• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Recon: Wildlands looks unbelievable, what the hell?

Put this in the OT, too (don't hate):

This game is too dark at night!

I don't want to use NV goggles -- looks gross

I don't want to turn off HDR -- looks great during the day

I don't want turn up the brightness tons -- again ruins daytime graphics

What did you do about this?

nOoblet16

Yes Ghost Recon Wildlands is beautiful, but everything feels so artificial. I'm fine with there being nothing to do but the vehicle handling just exacerbates the open world's main issue in that everything feels the same despite looking so different. You can literally flip cars over while they are upside down from inside the car by holding the gas.

How is that an issue ? The reason cars do that is quite obviously a gameplay convenience than a lack of "realism" and Wildlands wouldn't be the first game to do it.

The game is full of variable terrain and it's super easy to end up flipping your car, you don't want to search for a vehicle half the time if you end up toppling it over every 5 mins.

And why is that an issue that has anything to do with the rest of your post?
The reason cars do that is quite obviously a gameplay convenience than a lack of "realism" and Wildlands wouldn't be the first game to do it.

Nooblet chime in on my HDR issue! You know your shit ...

Put this in the OT, too (don't hate):

This game is too dark at night!

I don't want to use NV goggles -- looks gross

I don't want to turn off HDR -- looks great during the day

I don't want turn up the brightness tons -- again ruins daytime graphics

What did you do about this?

Lol yeah it can be really dark. I didn't mind NV but if I didn't want to use it I found turning off lights in my room helped. Mainly my second monitor since it was blasting a pretty bright background at me. Also I wasn't even using HDR and it can be pretty much pitch black at night sometimes.

Klocker

Wow. Surprised at how much I am enjoying this game

Really chock full of stuff and plays however you want.

Don't care how lame story is I'm just digging the mechanics and the upgrades and all the weapons.

Flying around in helos and dirt biking fun too

...I was thinking the game isn't dark enough o.0 feel like I never need to use NV. wonder if I tend to have my TV screen a touch lighter than recommended heheh

It looks amazing at night though.... man when the sun comes down and it starts to rain, sometimes you just get these perfect infiltration set pieces.

I was playing it a bit last night, and I've been trying to avoid using helos... so I finished the last of the manufacturing regions and I wanted to start in Security by going after that Unidad province, and I traveled there all the way by river....

was pretty gorgeous going all the way from near that waterfall in the northeast corner down past the the cocoa farms, the cigar boats and the entrance to the resort lake, the central arid area and then alongside that province burned by forest fires, and then into the south-east's heavier forests.

one of my favorite details is all the local economies... the cocoa farms in the north and north east... go down south and you find lumber mills.

the towns are actually pretty well detailed, too. i spent 10m or so exploring a small town and the artificial detail, while just there for aesthetic, is pretty impressive. so many details in alleys, city parks, tombs, clothes lines, etc.

Lanrutcon

Been playing this more lately. It doesn't run fantastically on my rig (figure it's a CPU/RAM issue), but still good enough to be fun.

Strangely enough, I'm finding dirt biking to be the most fun part of the game. The shooting/assault has gotten a bit stale since getting the .50 cal sniper rifle an a fully kitted drone. I'm also out of assault rifles to find, and the M4A1 seems to just be king in general.

Glad this sold well. I want to see the next step in the FC/Division/Wildlands evolution.

Top Bottom