• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GI November cover: Resistance 3 (Another thread claimed for The Last Guardian)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why I was incredulous that the whole campaign is in a playable state right now. I mean, this is fuckin' Insomniac we're talking about here. :D

badcrumble said:
I don't know why I was incredulous that the whole campaign is in a playable state right now. I mean, this is fuckin' Insomniac we're talking about here. :D

I hope the sp campaign is not too short. R1 is pretty lengthy for an fps if I remember it right. something about that length would be great.

Massa

jstevenson said:
Tighter focus all the way around is a huge theme of this production. It is already paying off (I just played through the campaign over the last couple of days. :))

Was the stalker moving around? :lol

Can't wait for this game! I hope the September date is the real one. :D

DuckRacer

jstevenson said:
the guy with the mag answered the weapon on IG... so I'll say it here:

The weapon wheel makes a glorious return in R3.
Seriously? Carrying fifteen different types of weapons (plus ammo for each of them) is completely unrealistic. I loved R2's system, it let me use unique weapons in situations much more often compared to R:FoM, where you seem to only get ammo for the standard rifle, shotgun and bullseye. :\ Really disappointed.

Massa

DuckRacer said:
Seriously? Carrying fifteen different types of weapons (plus ammo for each of them) is completely unrealistic. I loved R2's system, it let me use unique weapons in situations much more often compared to R:FoM, where you seem to only get ammo for the standard rifle, shotgun and bullseye. :\ Really disappointed.

You sob. :lol

Robot 492

Banned
DuckRacer said:

ahaha :p

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
DuckRacer said:
Seriously? Carrying fifteen different types of weapons (plus ammo for each of them) is completely unrealistic. I loved R2's system, it let me use unique weapons in situations much more often compared to R:FoM, where you seem to only get ammo for the standard rifle, shotgun and bullseye. :\

Here we go...

More realistic than "oh a boss, oh, here's a rocket launcher conveniently laying on the ground with ammo next to him/her"

Seriously, it's much better that they allow you to collect weapon's but control the ammo drops intelligently, also collecting weapons is fun.

JS,

Can you also confirm that bringing the weapon wheel up will pause the game like in RFoM?

I actually liked this as it gave me time to think about my next move in a tight spot and assess my weapons and ammo, it added a strategic element to the game, for me anyway.

thuway

DuckRacer said:

ShutTheFuckUp.jpg

thuway

EktorPR said:
If Resistance 3 has no team-based online coop it will shatter my heart in teeny-tiny little pieces. :(

I don't care if its in one way or the other. The online-co-op featured in Resistance 2 was just playing through a bunch of stages over and over again. The enemies were bullet sponges, the graphics were sub par, and there was a general feeling of staleness all over it.

I like the Campaign Co-Op approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom