• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

that staff
GB family is growing.

No more small business man

Rorie is technically not part of Giant Bomb, but CBSi directly (he does a lot of the same behind the scenes stuff for Comic Vine). But he's so important for the site that it's natural to regard him as a staff member, at least in spirit!

Teddified

BTW I'm Tedified or Teddified on Steam and Teddified on PSN if anyone wants to add me, I don't really play multiplayer but it would be nice to have friends for no good reason other then to see a number.

Jothel

When I get home I guess it will be time to try and remember whether I actually ever bought Stadium, or just Canyon... Played sooooo much Canyon. What a game.

daydream

Banned
i wanted to jump out but then a pursuing my true self remix came on and now i have to stay sigh

driving on this dirt environment is like driving on soap

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kind of off-topic but I can never find a good place to ask. What's a good 1TB Hard drive for the PS4 and what's a good like 200ish gb hard drive for the wii u

So with all this talk of high octane motor eSports I highly recommend that anyone picking up Rocket League on PC add me on steam so I can have cool friends to play rocket league with

quote to reveal steam ID

Edit: adding you ricochet

kai3345

Banned
So with all this talk of high octane motor eSports I highly recommend that anyone picking up Rocket League on PC add me on steam so I can have cool friends to play rocket league with

quote to reveal steam ID

is that game going to be f2p? there isnt a price on their steam page

What Tails above me said. There's a limit of 400(or 200 if you're viewing 100 posts per page) pages to a thread, which is usually around the 20,000th post.

This thread should last a good month and a half.

It's funny how fast these go by now. I remember back when I was lurking y'all were on thread 1 and 2 forever.

I'm catching up on Quick Looks I missed, and I am so confused by Sunset. Alex and Austin are talking like it has a lot to say, but it just looks like the most boring I'm-in-PolySci101-and-just-learned-Unity kind of "art project." Austin says somebody is probably writing a defense piece about this game, but I fail to see how anybody could muster any kind of feeling about it one way or another.

Did I miss some key detail about Sunset?

I'm catching up on Quick Looks I missed, and I am so confused by Sunset. Alex and Austin are talking like it has a lot to say, but it just looks like the most boring I'm-in-PolySci101-and-just-learned-Unity kind of "art project." Austin says somebody is probably writing a defense piece about this game, but I fail to see how anybody could muster any kind of feeling about it one way or another.

Austin wrote a defensive-ish piece on it. I mentioned in the last thread how I disliked the tone of Austin-That he almost sounded apologetic to the game- and that they both obviously threw softballs at it.

I mean, I get that the studio is DOA, and you don't wanna belittle their artistic effort, but goddamn it was boring.(The game was boring, not their attempting to show it and the talk they had about it)

frankly it's only significant in its insignificance

if it hadn't sank the company, nobody outside of the thousand or so people who bought it would even know it existed

Oooh, Sunset is what spurred all the public funding stuff Austin was writing about. I guess I need to read that. Cool.

Still, it looks like a bad game and they talked about it the whole time like it was doing something worthwhile while failing to define what that was, exactly.

it's a sorta unremarkable game from a developer with an important predigee that also threw a hissy fit when the game didn't sell. and then some weird people latched onto it as an example of art games not being important to people outside of the industry bubble. that's kinda all I've gotten from it.

Oooh, Sunset is what spurred all the public funding stuff Austin was writing about. I guess I need to read that. Cool.

Still, it looks like a bad game and they talked about it the whole time like it was doing something worthwhile while failing to define what that was, exactly.

Austin was the bigger offender, Alex was simply listening and responding. Like, Austin would be like 'Hey do this! Check the mail! This is probably whats happening in the story but it's not telling you!' Alex was more like 'Ok why isn't this door opened. Did I put the mail on the table? I don't remember doing that.'

It was interesting to hear that dynamic of them talking, but the set piece could've been better.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean I kinda understand Austin's points that I really appreciate mundane places like a room or house being recreated in a game.

Pity that the way you interact with it seems pretty boring.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Trackmania was everything I expected. Persona dubstep, Cher, glitchesarecool complaining about dubstep. It's just as advertised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom