• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakwoff

I think it's pretty telling that the best VR stuff so far is not games. Tiltbrush, Google Earth, this Oculus sculpting thing... that's where the real potential of VR is. Rather than just as a way to play games in a more "immersive" way. I think the big VR manufacturers really would do best to get this stuff out of the "gaming niche" in terms of broader perception.

Edit: Okay, Super Hot is pretty sweet though. :D

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
That coke chug challenge callback bit at the end of the mailbag was great.

I think the characters in Nidhogg 2 are still ugly (in an unappealing as opposed to endearing way) but I fell in love with some of the environmental art during that segment, I'm all aboard.

And I agree that the simplicity and snappiness of Nidhogg 1 was great, but I also don't feel like I need another game of that. I'm cool with them trying something a little different.

demidar

The overly expressive faces is cool I guess. Nidhogg 1 was pretty bare bones when it came to visuals, so I'm not really sure how else it could be "evolved" besides a drastic style shift.

I dunno, it's a hard thing to come up with a solution for.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Watching UPF. Vinny gave away the GOTY. "I found I really like throwing stuff this year." Alex: "Yeah, it was a great year for throwing things."

I see what people mean about Uncharted 4's length. I thought I was in the endgame and it turns out I'm halfway through...

send help

I inaudibly gasped when Jeff's look of dismay cruscendoed with "I like it."

Jeff, what?! Nidhogg 2 is the ugliest game of the year.

It's Jeff's contrarianism kicking up again like with Popplio.

I think it's pretty telling that the best VR stuff so far is not games. Tiltbrush, Google Earth, this Oculus sculpting thing... that's where the real potential of VR is. Rather than just as a way to play games in a more "immersive" way. I think the big VR manufacturers really would do best to get this stuff out of the "gaming niche" in terms of broader perception.

Edit: Okay, Super Hot is pretty sweet though. :D

I've been thinking that for a while, like with virual tours for real estate or hotel rooms and the like. That framerate issue plus the stalled, stilted movement is still holding games back.

Megasoum

Banned
So I've been recovering from a surgery I had on wednesday morning for a couple of days now with morphine and all that.... Did I miss anything important?

oti

Banned
Drew already gave subliminal messages during the Beastcast to the effect that SuperHot won.
Those indie hipster #influencers and their indie agenda. That Jeff guy is so pretentious, I hear he doesn't even like Oreos with that weird American Cheese Spray.

SuperHot does nothing for me.

I kinda liked it at first, but it was far more puzzle game-y than I expected or wanted. What felt super cool at first became very rote very quickly due to the high degree of memorization required to pass the levels. I refunded it before my 2 hours were up.

CzU7qLbWIAEA7S-.jpg

Do they not have poppies in America?

Surprised no one knew what flower it was.
No, I don't think they grow wild in North America. As a kid in the early 90s our school would make us sell fabric poppies for Armistice Day or something but I'm not sure that's been a thing in like 20 years.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Do they not have poppies in America?

Surprised no one knew what flower it was.

WWI is not really taught, other than the basics of the alliance system, the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand, trenches and stalemates, and that we got into the war pretty late.

Our losses weren't that big, so it doesn't have quite the emotional impact. But if you study more economic history, the wealth transfer from Europe and largely from the financial center changing from London to New York is huge.

killroy87

I loooove the style of Nidhogg 2, but the gameplay seems much less fast and tense than the first. I'm not a big fan of all the new weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom