• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective. ios. Universal. Worldwide release. $10. Out today!

Tunic

Definitely going to get this! It has been on my list for purchase on the DS but I hear there is a demo of a few chapters for iOS users. I may give it a spin and then I will know for sure if I would like to get it for the DS. I have a feeling I already know the answer to that question but still I am excited to at least try it out!

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
App Store Game of the Week!
UCPRx.gif

Yanksfan

Not double dipping on this at the moment, but I am happy to see a lot of people get a chance to play it that never did before. Hopefully the sales from both DS and iOS will be big enough to keep pushing forward other similar games.

Is trading in the DS version advisable? I bought it for $15 off Amazon but never even touched it.

IMO both versions have their strengths, and it's really a matter of which device you're more likely to want to play it on.

Lazy iPad port (looks terrible), but fun game.

I'm not really getting the iPad graphics hate. It's a little pixelated, sure, but hardly to the point that it looks bad. It's still optimal to play on iPhone or iPod Touch of course, since that's what the app was originally designed for (it wasn't made a universal app until later on in Japan).

megalowho

Replaying this on an iPad and it's just making me so happy. Everything feels as right as I hoped it would, and I think the game looks great, jaggies and all.

A free 2 chapter download with the option to buy the rest later is the perfect model for this game too. I'd forgotten how good the opening is at throwing a whole bunch of mysteries and twists at you right of the bat. Don't think I can resist buying and going through again, ya got me Capcom!

Neat thing I just found by accident: if you swipe up on an open dialogue box, it brings up a log of all recent dialogue. Great if you want to review or missed something.

... why don't the phones in this game have cords?

Neat thing I just found by accident: if you swipe up on an open dialogue box, it brings up a log of all recent dialogue. Great if you want to review or missed something.

Check out the Help section. It's pretty adorable and informative!

Gileadxv

Banned
Gah! I was so excited to try this game, alas, I have an iPhone 3G, and I couldn't transfer it over from my iTunes. Well, now I suppose I have something to look forward to when I upgrade. Looks like a very interesting game!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

Ah, so that's how you do it. I was wondering if that feature was left out from the DS

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa. Time to play again. It's about time.

bigace33

That's great news. Would really love this for Android though(Samsung Galaxy tab). Maybe my wife will let me download it on her Iphone. :*(

There sure are a lot of credit pages devoted to Matt Gemmell.

Also, just noticed all the achievements are worth either 4 or 44 points. 4, of course, can be read "shi", or death. pfffffffft

There sure are a lot of credit pages devoted to Matt Gemmell.

Also, just noticed all the achievements are worth either 4 or 44 points. 4, of course, can be read "shi", or death. pfffffffft

lol. I was at first... 18 pages of tutorial?? But then most of them are credits. A bit weird that there aren't a separate section for those.

Jimrpg

is this game hard? I had major trouble with phoenix wright (the first one).... finished it without a faq though... but i was on the train for 11 hours... and got stuck for ages and ages and ages on some things.... gave me the shits....

Emitan

is this game hard? I had major trouble with phoenix wright (the first one).... finished it without a faq though... but i was on the train for 11 hours... and got stuck for ages and ages and ages on some things.... gave me the shits....

There are 14 chapters I think. I've made it to 6. I'm fucking stupid. Game is easy so far, but not so easy it's boring.

Aaron

He's the game with a great story that people always wanted. Or at least great characters that might make the story seem better than it is. The mechanics that tie it together are interesting without being frustrating. I don't see what people are complaining about the graphics, though maybe because I'm used to characters in games like Another World.

The only frustrating part is 1 ... stealth mission later.

Took me 2 tries.

Nothing too bad, especially compare to other ios stuff which tend to get devilishly tricky.

Celine

Nope, it's very linear.

Jubern

Bought and played the first two chapters yesterday. It's amazing. I somehow totally forgot about this game soon after it came out and never got to play it until now, and I really regret it now.

Oh well, thanks Capcom, time to blast through the game!

Damn, that's attention to detail

This is, of course, also probably the whole reason why the rewind time is 4 minutes in the first place. gdi japan

How far are people so far? I cruised through chapter 4 or so at a leisurely pace last night. Taking it slow since this time I'm taking the effort to see every last bit of dialogue, so I'm reaching every Time Is Up screen and visiting every locale multiple times before proceeding to the one that advances the game.
Amelie dreaming about the fictional "Mr. Prime Minister" was really, really creepy.

Keasar

Just completed the game. And I gotta say, this is absolutely my favourite iPhone game so far.

Best. Ending. Ever!

Vire

What a wonderful little gem. I'm sad that I passed on this when it released for the DS.

Hopefully it'll sell well on iOS to warrant a sequel. Really really enjoying it.

Guys, I just played the first chapter on my iPad and loved it. Didn't care for the touch controls though--anyone know if the DS version had better controls? I'd pay the $5-$10 premium for better controls if need be, but if they are about the same I'll get the iOS version.

Feels like forever, I've waited for this to come out on iOS. I'm loving it. Everyone I've shown it to, has bought it. Awesome.

Ridley327

Guys, I just played the first chapter on my iPad and loved it. Didn't care for the touch controls though--anyone know if the DS version had better controls? I'd pay the $5-$10 premium for better controls if need be, but if they are about the same I'll get the iOS version.

Well, they're obviously stylus driven. I think the higher framerate of the DS version makes them more responsive, but not necessarily more accurate.

Firebrand

I don't know about "better", but you can use the D-pad and buttons on the DS, which is how I preferred it.

(The D-pad controls work similar to a radial menu. The line from the current location will gradually but quickly extend outwards, changing between the 8 directions will rotate the marker to the new location and you'll attach to the first thing the line touches. Mostly works fine, sometimes you might attach onto another core than you intended.)

Ridley327

ENDING-RELATED SPOILER
You know, I never noticed this before, but they kinda goofed on the bit during the credits with the rock star; he's still wearing his prison garb while Sausage Head isn't.

Sidzed2

Hi all, I just saved between chapters (when prompted) and quit. When I restart the game, it puts me back halfway through the chapter I just completed - anyone gave an idea why I've lost so much progress???

I urge everyone who did not get this on DS to pick it up. It is a steal for $10 and keeps you guessing until the very end.

Also, do not use a walkthrough, it makes it so much better.

Top Bottom