• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Recon: Wildlands Ghost War (4v4 PvP) beta Sept 21-25, don't need base game

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN-4pD6wf14

VentureBeat said:
Ubisoft’s Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands is getting a new 4-on-4 mode called Ghost War. It’ll be available as a limited-time open beta from September 21 to September 25, though players will be able to download and preload it starting on September 19. The beta will be free to play on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One, and folks who don’t own the original game will be able to play it as a standalone title.

“With Ghost Recon: Wildlands Ghost War, we want to deliver the ultimate co-op experience in a 4-vs.-4 team deathmatch mode,” said an Ubisoft spokesperson in an email. “This intense PVP mode focuses on teamwork, strategy and tensed tactical engagements. It requires both communication and strategic skills.
The open beta will feature five maps and six classes.
Source: https://venturebeat.com/2017/09/13/...-pvp-mode-enters-open-beta-test-september-21/

sjay1994

This is a seprate mode they'll release on it's own?

Or do you need to have the base game to play the full MP (not beta)

Somewhat interested, but hard to really get into the game with such terrible vehicle controls. It really is detrimental to the enjoyment.

Just noticed this is up on the UK store. Never played Wildlands but it's free so I'll give it a shot. No idea what the mode actually is though.

Edit: Just noticed there's a video right above me.

UrbanRats

Doesn't seem like something i'd enjoy.
I loved/love the base game though (especially in coop).

The best Ghost Recon game since the first one.

autoduelist

Can't wait. If it's solid, maybe it'll steal some time from TLOUR.

Now I just need to remember how to play... darn, what a fun game that was.

RE: Vehicle handling... didn't really bother me. I was ace with a chopper and you generally just drive cars through the wilderness [rather than follow roads to save time] til they crash.

Ashtar

So I played maybe 5 matches and it's pretty fun. I actually didn't win a single match but still had fun.

It actually reminds me of the PVP of Ghost Recon 2 on original xbox, it's not quite as deadly as Ghost Recon OG with the slow movement and taking one shot. It's kind of run and gun-y but still has enough strategizing to make it fun.

When your the last man standing it really gets the adrenaline pumping.
It seems like it'd be more fun with a good group

It's really lame

It's a whole bunch of waiting behind cover waiting for your drone to cooldown so you can mark enemies.

Also really? One hit kill snipers in 2017? Ubi please.

MUnited83

For you.
It's really lame

It's a whole bunch of waiting behind cover waiting for your drone to cooldown so you can mark enemies.

Also really? One hit kill snipers in 2017? Ubi please.
Drones are really easy to destroy. I've found it's not that hard to be able to sneak upon enemies, actually.

The whole objective of simply "kill everyone" is also pretty weak. You don't have any secondary goals to strive for and win the game. It's all about just taking out the other team. You have little incentive to push forward. Once you get a kill, the best tactic is to camp the body and keep a watch out for enemies attempting a revive.

The whole objective of simply "kill everyone" is also pretty weak. You don't have any secondary goals to strive for and win the game. It's all about just taking out the other team. You have little incentive to push forward. Once you get a kill, the best tactic is to camp the body and keep a watch out for enemies attempting a revive.

Theres a recon tower in the center

And its tdm

autoduelist

I'm loving it. No issue with drones, they die easy. And i don't put drones up, so I'm never 'waiting' for them to recharge. Killing drone users is fun.

Also there is a new mode coming at some point.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Man couldn't get into it unfortunately, cause I loved the campaign. Aggression seems to be punished, lots of crawling around and camping behind cover with the 3rd person camera. Too slow for my tastes :(

UrbanRats

Like real snipers. :p

TheZink

So I played maybe 5 matches and it's pretty fun. I actually didn't win a single match but still had fun.

It actually reminds me of the PVP of Ghost Recon 2 on original xbox, it's not quite as deadly as Ghost Recon OG with the slow movement and taking one shot. It's kind of run and gun-y but still has enough strategizing to make it fun.

When your the last man standing it really gets the adrenaline pumping.
It seems like it'd be more fun with a good group
Man this is all I needed to hear. I’m in.

UrbanRats

Yes, real snipers often watch out for enemy combatants attempting to perform necromancy.

You're not dead, you're downed/incapacitated.
Your character even animates and breathes, so yeah, it's like that classic scene from Full Metal Jacket, or even Metal Gear Solid.

Lanrutcon

You're not dead, you're downed/incapacitated.
Your character even animates and breathes, so yeah, it's like that classic scene from Full Metal Jacket, or even Metal Gear Solid.

Ah. Can you not just...kill the downed enemy? Pew pew, Rainbow Six style.

Foxxsoxx

Yeah my biggest gripe.

Nothing pushes the momentum forward.

Theecliff

Banned
anyone playing this on ps4? i actually think this seems pretty interesting but much like siege is probably a lot more enjoyable going in with a communicating team. had a go at my first match before and whilst i was pleased to get a few kills we got absolutely smashed by a seemingly well coordinated team.

Damn, you're right. Servers will be down for 10 hours. I have the day off too and was planning on playing all day. I'm downloading it now and just assumed it'd be good to go once it's done.

Top Bottom