• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anjin M

Wow, Myggen is already off to a fast start with more posts than the next three on the list combined.
Top Posters said:
Total Posts:

Myggen

Piston Hyundai

Fevaweva

giant_frying_pan

Keyser Soze

Sleeping Lesson

Xater

Myggen

Wow, Myggen is already off to a fast start with more posts than the next three on the list combined.

2760686-4506090233-71Xte.gif

jgminto

I don't know why Dan is so against buying cosmetics in HotS, if you've spent so much time with the game playing free you shouldn't feel bad kicking a few bucks there way for something cool.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I said it in the bombcast thread but if you enjoy something free 2 play, I think you can live with just giving them some money for a cosmetic skin. Relying on the whales to fund a game so you can play for free just kind of feels like adblocking a site you visit constantly thinking 'well the noobs will keep them paid with ad revenue so I don't have to'

Brakke

Banned
I don't know why Dan is so against buying cosmetics in HotS, if you've spent so much time with the game playing free you shouldn't feel bad kicking a few bucks there way for something cool.

Ehh cosmetics for a game like that are kind of crazy, especially given how expensive they are. You're not even going to use any given character every time. Or even very often, I wouldn't think.

I suppose it depends on how deep you are into the game but I only play a few times a day in random match and I'm usually picking heroes to fulfil whatever daily quests I've got. If I spent $10 on some Raynor skin or whatever then had a quest to only use Warcraft characters and then had a quest to only use Warriors, etc etc etc, then maybe I barely ever see that Raynor skin.

Spending money very vaguely makes sense if you're super deep in and are maining a guy in competitive play or something I guess? Or you just decide to eschew gold as currency and instead just commit to bucks as currency?

Fjordson

In on epic thread

So who else has given Heroes of the Storm a go after Dan played it and the quick look? Seems alright so far.
I've been playing for a few months now between the beta and the live release and I love it. I play League of Legends on and off, but HotS is a nice change of pace from other MOBAs. And it helps that I'm a big Blizzard fan so all the art and the characters are right up my alley.

Anjin M

I said it in the bombcast thread but if you enjoy something free 2 play, I think you can live with just giving them some money for a cosmetic skin. Relying on the whales to fund a game so you can play for free just kind of feels like adblocking a site you visit constantly thinking 'well the noobs will keep them paid with ad revenue so I don't have to'

I haven't been back to the Bombcast thread, so I don't know how the conversation went there. But, I believe that non-paying customers are a valuable and necessary part of any free to play game. They keep the population numbers up to give the whales someone to play with.

Sure, Blizzard et al. would love it if everyone kicked in a little, but I don't think the business model requires it.

Personally, I'm like you. Once I'm invested in a game, I want to pay because I want to support the devs.

justjim89

New Metal Gear Scanlon thread, awesome. Let's not muck it up with too many posts not about Drew, Dan, or Metal Gear. Jason posts are okay, too. But let's keep talk of those other jokers to a minimum.

Myggen

Alex hyping tomorrow's Beastcast on Twitter. Excellent. I need to listen to last week's episode before that one drops!

BearPawB

Banned
But again, Dota gives you all the heroes for free.

HotS the heroes and the costumes cost an ass-ton.

Yes. i have purchased an arcana for my favorite hero. But it was more because i wanted to than felt like i needed too.

I guess my only point is, I don't want to buy heroes, when i can play a game where i have 100 heroes without paying anything.

Honestly though, i find you get gold in HotS at a pretty nice pace. and there are plenty of free characters once you level up.

AcridMeat

Banned
Haha Dan got into HoTS huh? I'm glad he's even more willing to try new games. If nothing else, at least Dan comes to the podcast sharing new experiences. Yes I'm a week behind on bombcast, it's tough keeping up with beastcast and bombcast week to week. D:

getting caught up on ranking of fighters, and jason's kind of obnoxious when he plays fighting games

a whole lot of parroting voice clips and making sound effects with his mouth

Tan

I hope that first post is updated with new Jeff backalar aliases every week.

getting caught up on ranking of fighters, and jason's kind of obnoxious when he plays fighting games

a whole lot of parroting voice clips and making sound effects with his mouth

Dan has burrowed himself into that dudes mind.

Alexa Bliss slapping the taste out of everyone's mouth is the best thing on TV these days - and the Powebombcast fools said no to meeting her a year and a half ago!

2NMES2J.gif
wkoQy2F.gif

He does that on most games, sounds like you've only just noticed it.

He really ramps it up with fighting games, though. I don't blame him on the voice clip front because the majority of them are pretty quotable, but the sound effect thing seems like something a kid would do.

Dan has burrowed himself into that dudes mind.

It's been proven that his brand of stupidity is contagious.

Alexa Bliss slapping the taste out of everyone's mouth is the best thing on TV these days - and the Powebombcast fools said no to meeting her a year and a half ago!

2NMES2J.gif
wkoQy2F.gif

she's the only good part about Blake & Murphy

Myggen

I agree, though I have the urge to run it through diffchecker.com against OT15.

Not much different tbh, except for the pictures and some updates to the description. I plan to put some more effort into the next one, didn't really have the time with this one.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I'm like 5 podcasts behind, and I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to catch up. That's the problem during summer when I don't need to go shopping or go to university, no time for podcasts. I barley have internet here.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I'm like 5 podcasts behind, and I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to catch up. That's the problem during summer when I don't need to go shopping or go to university, no time for podcasts. I barley have internet here.

I'm usually a week behind. I just finished watching the MGS4 playthrough. I've been skipping Quick Looks due to a lack of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom