• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else's mouse disappear when using the GB HTML5 player in fullscreen? Makes it hard to adjust volume. Using Chrome.

The Beta player always did when fullscreen, but the live player never does now.

I just want it to work like YouTube but with a "resume where you left off" feature period.

Has anyone try the Hyper Void (PS+ game this month) PSVR mode (you need to download free VR DLC)? I thought it was an interesting use of VR. It feels more like playing a 3D game on a 3D TV instead of a VR headset. It's interesting.

Tagyhag

The better question is what's everyone's hill to die on this year to make the GoTY list?
Jeff - Superhot
Dan - Stardew Valley
Jason - God Eater (fails)
Alex - TLG?
Vinny - Factorio
Drew - ???
Brad - Doesn't have one this year since Destiny was bad. Will play the ruiner.

There are probably better pics out there for their personal hills, but it's the best I could come up with on short notice.

Huh, it's so weird having Brad not have a dark horse this year. It would have definitely been Hitman if it wasn't so loved in the office.

Hnnngh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gsA3x9PQcE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm4wBtym79k

I don't know if anyone else here listens to the PSNation podcast (fun fact, the co-hosts know Jason personally), but during their most recent podcast, they said the Wipeout producer told them that a PSX that right now Wipeout on PS4 is simply a straight port of the PS3 and has yet to have any graphical additions yet. They are planning particle effects, 4K textures, etc. That's nuts, considering how good it looks now.

Hnnngh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gsA3x9PQcE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm4wBtym79k

I don't know if anyone else here listens to the PSNation podcast (fun fact, the co-hosts know Jason personally), but during their most recent podcast, they said the Wipeout producer told them that a PSX that right now Wipeout on PS4 is simply a straight port of the PS3 and has yet to have any graphical additions yet. They are planning particle effects, 4K textures, etc. That's nuts, considering how good it looks now.

I was excited for the Wipeout collection until I realized it was just the two most recent games in the series.

Lunar FC

Well since my phone crapped out on my last night I was forced to re add all my podcasts. Why the fuck are all GB pods (on pocket casts at least) cover art just the GB logo now? Shit is wack.

Edit: Refreshing them seems to have brought back the old versions. Though the bombcast is still just the logo.

Used to be this:
2689450-2670613-giant%2Bbombcast.png

I had a fantastic time on Sapienza last night playing Hitman. I only have a few challenges left so I decided to strike two birds with one stone - get him to escape in the plane, then shoot it down with the cannon.

I'm not sure what the 'proper' way to trigger his escape was, but I decided to start the mission in the ruins with an assault rifle. I loaded both cannons (wasn't sure which one was needed) and then used the ruins as my base.

From there, it was a matter of picking off every guard I could, until there was about 20 corpses lying at the foot of the steps to the ruins.

He ran down into the lab but that didn't trigger his escape, so armed with some of the guard's heavier guns, I went down there myself and slaughtered absolutely everybody.

That did the trick and he ran straight to the plane, I dashed up to the ruins, and boom.

It was bizarre seeing the level so empty when I went to kill the second target and destroy the virus to finish the level.

Well since my phone crapped out on my last night I was forced to re add all my podcasts. Why the fuck are all GB pods (on pocket casts at least) cover art just the GB logo now? Shit is wack.

Edit: Refreshing them seems to have brought back the old versions. Though the bombcast is still just the logo.

Used to be this:

It definitely still is that logo, though. Pretty sure that's just your podcast app doing something weird. (if you look at the RSS feed, it still has the URL for that image in the <image> tag for the channel)

Meneses

Man, I really miss having a PS4 with me, so much cool stuff i'd love to be playing.

I'm going back home in a couple weeks but at this point the first 2 days of holidays will be entirely spent downloading patches at PSN speeds.

repeater

What's so strange about that? Bill Hicks is pretty damn divisive.
I mean, he does divide the world into the people who are objectively right and those who are objectively wrong. Here's a specimen from the sorry second group:
I was surprised to find Dan had the correct opinion on Hicks, yes
I mean, not liking Bill isn't COMPLETELY inexplicable in and of itself, I guess, though it is weird and worrying. It's when you combine that with an appreciation of George Carlin that you're entering complete Bizarro World territory. I know quite a few people who like both Hicks and Carlin. That's an acceptable if suboptimal combination of viewpoints. But the anti-Hicks, pro-Carlin combination is just CRAZY to me.

Rainmaker

Banned
I know quite a few people who like both Hicks and Carlin. That's an acceptable if suboptimal combination of viewpoints. But the anti-Hicks, pro-Carlin combination is just CRAZY to me.

You make a good point. I find them both to be pretty lame looking back but I get why they're so reverred in the comedy world. I can't see why someone would only like Carlin out of the two. I definitely went through a big Hicks phase and was raised on Carlin.

Patryn

The better question is what's everyone's hill to die on this year to make the GoTY list?
Jeff - Superhot
Dan - Stardew Valley
Jason - God Eater (fails)
Alex - TLG?
Vinny - Factorio
Drew - ???
Brad - Doesn't have one this year since Destiny was bad. Will play the ruiner.

There are probably better pics out there for their personal hills, but it's the best I could come up with on short notice.

Jason has already said he's not going to push for God Eater at GOTY.

Meneses

Jason should quit, get re-hired the same day, and then he'd technically be a new hire so he'd also be allowed a sympathy freebie like last year.

I mean, he does divide the world into the people who are objectively right and those who are objectively wrong. Here's a specimen from the sorry second group:

I mean, not liking Bill isn't COMPLETELY inexplicable in and of itself, I guess, though it is weird and worrying. It's when you combine that with an appreciation of George Carlin that you're entering complete Bizarro World territory. I know quite a few people who like both Hicks and Carlin. That's an acceptable if suboptimal combination of viewpoints. But the anti-Hicks, pro-Carlin combination is just CRAZY to me.
Carlin told his jokes in a funny way. Hicks is a good speech writer.

oti

Banned
I like the ideas of Let It Die but I hate the art style of that game. Pretty cool to see a F2P game like this though.

LiK

?

Austin gave a well thought out argument for invisible ink, more than anyone else gave for their favorites.

Indeed, Jason just needs to be passionate about it. If he thinks it deserves a spot, he can fight for it. Jeff got Syndicate on the list all by his lonesome as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom