• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima: LEGENDS | Best Free Update of all Time?! - Boomstick Gaming

PanzerAzel

Wait a minute......are there......no changing stances? 🤔 I’m reading that they are tied to weapons?

Stances in this game are one of its greatest core strengths and are what afford variety and strategy to the combat, and it isn’t nearly as enjoyable playing limited only to one at a time. Linking them to equipment (if what I’m reading is right) has got to be up there with one of the most asinine and self-defeating design decisions I’ve yet to see in a game. They couldn’t possibly be that dumb.

Which is why I feel I have to be missing something. Someone tell me some good news, because if I can’t switch stances, my interest in this mode is gone.

Bartski

Gold Member
No, in practice it actually works just fine. There is one top-tear legendary sword that comes with all 4 stances. Normally some higher level swords can come with two, that's kind of the point and working the battlefield with your team mates having different skills and stance abilities.

Last edited:
Wait a minute......are there......no changing stances? 🤔 I’m reading that they are tied to weapons?

Stances in this game are one of its greatest core strengths and are what afford variety and strategy to the combat, and it isn’t nearly as enjoyable playing limited only to one at a time. Linking them to equipment (if what I’m reading is right) has got to be up there with one of the most asinine and self-defeating design decisions I’ve yet to see in a game. They couldn’t possibly be that dumb.

Which is why I feel I have to be missing something. Someone tell me some good news, because if I can’t switch stances, my interest in this mode is gone.
You're making this bigger deal than it is. Stances now works like perks you equip before going into matchmaking. I have no trouble with not having to change them in game. Combat is as good as it was imo.

Bryank75

Banned
No, in practice it actually works just fine. There is one top-tear legendary sword that comes with all 4 stances. Normally some higher level swords can come with two, that's kind of the point and working the battlefield with your team mates having different skills and stance abilities.
I think that's really cool, gives you stuff to work towards.

CrysisFreak

Banned
When it comes to free updates, this is basically unrivaled, curbstomping other companies and games into the ground.
It's not even close.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
It will be up to 60fps with game boost, that was announced. I just don't want them to make a ps5 version a la insomniac and get screwed

Does anywhere mention or even speculate on what resolution the 60fps mode is at? Seems like if it was 4K they would shout it from the rooftops.

cudiye

Saving ng+ for ps5. I’m enjoying the fuck out of legends tho, nightmare modes are notoriously difficult, but i like the challenge.

Bartski

Gold Member
bragging rights

oI6qciS.jpg

SkylineRKR

That guy is 100% right.

Legends is flat out better than those fucking games and they should be fucking ashamed.

Why?

Because Legends is a free mode ofcourse. But it has solid mechanics that aren't just based around DPS. Ofcourse its better to be on level (which works with Gear score), but you do level up appropriately after beating all Bronze, and then all Silver. You're likely close to 80 and you can beat Gold if you're slightly underleveled. Because this game is also about skill. Playing smart by picking off the right enemies, having a good bow aim (or using hallucination on those pesky Oni), parrying and blocking helps you just as much as it did in the story mode. Having good levels and gear makes the margin of error bigger, and your damage higher which means you have a more efficient time. But its not impossible.

Also, the missions are legit good. Teamwork is required. There aren't many levels, 10 ish and 4 survival, but the modifiers keep them fresh. Sometimes you have the element modifier thrown in and you need appropriate colors to beat the enemies. This means your team mate needs to pick the other color and attack his own enemies. Most of the time it works, sometimes I'm thrown in with what seems to be an oblivious player but after some pinging he gets it. I beat this weeks Story Nightmare mode with a random who was on point with everything. Though I also failed a shit ton. But this is the hardest challenge in the mode, I was even surprised I could fully beat it with a random. And it was hard as balls, that fucking last enemy wave.

The classes are good. I'm rocking a hunter (which is likely the most broken class right now), I am consistently scoring highest kills in Gold survival. I don't have the Legendary Longbow yet (its my goal), but I have a build based on headshot damage, ranged damage, Fire DoT damage bonus and effect duration. In short, my fire is causing some serious shit. I just see the health bars depleting. I also rolled an epic sticky bomb with ignite, near max blast radius and damage bonus. I do have the legendary, but its not as good imho (despite the damage heals your team perk). I rather slot the Masamune with maxed Damage and Oni Damage bonus, it has 20% chance to deal double damage on top. But its just Wind stance. I'll bench it once I have the longbow, lol. 2 Legendaries is an option, but you lose the 50% body shot = headshot damage chance. I also have the Legendary Caltrops which I love, it causes Weaken, stunlock and I have the perk that increases the number of caltrops thrown.

Last edited:
Top Bottom