• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeku

Steep confirmed GoTY

i would be more okay with that than Doom winning

giphy.gif

Strax

I was thinking about what Jeff said about wanting to make content everybody can enjoy. I don't rememeber anybody in the GB threads saying they dislike Demo Derby or Game Tapes. Of course we are not the only sub members they have but surely if a feature get so much love here it must be at least similar with those who do not post here. Even though I stopped watching both Metal Gear Scanlon 4 and 5 I'd still rank it as a really good series.

Secret best duder: Joey the Knife

- Been around as long as Brad, Jeff, and Vinny
- Always there when you need it
- Doesn't shit on Yoshi's Island

killroy87

I was thinking about what Jeff said about wanting to make content everybody can enjoy. I don't rememeber anybody in the GB threads saying they dislike Demo Derby or Game Tapes. Of course we are not the only sub members they have but surely if a feature get so much love here it must be at least similar with those who do not post here. Even though I stopped watching both Metal Gear Scanlon 4 and 5 I'd still rank it as a really good series.

It was a bit of a fluffy bullshit response, and it was actually a turnoff for me. To thibk that they are turning away potentially cool unique ideas because it won't all hit hard is a bit annoying.

popo

So which Mario Party will win Old Game of The Year? With eight bangers to choose from it is going to take at least an hour to trash out a winner.

J_Viper

I know this is on me, but I just don't see what all the fuss was over Doom. I really don't.

The intro was rad, but it runs out of fuel fast. The game does one thing kinda well, but drops the ball on so many others.

The level design is boring, combat gets repetitive, the boss fights are lame, the weapon upgrades are half assed, etc. I can go on, but I don't wanna be too much of a downer.

My favorite part.

Daheza

I loooove the style of Nidhogg 2, but the gameplay seems much less fast and tense than the first. I'm not a big fan of all the new weapons

I think they need to do something with a time limit or something on the match. It seemed to last 2x as long for each match.

dan2026

WWI is not really taught, other than the basics of the alliance system, the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand, trenches and stalemates, and that we got into the war pretty late.

Our losses weren't that big, so it doesn't have quite the emotional impact. But if you study more economic history, the wealth transfer from Europe and largely from the financial center changing from London to New York is huge.

I guess.

It was just super jarring that not one of them knew what it was other than 'that flower from that game Danny brought that one time'. Especially as Battlefield One just came out as well.

I always assumed that the association between WW1 and poppies was fairly ubiquitous.
Guess not.

Anjin M

Nidhogg 2 looks interesting. Learning the weapon interactions could be cool. That said, I bet they include a Rapiers Only modifier as one of the options.

Salarians

I watched the movie

I watched the anime

and now everyone's talking about "Jared" and I have no idea who that is 🗿

MGSV actually plays well though. But yeah, similarly messy stories.
Yep. I didn't mind doing a lot of side content in MGSV because the core mechanics are great. All the side stuff in FFXV seems to just be "go here, get/kill this, come back". Worse, with the way to hunt system is designed, the game actually makes it a hassle to do them.

oti

Banned
I watched the movie

I watched the anime

and now everyone's talking about "Jared" and I have no idea who that is ��

Yep. I didn't mind doing a lot of side content in MGSV because the core mechanics are great. All the side stuff in FFXV seems to just be "go here, get/kill this, come back". Worse, with the way to hunt system is designed, the game actually makes it a hassle to do them.

Maaaaan, I love that game and I agree. Watched the anime and movie too and I really don't care about Jared. Was is the butler we saw for 2 minutes? Also, playing this game without having seen the movie before makes it way worse, I'd consider the movie required watching.

I hate that you have to report back for the hunting missions to trigger the reward. I actually enjoy them but that aspect is terrible.

Maybe they'll fix it in the second Beta.

jaina

At least I noticed today that you can go back to any "tipster" for the hunt reward, not just the one with the quest.

Interestingly enough, I've not used much fast travel so far. Doing the long car trips with camp in between feels like an essential part of the "role-playing" to me.

At least I noticed today that you can go back to any "tipster" for the hunt reward, not just the one with the quest.

Interestingly enough, I've not used much fast travel so far. Doing the long car trips with camp in between feels like an essential part of the "role-playing" to me.

The perk for gaining AP for driving is pretty good too.

SomberOwl

So I've only played Assassins Creed Unity, Rogue, and Syndicate. I really enjoyed all of them. Would I enjoy going back and playing the Ezio Collection?

popo

So I've only played Assassins Creed Unity, Rogue, and Syndicate. I really enjoyed all of them. Would I enjoy going back and playing the Ezio Collection?

2 and brotherhood are great but have not aged well. How have you played Rogue and not Black Flag?

GOTY prediciton.

Whatever Brad has picks as his number 1 will win overall. Its obviously between Doom or Hitman. Thats a heart or brain choice. The heart wants doom because its DOOM! and its good. But I think logically Hitman is the better game. It more fun. It was way more variety and replayability and it just feels fresh and unique.

Also I have been playing Skyrim SE and Fallout 4 on the PC and Skyrim is so much better. Fallout 4's world and characters and level of bullshit just dont compel me.

hamchan

I watched the movie

I watched the anime

and now everyone's talking about "Jared" and I have no idea who that is 🗿

How do you not know who Jared is gosh?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
It's class warfare! Well maybe not, but JRPGs do like their heroes to be born special, destined to save the world. It's usually not the everyman that does it.

oti

Banned
GOTY prediciton.

Whatever Brad has picks as his number 1 will win overall. Its obviously between Doom or Hitman. Thats a heart or brain choice. The heart wants doom because its DOOM! and its good. But I think logically Hitman is the better game. It more fun. It was way more variety and replayability and it just feels fresh and unique.

Also I have been playing Skyrim SE and Fallout 4 on the PC and Skyrim is so much better. Fallout 4's world and characters and level of bullshit just dont compel me.

fäck yo heart

Overwatch GOTY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom