• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
If you don't think it is worth your sub then vote with your wallet. It is the only sure fire way of making anyone on staff notice. There are an awful lot of other sites and streamers out there. It doesn't pay to lean on one site so much.
I've paid with PayPal. "Voting with my wallet" and cancelling right now would be a bitch for them to handle, I don't want them to waste time on that.

I don't want to listen to any of you.
Imma start a podcast and it will be in German.

Kinda true with the GOTY stuff.

That's pretty much the only stuff, I'd assume. Really not much time for anything else (except for UPF, podcasts, and maybe a Quick Look or two). I doubt we'll even get the final two Mario Party Parties before Dan leaves (provided his apartment drama gets sorted out).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That's pretty much the only stuff, I'd assume. Really not much time for anything else (except for UPF, podcasts, and maybe a Quick Look or two). I doubt we'll even get the final two Mario Party Parties before Dan leaves (provided his apartment drama gets sorted out).

Well hopefully it's worth it then!

I dunno, I'm actually really excited for the GOTY stuff.

Chances someone checks out the Star Wars: Battlefront X-Wing VR Mission thing on UPF tomorrow? Or should that be held for the next VRodeo? It's basically only 20 minutes (more or less). I could've spent an hour playing in a landed X-Wing just messing with the buttons, setting the S-Foils into attack position and then back, pulling out the targeting computer, etc. So awesome!

I would give them a tad more slack if anything they produced required heavy editing. That is the real time killer when it comes to video production. When 99% of your content is sitting in front of a camera straight playing a videogame, that's why the dry spells get annoying. I know they have meetings and bullshit to attend to, and GOTY time is super busy, but they manage to pump out a bunch of content when they have their membership sales and then leave it bare for weeks.

Yes, when they want to put out content they do, which is why I think a lot of the "meetings" excuses and such are probably somewhat bullshit.

Even the biggest fan has to admit that them not working Mondays to produce more content from home (which isn't what most people want - we want them together) has turned out to be a con.

I understand that people don't want to come off as assholes and I don't either, but I feel like this thread cuts them too much slack which is the type of attitude that doesn't lead to more content.

Let's be real here, they have an easy job. You can work hard in an easy job, but it's still an easy job.

I work really hard - sometimes I write up to 10,000 words a day, edit over a hundred articles, attend meetings, manage our marketing etc - but it's still an easy job relatively speaking so I'm not taking a holier than thou attitude here..

At WORST, the guys have to attend meetings, deal with PR people, write emails, etc. That is not a hard job - they work 4 days a week, they seemingly come into the office quite late with flexible time. They're not starting work at 6am, outside, in the cold, doing manual labour, saving lives, constantly running around in a retail environment, etc.

They just need to find enough time in the day to sit in front of a camera with a video game. Millions and millions of people would kill for that to be the main focus of their job. They're extremely lucky.

I for one don't believe that 90% of their day is taken up with corporate BS which prevents this. I think they've found a sweet gig which doesn't have a demanding schedule, which is great because I'm sort of in the same situation so I know first hand, but I roll my eyes when I see people bend over backwards to defend them.

If I'm wrong, Vinny come bitch slap me, Jeff come dunk me... at least it would be admitting the problem. As it stands, as others have pointed out, many Twitch and YouTube personalities put out more content, with high quality camera work - it's pretty sad when you think about it.

And before anyone says it, no I'm not going to cancel my sub so I'm part of the problem, because I want to experience all of their #content.

Supposedly they work from home on Mondays - unless I've missed any updates in the last few weeks - which would lead to more solo streams and such.

neshcom

Banned
Supposedly they work from home on Mondays - unless I've missed any updates in the last few weeks - which would lead to more solo streams and such.
Given that a significant amount of their time is picking and playing video games off camera, working from home is probably not the worst use of their time.

I want to see more GB stuff, but I can also reconcile that they're a coverage outlet and not blind lets players. What they play and how they cover it matters, especially when they have a reputation for covering whatever they want.

You have somewhat of a valid point, but considering they just put out a dozen hours of Hitman content without Brad or Dan grasping the most basic mechanics...

(Which was still great)

oti

Banned
Given that a significant amount of their time is picking and playing video games off camera, working from home is probably not the worst use of their time.

I want to see more GB stuff, but I can also reconcile that they're a coverage outlet and not blind lets players. What they play and how they cover it matters, especially when they have a reputation for covering whatever they want.

It's Giant Bomb! As if anyone expects them to be experts in the games they chose to play or know anything about them. With the exception of Jason and his anime games they are mostly pretty bad at games and that's totally fine, who cares. Heck, random people here on GAF know more about news and games than they do and that's totally fine. I don't expect an expert to show me Let it Die after playing it for hours before they record, I just want to see them play Let it Die. There's room for Drew's notes on how to fly a virtual airplane and there's also room for "I'm checking this game out and I'm recording it".

Giganteus

I'm waiting to see how Dan affects East and their premium content. If they somehow do nothing with that, I wont be continuing my subscription. That's all I ask, is literally one new premium series for 2017 (that isn't a VinnyVania type thing); it could be another endurance run for all I care.

I'll pay the motherfuckers a yearly subscription for one fresh premium feature, or to bring back one they haven't done in a while, THEN THEY CAN GO TO AS MANY PAXs AND MEETINGS AS THEIR HEARTS DESIRE.

Catvoca

Banned
I'm waiting to see how Dan affects East and their premium content. If they somehow do nothing with that, I wont be continuing my subscription. That's all I ask, is literally one new premium series for 2017 (that isn't a VinnyVania type thing); it could be another endurance run for all I care.

I'll pay the motherfuckers a yearly subscription for one fresh premium feature, or to bring back one they haven't done in a while, THEN THEY CAN GO TO AS MANY PAXs AND MEETINGS AS THEIR HEARTS DESIRE.

Don't worry, I'm sure Blight Club is coming out any day now.

hamchan

They should probably pick and play more games on camera. Why bother prepping a QL by playing hours of the game before recording, when you can just record from the start and we can see everything?

Anyways Mondays off plus they also come into the office late at 10am right? Then it's a lot of hours playing video games as a job, on or off camera, and then writing a few things occasionally. Y'know their jobs are very cushy compared to most people, even in highly developed countries.

oti

Banned
They should probably pick and play more games on camera. Why bother prepping a QL by playing hours of the game before recording, when you can just record from the start and we can see everything?
How is Brad supposed to spoil stuff then?

Wunder

what's the difference between vinnyvania and an endurance run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom