• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar FC

I'm like 5 podcasts behind, and I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to catch up. That's the problem during summer when I don't need to go shopping or go to university, no time for podcasts. I barley have internet here.

I had a similar problem this summer, but I began to force myself to go for a run or drive and get some casts in.

kAmui-

I'm like 5 podcasts behind, and I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to catch up. That's the problem during summer when I don't need to go shopping or go to university, no time for podcasts. I barley have internet here.

Wait, you don't go shopping during summer? Shopping is when I do most of my podcast listening too :)

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say

I was way behind on bombcasts for the longest time. It helped to speed them up by 1.3 or 1.4 the original speed to get through them.

Bombcast I always listen to as soon as possible. Beastcast I'm usually a week behind (listening to 12 right now). UPF I usually watch on the Saturday while I'm at work. Video-wise it usually depends on how interested I am. Demo Derby usually right away and Mario Party Party always live.

Myggen

Pretty impressive that GB and GS were able to rent parts of The Parlour Live for three(?) days during PAX. Sounds like they'll have The Indie Megabooth set up shop there for a while with these games:

Barkley 2
Gang Beasts
Mini Metro
Rising Thunder/Stonehearth
Sometimes Always Monsters
Through the Woods
Viking Squad
Tabletop - Paperback
Captain Forever Remix
Armello
FutureGrind
Distance
La-Mulana 2
BELOW
Galak-Z
Tabletop - Skiptrace
Universe Sandbox ²
Brigador

Must've taken some proper planning. Probably sponsored by Squarespace maybe?

tchocky

Trine 3 QL tomorrow, I hope it has improved a lot since the early access version they played on UPF back in April because it looked really bad.

Pretty impressive that GB and GS were able to rent parts of The Parlour Live for three(?) days during PAX. Sounds like they'll have The Indie Megabooth set up shop there for a while with these games:

I was just thinking where on earth Barkley 2 had gotten to.

Fuck yeah, La-Mulana 2!

Oh, could you put a thing in there for well-loved former Bombduders like Dave, Ian, Koonce, etc next time? It's about the only thing it's missing.

Dan is the most open-minded closed minded person I'm aware of.

Hell of alot better than the opposite.

daydream

Banned
as an undercover mod, i will ban everyone that talks about metal gear in the new ot

so, uh, you kids knock it off, alright

it ain't good for you

I didn't care much about David Hayter not being in MGSV when that all broke, but now after watching all of Metal Gear Scanlon, it's fucking weird hearing Kiefer Sutherland in Ground Zeroes.

That's going to be the big twist in Phantom Pain, isn't it? Something with Hayter.

[EDIT] Eff the po-po, daydream

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
as an undercover mod, i will ban everyone that talks about metal gear in the new ot

so, uh, you kids knock it off, alright

it ain't good for you

I was looking at the MGS HD collection today because I was thinking of playing the MSX games.

Make sure they stop before I go through with it.

I didn't care much about David Hayter not being in MGSV when that all broke, but now after watching all of Metal Gear Scanlon, it's fucking weird hearing Kiefer Sutherland in Ground Zeroes.

That's going to be the big twist in Phantom Pain, isn't it? Something with Hayter.

[EDIT] Eff the po-po, daydream

Conversely, I felt the same at first but it totally clicked for me during their play through. It's a really good performance and I'm looking forward to hearing more of him (whatever little that may be) in PP.

daydream

Banned
I was looking at the MGS HD collection today because I was thinking of playing the MSX games.

Make sure they stop before I go through with it.

i feel so powerless

emcee is one of them, i don't know who to turn to anymore

i might as well pitch game boy club again since we're probably playing metal gear ghost babel next, starting september 13

i feel so powerless

emcee is one of them, i don't know who to turn to anymore

i might as well pitch game boy club again since we're probably playing metal gear ghost babel next, starting september 13

Fuck Reveangance. Ghost Babel is the actual not-so-secret best Metal Gear game. Wish I knew where my copy was because I would totally join in, travesty that it's not on Virtual Console.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
If it makes it any better, I never was going to buy the legacy collection because I stand steadfast on my "fuck MGS4" platform.

daydream

Banned
someone prolly already posted it but i sense some more arcade archives qls in the future which is great news

i wonder if they'll go the hamster route with their trophies

Fuck Reveangance. Ghost Babel is the actual not-so-secret best Metal Gear game. Wish I knew where my copy was because I would totally join in, travesty that it's not on Virtual Console.

time to search harder! maybe max hid it somewhere

rObit

Banned
That new thread smell. Since this is a secret wrestling discussion thread, I just got done watching the Psych episode that had Big Show in it, and I think he's my favorite wrestler.

Wrestling thought #2: I find it fun that they got Daniel Bryan to do a segment for one of their podcasts, and it wasn't their wrestling podcast.

This brings an end to rObit's Giant Bomb wrestling minute.

Man I hope MGS V has some somewhat intricate and large interior locations. I have a Splinter Cell Chaos Theory itch that needs scratching.

Fingers crossed that MGSV, Dishonored 2, and Mankind Divided will form a holy trifecta of stealth action games this generation.

That new thread smell. Since this is a secret wrestling discussion thread, I just got done watching the Psych episode that had Big Show in it, and I think he's my favorite wrestler.

Wrestling thought #2: I find it fun that they got Daniel Bryan to do a segment for one of their podcasts, and it wasn't their wrestling podcast.

This brings an end to rObit's Giant Bomb wrestling minute.

Big Show, as bad as a wrestler as he currently is, is still pretty good on the mic and is actually much better than I'd thought he'd be on commentary.

Tubobutts

Even though the only part of Giant Bomb's DOTA coverage I enjoy is when Jeff tries to make Brad waste money, I would be interested in watching them do more with HOTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom