Subscribers are starting to get the new issue and Foxmann250 on the IG forums has posted some details:
- They recap R2
- Capelli started a family with Susan (Hale's Stepsister)
- Malikov LIVES!!
- They confirm 2-player co-op campaign (Capelli, Malikov, & John Harper [Capelli's partner]) are key characters (but no alternate story co-op like R2)
- They describe a couple scenes (some related to the leaked images)
- One of the multiplayer maps is in an African Prison
- Chimeran Plant Life (that explodes when shot) shows that the world is changing
- Describes some boat scenes from the campaign
- Talk about the new smarter AI (climb over walls, and through windows and stuff)
- Long legs jumping from roof to roof shooting down at you
- The Mutator:
A new weapon that shoots biological mist that causes boils and stuff on the enemy and then makes them pop hurting the other nearby enemies
Secondary fire makes them go insane and attack their buddies
- Other Weapons:
Bullseye, Magnum, Shotgun, Auger, carbine are all back... and all weapons are upgradable as you use them more and more
Weapons are also made to look more improvised so... grenades are shaped like food cans full of nails and such...
- Online was talked about but not much is known yet:
it says they wanna make it more organized and not a cluster like the 60 player matches in R2
- Also Ted Price handed the reigns to Marcus Smith to do alot of the other work
- Humans eating humans cuz lack of food... NICE!
-Move control TBD
-And jstevenson has confirmed that the weapon wheel is back!
From James on IG's forums:
it's totally the continuation of the story..... the world is shattered, the Chimera have basically won... and now its about survival and something very much in particular.
The main thing is, Capelli isn't going to NYC to save Jack or get him the Hale Vaccine. That vaccine widely exists in 1957 amongst survives. He has other reasons that will be made more clear later.