• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Song Kickstarter - Metroid meets Dark Souls - GAFer made - funded!

Mr. Helios

Neo Member
Unity Pro is $1,500. Additional Pro licenses are $1,500 each. So if you wanted iOS Pro and Android Pro, that would be $1,500 + $1,500 + $1,500.. You can't get just iOS Pro or Android Pro without the "base" Pro license either.

Jobbs

Banned
thanks everyone, comments absorbed, body growing, etc. :)

I've also shilled the project at work. Maybe that'll help.

I really appreciate this. it floors me that people spend their own time promoting something for me. you have my sincere thanks. :)

Of course i'm backing the fuck out of this!

thanks man ---- have you considered kickstarting generations? people love this kind of game, and you've put in your dues spending months/years (is it years?) working on it on your own time.

thanks man ---- have you considered kickstarting generations? people love this kind of game, and you've put in your dues spending months/years (is it years?) working on it on your own time.

I been sat on a prepared kickstarter since the end of last year but don't feel right launching it without enough solid game to show off, maybe one day but I might just not bother.

Best of luck with your game, your kickstarter is going to cruise past 15k.

Backed of course and happy it's almost there, got to thinking about requests, wish you luck and please think of these as only suggestions, I'm not adamant just brainstorming:

- New Game+ : maybe a second play through with increased stats but upped enemy values and spawns

- "Codex" : compilation of lore, environ details, stats if you feels the need

- hardcore mode: I know you want a challenge to success, but please think about optional mean mode

Edit: and developer commentary mode like Valve does

Either way, just happy to see a fan made metroidvania with heady sci-fi!

Jobbs

Banned
re. stretch goals: in terms of things to put into the game, I have two solid, grounded, reasonable, totally awesome ideas that I'm definitely going to include as stretches.

In addition to those two things, I may round it out with some other stuff...

the codex is a good idea, I'm thinking about how that'd work exactly.

also -- new game+ and hardcore mode -- I like these, and I'm trying to determine exactly how hardcore mode would work in this type of game. I was kinda thinking it'd just be really mean and hard. permadeath is another thoguht but that might be TOO mean.

boss rush is promising. I think I like that.

DTU

Banned
Bw6FKOa.jpg

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Backed, but I'm hoping you know exactly what made Super Metroid so perfect.

To word this... politely, I'm not liking those human concept art characters cropping up on the page since I last checked. Definitely don't bog this thing down in textbox conversations and the like please or too many non-interactive cutscenes.

Congrats! On to the stretch goals!

Just remember to do what you feel fits your vision, before getting bogged down by port requests (as much as i'd love to see this on Vita/ps4).

Alric

Nice, definitely going to back this. Hopefully it'll get a release on handhelds at some point like the Vita. Would be nice to play on the go.

Jobbs

Banned
thanks all!

Backed, but I'm hoping you know exactly what made Super Metroid so perfect.

To word this... politely, I'm not liking those human concept art characters cropping up on the page since I last checked. Definitely don't bog this thing down in textbox conversations and the like please or too many non-interactive cutscenes.

thanks. I grew up playing super metroid over and over, if that helps. I remember drawing metroids in my notebook when I couldn't be playing.

re. the characters -- there are no textboxes for dialogue at all. when people speak, it's during gameplay, and you hear them. no button prompts to "trigger" them, no cut scenes, no control lost (well, except during extremely specific, rare cases) It'll be full VO and totally ambient/natural. All this is important to me.

Gbraga

re. stretch goals: in terms of things to put into the game, I have two solid, grounded, reasonable, totally awesome ideas that I'm definitely going to include as stretches.

In addition to those two things, I may round it out with some other stuff...

the codex is a good idea, I'm thinking about how that'd work exactly.

also -- new game+ and hardcore mode -- I like these, and I'm trying to determine exactly how hardcore mode would work in this type of game. I was kinda thinking it'd just be really mean and hard. permadeath is another thoguht but that might be TOO mean.

boss rush is promising. I think I like that.

Boss Rush would be so godlike TT_TT

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Congrats, Jobbs! And there's still 28 days to go! This'll be great.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
thanks all!

thanks. I grew up playing super metroid over and over, if that helps. I remember drawing metroids in my notebook when I couldn't be playing.

re. the characters -- there are no textboxes for dialogue at all. when people speak, it's during gameplay, and you hear them. no button prompts to "trigger" them, no cut scenes, no control lost (well, except during extremely specific, rare cases) It'll be full VO and totally ambient/natural. All this is important to me.

Good to hear. Are you familiar with the Knytt series of indie games? I've not been a big fan of the commercial and more recent ones, but for ambient sound effects and sense of place its top of class.

I know you've got a lot of placeholder stuff in at the moment, hence a bit of ear-bleeding scratchy volume to all the stuff, but while you seem to have got damn fine musicians on board, don't forget the effect of no music and just a rush of wind or gushing waterfall and suchforth.

Congrats on being funded anyway!

Jobbs

Banned
Boss Rush would be so godlike TT_TT

I think we're just going to flat out do this and not put it as a stretch. it's not that hard to set up after you already design all your bosses. I'm moving toward just wanting my stretches to be non-frivolous and really substantive.

I think we're just going to flat out do this and not put it as a stretch. it's not that hard to set up after you already design all your bosses. I'm moving toward just wanting my stretches to be non-frivolous and really substantive.

That's great to hear.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Just upped my backing to $10 and I don't even play PC games. This will probably be my first PC Indie. Still hoping for that Wii U stretch.

Nice stretch goals you have planned. Hopefully we can raise enough to blow past those as well!

You hear back form any of the console makers yet? Interested to see if any are responsive. An indie getting 15k in 48 hours is pretty amazing.

Top Bottom