• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire Official Teaser Trailer

Fbh

The previous one with these kids was terrible and I see no reason for this one to be different

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Man I hate movie trailers. They make all movies look/sound the same even when they are very different from each other.

RSLAEV

I really liked Patton Oswald in Ratatouille and Big Fan, but now he just nauseates me. I was meh on the trailer until he showed up, then I just shut it off.

sinnergy

Looking very much forward to this , loved the first 80s ghostbusters movie (not 2) and legacy . I am sure we will enjoy this .

Krathoon

Patton Oswalt is the Ray replacement. I see where they are going with this.

They might kill off some of the original Ghostbusters in this one.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Looks cool.

Leonardo Dicaprio Reaction GIF by Once Upon A Time In Hollywood
GIF by moodman

Ironbunny

Previous one with the kids was good and had the Ghost Busters vipe so really looking forward for this one. Trailer looks nice.

Krathoon

They are trying to transition to a new team of Ghostbusters.

It is kind of interesting the they are using a family.

Krathoon

I like how the villain is actually a really deadly villain and people are dying.

This new Ghostbusters seems to retain that darkness.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I don't even remember what happened in the last one. These studios really can't think of anything new.

There's just something about the sound that ghostbusters hit from the original, the piano flourish, hearing the sound effects for the proton packs or the Ecto1, they bring back so much nostalgia and happy memories

br1luaz.gif

Krathoon

That was the charm of the Afterlife movie. They brought back Ramis as a ghost.

It was like giving the finger to death.

Billbofet

Oh come the fuck on. There's legitimate complaints and then there's complaining to shitake edgelord. It was the perfect way to handle Ramis.

egon-afterlife.gif
How about just not including him or the others and making something original and new within a universe where all this shit happened and is possible..........

nkarafo

Girl spengler and Ant-man were the only parts of Afterlife that I liked. They should have ditched the rest of the new cast.
But... DIvERsiTY

Oh come the fuck on. There's legitimate complaints and then there's complaining to shitake edgelord. It was the perfect way to handle Ramis.
It was all nostalgia bait. Both him and the rest of the old cast. And all the reference quotes.

Last edited:
I'm a huge Ghostbusters fan and I thought Afterlife was crap. Only the 2016 movie was worse.

The only good thing about this movie is it finally takes place in New York City again where it seems more proper.

Video game that came out around 2009 was pretty awesome, although.
Finally? There was only one movie that wasn’t in NY.

How do most naysayers in here even watch movies anymore?

Last edited:

Sonik

"The perfect way to handle a dead actor was the reanimate his corpse with CG"

Unimpressed Uh Huh GIF

They used his voice for a while and I thought "hey that's a little exploitative but still subtle, I'm fine with this" and then that scene happened and I started laughing out loud because of how ridiculous the whole situation was. How can people this dumb handle multimillion dollar projects I'll never understand, humanity is managed by imbeciles

jason10mm

Gold Member
They used his voice for a while and I thought "hey that's a little exploitative but still subtle, I'm fine with this" and then that scene happened and I started laughing out loud because of how ridiculous the whole situation was. How can people this dumb handle multimillion dollar projects I'll never understand, humanity is managed by imbeciles
If Ramis' estate is ok with it, I don't see the problem. It was touching and deftly done IMHO. If Egon was to have a larger role then recasting would be better, I'd rather not see CG replicas of deceased actors in primary roles (or cobbled together stuff like Leia in ROS) versus a recast but I think afterlife hit it just right.

Sonik

If Ramis' estate is ok with it, I don't see the problem. It was touching and deftly done IMHO. If Egon was to have a larger role then recasting would be better, I'd rather not see CG replicas of deceased actors in primary roles (or cobbled together stuff like Leia in ROS) versus a recast but I think afterlife hit it just right.

If the spoiled kids of a dead actors who'll get plenty of money for shit like this (and I'm not just talking about Ramis here but in general) think it's OK for Hollywood imbeciles to desecrate their memory with CGI monstrosities and ridiculously tasteless member berries I guess who am I to laugh my ass off at this shit, right?

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
The last time I went to the cinema to see Ghostbusters, I came out dissatisfied.

If it's the same as it's just a cameo from the original group for 15 minutes, I'll pass.

I don't like new actors, but rather classic ones.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
The last time I went to the cinema to see Ghostbusters, I came out dissatisfied.

If it's the same as it's just a cameo from the original group for 15 minutes, I'll pass.

I don't like new actors, but rather classic ones.
I think new stuff is more geared towards kids. The origi was meant for adults kids just loved it.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
GB2 is one of the most underrated movies in history, largely because it’s following up one of the greatest films in history. Yes, it’s a retread of the original in many ways, but it’s still hilarious in its own right

ManaByte

Gold Member
Well, funny enough Ghostbusters 2 was clearly toned down for kids compared to 1. There was still a bit of adult humor occasionally and such, but definitely nowhere on the level of 1.

Ghostbusters 2 came out at the height of The Real Ghostbusters popularity.

Top Bottom