day after but hardly much while I'm high. I'm usually couch locked too deep into some show. I'll def drink more water and see how it goes. Thanks!

I've had "residual effects" after a night with a powerful edible.

Wouldn't describe it as a hangover. For like a general fogginess.

Yeah fogginess is something I get, along with dizziness and difficulty concentrating. I guess I consider any irregularity a hangover.

Davey Cakes

I meant "more like." Stupid typo.

There were days when I would feel foggy the morning after being stoned, but honestly, I would also get the same feeling some mornings just from not sleeping enough.

I've had "residual effects" after a night with a powerful edible.

Wouldn't describe it as a hangover. More like a general fogginess.

Yep, I'll often get it in the mornings after having taken a 25mg edible dose the night before.

I vape minutes before bed to help with pain, spasms, and insomnia; but yeah, I slam a few glasses of water before laying down, or else I wake up with a major case of dry mouth.

I find it much harder to concentrate the morning after smoking. I mostly stick to weekends now.

Recently started taking tobacco out of my spliffs. Although last time I did that I went deaf in one ear for 3 days. Last week my ears got blocked up again. Seems sinus related and a mild hay fever allergy agitated by the weed.

What's the best option for vaping? I want to give up cigarettes and tobacco altogether but Vape weed

A few of my latest pickups. The Bubba Kush and GDP were fire. The GSC not so much, not really a fan.

Bubba Kush
oHNzhOd.jpg

GDP

Forum Cut GSC

Wolfe

Yep, I'll often get it in the mornings after having taken a 25mg edible dose the night before.

Is 25mg like a normal dose for edibles? I don't fuck with them much so I always forget, mentioning 25mg specifically though reminds me of the first time I tried a Korova black bar, split it with a friend and ate my half in a few bites.

Can't imagine eating a whole one of those by myself, just the half bar at 500mg got me feeling pretty damn good lol. Granted my friend had to have someone drive him home after a couple hours, I would have warned him against eating the whole half like I did, if I had any clue about dosage in relation to mg at the time lol.

No Love

Banned
Gonna post up some stuff I stock at my store here in SoCal. Let me know what you think. All pictures by me, taken with Axon 7 :)

SGoDH0v.jpg

kq9gm7A.jpg

QQ75H1X.jpg

EhunsFS.jpg

gcI8As2.jpg

SQ8ywbu.jpg

1q85O7U.jpg

hvjiHBI.jpg

yJWIX0Q.jpg

What's the best option for vaping? I want to give up cigarettes and tobacco altogether but Vape weed

If you only smoke at home then you'd be better off getting a desktop vape. If you want something that you can use at home and while out then you want a portable. Might wanna look into the Volcano or Arizer Exetreme Q vape for the former and the Crafty/Mighty or Pax 2 for the latter. I've heard good things about all of those and can personally vouch for the Crafty (although I do wish I would have paid a little more and got the Mighty for the extra battery life).

Hey, No Love, how about you hire me? I'm willing to travel from the UK and work for minimum wage. Lol

Only half joking

Is 25mg like a normal dose for edibles? I don't fuck with them much so I always forget, mentioning 25mg specifically though reminds me of the first time I tried a Korova black bar, split it with a friend and ate my half in a few bites.

Can't imagine eating a whole one of those by myself, just the half bar at 500mg got me feeling pretty damn good lol. Granted my friend had to have someone drive him home after a couple hours, I would have warned him against eating the whole half like I did, if I had any clue about dosage in relation to mg at the time lol.

I've always seen 25mg mentioned as a good starter dose for edibles, but I've also seen a lower dose mentioned. And then there are other folks who need 100+ to feel anything.

One edible here in Oregon even has tearaway points, so that you can create your own dosage.

sour-botz-dosagepng-0ebb3fdca0090713.png

Davey Cakes

For a desktop vape I recommend the Extreme Q. It's way cheaper than a Volcano and allows you to use a hose instead of bag only. Don't order directly from Arizer, though. Try another seller like Aroma-Tek. I got mine for a mere $150.

I think it can really depend on the person's tolerance. The first time I got high [after a 3 year break] I ate a 7mg edible and I was fucking HIGH. I can't imagine what 25mg would have done. I've heard here in cali that the recommended dose is 10mg for starters.

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/5-tips-to-safely-dose-and-enjoy-cannabis-edibles/

The standard dose according to Colorado’s edibles dosing guidelines is 10 milligrams, but a cannabis newbie or low-tolerance consumer should start with half of that.

So weird people talking about a weed hangover. I usually light up before a night of booze drinking, get fucking plastered and then wake up the next morning right as rain.

Might be the fact that the weed suppresses any sort of nausea and increases appetite.

My friend always complains about weed hangovers, but vaping at night always leaves me feeling very relaxed the morning after.

