• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best moment is Bar Fight. So real that you could hurt your hands.

I don't know how much Vive Vinny had played before UPF, but I've found that folks newer to roomscale tend not to obey the chaperone boundaries. I learned my lesson a couple of times, and fortunately didn't significantly hurt myself or my surroundings.

I hope his hand is ok now!

Best moment is Bar Fight. So real that you could hurt your hands.

Bar Fight is probably the most I laughed at something on Giant Bomb since that Euro Fishing quick look a few months ago.

EDIT: What was that game Vinny played awhile ago where you're a person on a cruise ship? That was really funny too.

Strax

Bar Fight is probably the most I laughed at something on Giant Bomb since that Euro Fishing quick look a few months ago.

EDIT: What was that game Vinny played awhile ago where you're a person on a cruise ship? That was really funny too.

Leisure_Suit_Larry_-_Love_for_Sail!_Coverart.png

jaina

Another contender for Best Looking is Forza Horizon 3.
In that category I wouldn't necessarily dock points for the Win10 version.

Jamie OD

What are everyone's bets on best moment?
and why is it Handibot in Rec Room?

My personal pick is the third trial in Pokémon Sun & Moon.
It's the Marowak dancing trial that ends up getting photobombed by a hiker and then the totem Salazzle.

But I think Giant Bomb will vote the final part of Inside.

OK.

I'm almost certain that Pokémon Sun is legitimately my game of the year by this point. That game is so much better in so many respects than I had any expectations for. It's not just good for a Pokémon game, it's a damned good game full stop.

I look forward to Giant Bomb mentioning it in a pisstake Best New Character discussion and then ignoring it for the rest of the awards.

LiK

Man, I wish they played World of Final Fantasy. That version of Cactaur is the funniest goddamn character in the game. Laughed so hard. Technically best new character.

Jeff did good by standing his ground on Fallout 4. When a game is broken to this degree (on top of being disappointing in some of its design), it has to be called out, and it has to count against it. That it's a Bethesda game doesn't exempt it from criticism. Like Jeff said, we have to hold games to a higher standard.

Austin's defense on that game still stinks like shit even now.

I ever watch the live stream. Looking forward to it tomorrow

I don't watch it live nor recorded. A video podcast to me defeats the whole point of a podcast, which is to listen to it whole doing something else, like playing videogames. Were people that excited to watch them talk?

OK.

I'm almost certain that Pokémon Sun is legitimately my game of the year by this point. That game is so much better in so many respects than I had any expectations for. It's not just good for a Pokémon game, it's a damned good game full stop.

I look forward to Giant Bomb mentioning it in a pisstake Best New Character discussion and then ignoring it for the rest of the awards.
Haven't owned a Nintendo thing since the DS first came out and bought a $99 3DS the other day and got Pokémon Moon. I've never played a Pokémon game before but I'm looking forward to giving it a try especially after seeing high praise like this.

I don't watch it live nor recorded. A video podcast to me defeats the whole point of a podcast, which is to listen to it whole doing something else, like playing videogames. Were people that excited to watch them talk?

there is ALOT to talk about considering everything that happened between thursday and today

here they are talking about window errors and how VR works

Zornack

Austin's defense on that game still stinks like shit even now.

Like try applying his logic to sexist stuff

"I wasn't disappointed that E3 had booth babes this year I mean it's just expected for what it is" (yes I know this example is dated sue me)

If things adjacent are improving then we should have a higher standard all around.

LiK

I might watch the live stream archive if there's a moment where they mention it's purely a visual gag or reaction. Sometimes I also play video while I'm cleaning or something. There's usually not much going on to warrant the video version.

Strax

I laughed when they called out the awards for putting the awards on the backburner and the trailers as the main stuff and then started talking about the Death Stranding.

Sakwoff

Kojima's writing was always the puerile fantasies of a gigantic manbaby. With all the fun/weird/gross implications that has.

I feel like both the "IT'S SO CRAZY" and the "IT'S SO PROFOUND" angles are really missing the mark. Vinny is totally right. None of Kojima's stuff is particularly "out there" in the context of fiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom