• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Face, top 10 GOAT and best solo albums/member.

• Thread starter Deleted member 713885
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
Listening to Supreme Clientele today and I had to make this post to just drive home the point..

Ghost is top 10, maybe even top 5 EVER

And as far as his Solo joints...He, can, not, be, fucked, with /end of discussion. Dont give me that Liquid Swords is the best hipster bullshit!

ghost.jpg

Lets just go through his solo work and rock the fuck out!

Ironman

5-mics.png

61dzXALUL5L.jpg

Supreme Clientele

5-mics.png

R-257756-1371523177-8303.jpeg.jpg

BOOM Already 2 back to back 5 mic classics
Not to mention his work with both Wu albums and makign the Purple Tape one of the best albums ever.

I'm just gonna post up some more tracks to display Ghost ability from 2001ish to 2009.
Not to ground breaking but playing with R&B sounds and such.

(dont get me wrong, theirs some "meh" duds. Bullet Proof Wallets, Big Doe Rehab)

Then in 2010..Ghost hits back with a..
5-mics.png

Apollo Kids...A CLASSIC 5 mic banger!!
R-2633249-1294223078.jpeg.jpg

Whats Ghost do next?
A concept Album!!
R-4481590-1440213620-1988.jpeg.jpg

During an interview Adrian Younge revealed that Twelve Reasons To Die will serve as the score to a vintage Italian horror film, that takes place in 1968. He also cited RZA and Italian composer Ennio Morricone as two of the inspirations behind his production on the album.[6] Younge took two weeks to write the foundation of all the tracks.[7]
The album's story is set in 1960s Italy of a character of Ghostface Killah, Tony Starks. He is an enforcer for the DeLuca crime family, who is murdered by his former employers after striking out on his own and falling in love with the kingpin's daughter. His remains are melted in vinyl and pressed into a dozen LPs that, when played, resurrect him as the Ghostface Killah, a force for revenge incarnate

I'm just gonna toss the final links to songs from his next few albums..all good shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaCNG8lpZso&list=PLMCxhLJrWcjRg3ZBRbv1IpKS9QNMoHCgk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExXt21DDDY8&list=PLMCxhLJrWcjRg3ZBRbv1IpKS9QNMoHCgk&index=3

But lets also not forget his REMARKABLE album with BadBadNotGood "Sour Soul" . An album with a full jazz/hip-hop band that sounds incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWDqVZQ0O5w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-qmZ_J7WGc&list=OLAK5uy_nLWcwOxBCtHXL-5_0DBbgRGcvB5mvIvkE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YW_RqTuZMw&list=OLAK5uy_nLWcwOxBCtHXL-5_0DBbgRGcvB5mvIvkE

Lets give some love to the Wallabee Champ

sour-soul-500x500.jpg

cryptoadam

Banned
RZA is underrated Wu Tang member. Great flow, lyrics and beats. The guy was essentially the driving force behind Wu-Tang but I feel he doesn't get the respect he deserves.

Bobby Digital will always get praise from me. If I am not mistaken didn't he write most of the lyrics for the Wu?

Snoopycat

Banned
Just because you try call something hipster in a sad effort to bolster GF doesn't make it so. GZA's album has never been topped. The only one who even came close was Raekwon with Cuban Linx. Ghostface is ok but as far as Wu releases are concerned he's behind Method Man.

Last edited:

Gander

Banned
Not for lack of trying but he can't crack the top 5

1. Black Thought
2. MF Doom
3. Papoose
4. Eminem
5. Lupe Fiasco

Honorable mentions

Nas, Method Man, Redman, Snoop Dogg, Andre 3000

ILLtown

I love almost all of the debut solo albums from Wu members, and most of the second albums. RZA's production at that time was untouchable.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I really think Justin Timberlake did his best work outside of N’Sync.

I don’t know enough about rap crews or groups to properly participate, but since it was never specified that it should be hip hop...:lollipop_halo:

ILLtown

I've been thinking about this since my last post and I think the reason I rate Liquid Swords so highly is because there's 2 or 3 songs on that album that I rate more highly than any of the ones on all of the other Wu solo albums, but I ain't denying that if I was to rate each song individually out of 10 and then add up the totals that Ironman or Cuban Linx wouldn't be above that album. In fact, I know that would be the case.

Last edited:
I've been bumping "12 Reasons..." for weeks on Tidal. I honestly like it more than most of his older albums. He got boring and annoying with his whiny delivery from Fish Scale on. 12 Reasons is a nice return to form.

Bolivar687

Banned
I think Ironman, Supreme Clientele, and Pretty Toney were all overrated. There's a lot of albums from each era and subgenre that I'd put ahead of them. I'll always respect Ghost's body of work and contributions though. I think he gets a legacy bump because he was still making solid albums when the rest of Wu was really forgettable. That said, I've pretty much enjoyed everything RZA had done at all points in his career.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Shame Ghost is such a fucking joke to see live. Three times now I've been to see him and he's showed up super late, fuck up out of his mind, barely doing any verses and letting his hype men and the crowd fill in the blanks.

I will go a fourth time, because I'm a huge sucker and I love the dude.

Teletraan1

Banned
I think the content and themes from Liquid Swords have aged into this era (lol) better than a lot of the rest of the music from that time. It is not as offensive to today's sensibilities as it contains very little of the rampant homophobia and misogyny that was prevalent on other albums at the time. I think that is why it tends to get the hipster seal of approval. I also find the GZA really was a genius. He rarely repeated phrases or words like a lot of rappers do. Plus that album cover is the best. You really can't fault any RZA produced album at the time.

Here is a neat article about unique word count that I found fascinating. THE LARGEST VOCABULARY IN HIP HOP

Last edited:
Top Bottom