And in regards to edible doses, when I make coconut oil I worked out that each block is approx 25mg, which works well for me. I split one block into quarters and gave my low-tolerance friend one and he fell asleep an hour after taking it.

Can I just say something?

You folks that have such easy access to different sorts of strains and edibles are lucky.

If you access to a slow-cooker and/or an oven, coconut oil and weed then you can make edibles very easily.

So weird people talking about a weed hangover. I usually light up before a night of booze drinking, get fucking plastered and then wake up the next morning right as rain.

Might be the fact that the weed suppresses any sort of nausea and increases appetite.

The "hangover" is this type of grogginess or it can still be this "high" like feeling. It's never been a negative feeling for me so I don't mind

Not sure how to explain it besides that you're definitely feeling something lol

Davey Cakes

If you access to a slow-cooker and/or an oven, coconut oil and weed then you can make edibles very easily.
I've been making firecrackers from ABV stuff for a while with good potency. However, as my brother and I upped our intake we've been looking at more efficient methods.

Anyway, I recently bought a slow cooker for the exact purposes you mentioned!

That said, what I mean is, people in legalized areas are lucky to be able to walk into a store and just buy pretty much anything.

That said, what I mean is, people in legalized areas are lucky to be able to walk into a store and just buy pretty much anything.

Oh yeah, that would be a dream come true for me. And let us know how your coconut oil edibles come along when you get around to it. :D

Just got back from walking the dog, decided to have a vape and watch the sunset. Pretty cool end to the day.

redhood56

Banned
I'm pretty baked and now I'm arguing with people about how great chance is. I'm looking forward to trying dabs in 2 weeks. The craziest thing i've done with weed is a brownie and then a gravity bong right after.

I'm pretty baked and now I'm arguing with people about how great chance is. I'm looking forward to trying dabs in 2 weeks. The craziest thing i've done with weed is a brownie and then a gravity bong right after.

Chance the rapper?

Picked up some more Bubba Kush. Really amazing strain. Great for mild-moderate pain and depression. Just punches you with euphoria for the first hour or so, then settles to a mellow body high. Highly recommend it.

Can I just say something?

You folks that have such easy access to different sorts of strains and edibles are lucky.

It's pretty great :D California has a great medical dispensary/delivery system. Even in my hometown of <5000k people, there's a place that delivers. In November we get to vote to legalize recreational weed and have a system similar to Colorado.

Where are you from if I may ask?

cress2000

I recently replaced my Puffco Plus wax pen with an Omicron v4 after digging deeper into reddit discussions and such. Even with 4 extra atomizers, the Omicron was only marginally more expensive than just ordering 4 replacement Puffco Plus atomizers alone.

I wish I'd done the research first and just gone with this instead of jumping to conclusions and getting the Puffco Plus.

The translucent glass mouthpiece included with the Omicron is just amazing. If you put it on and toke in a mirror, it gives you incredibly valuable feedback on how much vapor you're taking in. It helps you fine tune how much you use and get the most out of your concentrates.

I've just learned an awful lot on how to vape more efficiently thanks to this, lol.

The extra atomizers/coils are cheap in bulk and super easy to clean.

Do y'all hear about Oregon banning strains whose name resembles anything kid-like? Girl Scout Cookies, Grape Ape and Charlotte's Web are just a few.

http://www.marijuana.com/blog/news/2016/10/oregon-outlaws-girl-scout-cookies/

olcc-outlawed-strains-1024x393.png

Last Friday, the Oregon Liquor Control Commission announced that effective immediately, “kid-friendly” strain names will be outlawed in the recreational market.

This new rule comes despite the fact that Oregon recreational cannabis is only sold in very secure facilities 1,000 feet away from schools or parks. Only adults 21 and over may enter Oregon’s recreational shops, where all products must be sold in child-resistant packaging.

lovejoy-think-of-the-children-16nov131.jpg

Massachusetts.

The best we have is medical at this point. Still a far cry from walking into a weed candy store. :(

That said, we're voting on Question 4 (legalization) in November. I wonder how that will go.

i feel like it will go pretty well

i know im voting yes lol

i totally get what you were saying about strains too, i don't really get a choice of the strain i get and it kinda sucks sometimes when i get one that doesn't get me that high

Davey Cakes

i feel like it will go pretty well

i know im voting yes lol

i totally get what you were saying about strains too, i don't really get a choice of the strain i get and it kinda sucks sometimes when i get one that doesn't get me that high
It's funny to look at an entire list of BANNED strains in Oregon and then think to myself "shit, I've only had access to three or four strains ever in my life."

I had Girl Scout cookie strain for the first time a couple weeks ago, fucking amazing

I didn't know the effect it wound have on me and smoke a bowl of it before going on about my day. My body was damn near shaking before I could leave my place

Top Bottom