• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjork

I wouldn't do that. There's nothing at the end worth seeing to make that worthwhile. The gradual process of discovering the island's secret is more intriguing, but playing through the whole game with a walkthrough isn't really gonna do much for you.

It isn't doing much for me now. At least if I see the ending I can get it off my hard drive in favor of something I'll actually play.

It isn't doing much for me now. At least if I see the ending I can get it off my hard drive in favor of something I'll actually play.

Just youtube it if you absolutely must know what's at the ending. "It's not about the destination, but the journey" is trite, but it's true. It's not worth the time investment and you're probably gonna be very disappointed if you're going into this game with the mindset of "I can't wait for the ending reveal!" or whatever

It would be nice if they could do something similar to an endurance run style of content output for this time of year. Have a bunch of pre recorded features and upload them every other day or so. That's what they did with the shenmue er and it was fantastic

It would be nice if they could do something similar to an endurance run style of content output for this time of year. Have a bunch of pre recorded features and upload them every other day or so. That's what they did with the shenmue er and it was fantastic

Or you know

The east could take an hour on Tuesday to record something premium

The west could likewise take an hour on thursday to record something premium. That way we get atleast 2 hours of premium content each week, recorded at a time where the other office is busy podcasting.

popo

eww, accidentally downloaded the regular beastcast by mistake. Shilling for those shitty Christmas jumpers must be how it feels to be a prostitute.

what're the chances we get vinny and alex on UPF today

Do they even have a upf on the schedule

It is on the schedule but I think Vinny, at least, is flying out east before. Best to beat that weekend rush if you can.

bjork

Just youtube it if you absolutely must know what's at the ending. "It's not about the destination, but the journey" is trite, but it's true. It's not worth the time investment and you're probably gonna be very disappointed if you're going into this game with the mindset of "I can't wait for the ending reveal!" or whatever

And have an incomplete achievement list? Pshaw.

Meneses

And have an incomplete achievement list? Pshaw.

I wouldn't think too much about full achievements, there's something at the end of the game that will require you to pretty much grasp most of the concepts of the game up to that point, and it's mostly randomly generated so there aren't really any exact guides.

So if you just want to breeze through to get the game out of the way and get all the trophies, it's probably gonna get even more frustrating.

strafer

dcf59caa468dd779f23cfc58bb5cda3c.png

Zaph

I think Jeff took the 'consistent' part of that question a bit too literally. At this point I think most people would be happy with more of absolutely anything.

I don't remember that. Any idea what he's referring to?

We didn't like Professional Wednesdays so now we have to go to bed without dinner.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
that jeff answer didnt answer ANYTHING
Yes it did. They want it the way it is. They don't want to do video series because a certain part of the audience then might have nothing to watch if they don't like that one.

The weird thing here is that they are trying to please everyone when that was explicitly what they didn't want to do anymore when they created the site. Atleast that's what it sounds like to me.

We didn't like Professional Wednesdays so now we have to go to bed without dinner.
I hope that's not what he means, but you might be right!?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yes it did. They want it the way it is. They don't want to do video series because a certain part of the audience then might have nothing to watch if they don't like that one.

But they already do stuff like that with Vinnyvania. Any content they put out with a 'certain part of the audience' wont watch.

minty_ice

Banned

The weird thing here is that they are trying to please everyone when that was explicitly what they didn't want to do anymore when they created the site. Atleast that's what it sounds like to me.

I hope that's not what he means, but you might be right!?

"we don't want to make content people won't like so we just won't make any at all"

damn, that's smart

So the answer is "sometimes we do things people don't like, that's why we don't make schedules"??? Nothing he said makes a lot of sense. If they don't wanna do a Demo Derby weekly (or even biweekly) because some people don't like it, then why make anything? There are always gonna be people who don't like a thing.

But they already do stuff like that with Vinnyvania.

Everything they put out, some section of audience isnt going to like it. Just like some people dont like UPF, chances are they will never create a video that is for everyone.

But the thing is, we go to the site to watch them. They could play pong and its probably be interesting. This excuse of "well we want to create something for everyone and we want to make longer form stuff" is at odds with each other, because there will be people that dont like the long form, pre produced things. Its such a cop out answer by him.

Ill probably cancel my sub when the time comes if they dont get it together. UPF isnt really worth it, and his answer doesnt instill confidence in that theyre going to get their shit together.

DopeToast

Banned
I've always felt that Giant Bomb has more content than I could possibly have time for, and I'm always having to carve out time to go back and watch old features.

Regardless of whether there is enough content out at this very moment, I think it's odd to question their work ethic.

I feel like he is misinterpreting the question. When that person is saying "consistently", they're just referring to the volume of content as opposed to repeating features.

Yep. Jeff is talking about why they rotate the type of content they do and not why they don't put out stuff more frequently.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
"we don't want to make content people won't like so we just won't make any at all"

damn, that's smart
Well, Jeff basically answered why they don't have a more consistent schedule, not why they don't put out more content.

But they already do stuff like that with Vinnyvania. Any content they put out with a 'certain part of the audience' wont watch.
I think he was trying to say why they didn't do something like that all the time.

Zaph

Which would make a lot of sense if the problem was just a lack of returning shows. But the problem is a lack of shows full stop.

Intentionally or not, Jeff answered a question nobody is really asking.

Which would make a lot of sense if the problem was just a lack of returning shows. But the problem is a lack of shows full stop.

Intentionally or not, Jeff answered a question nobody is really asking.

Yes, exactly.

The past few months of light content have made me realize I spend a LOT of time consuming Giant Bomb content, and that the average GB fan probably doesn't watch nearly all of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom