• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
qcYLBQE.png

If anyone needs a new avy
zYEW5u4.png

Watching Bioforge and this sure is a time capsule.

Vinny is still on the west coast.
Patrick still works there.
Danny is from Gamespot UK and just visiting to hash out E3 stuff.

I think it might be Danny's first on camera appearance on a GB stream right?

Beating the second boss and having the first level become populated with more enemies made playing through that first stage over and over so much more interesting

I love the progression in that game. There's a bunch of stuff you have yet to learn if you've barely beat the 2nd boss. So much damn stuff. Man that games so good.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I love the progression in that game. There's a bunch of stuff you have yet to learn if you've barely beat the 2nd boss. So much damn stuff. Man that games so good.

Right now I can consistently get to the second stage and make it to the third stage maybe one out of every ten attempts. I've got a handle on Ammoconda and just beat the Gorgun for the first time, I only ever fought the Beholster once and died right away...

I keep finding that I play really well and then one bad room fucks me up and I lose two hearts all at once

FStop7

Banned

Yeah it was.

And "did that say 'cyber raptor?'" is an all time great GB moment.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

*has never seen this video*

*pulls it up*

*...stares at Patrick's hair*

Right now I can consistently get to the second stage and make it to the third stage maybe one out of every ten attempts. I've got a handle on Ammoconda and just beat the Gorgun for the first time, I only ever fought the Beholster once and died right away...

I keep finding that I play really well and then one bad room fucks me up and I lose two hearts all at once

Rolling is definitely your friend~ Once you master that down, then the first level should become golden to the point where you'll be clearing it with alot of shells.

Definitely get down rolling. I am excited for you to play this and to learn the secret of the gungeons @_@

Honestly I'm not worried about the East not doing Demo Derbies

I'm sure they'll be able to output alot of content. Dan is a lifesurge tbh.

The only worry is if West will keep up with Demo Derby...hopefully they can include Brad in it.

The Lego Island segment really didnt hammer home how bad that game controlled.

Even as a kid I knew it was bad.

I still completed that game though. One of my earlier completions I think.

neshcom

Banned
Jeff doing Demo Derby is nice because he is still super-knowledgeable about that time and the people. Not to say Vinny couldn't fill that role, but that's one feature that I love seeing Jeff flex his chops.

Flex them chops, Jeffy

I can't recall, did they ever visit that tomb in the back of the island where the pirate talks to you when you click on his coffin?

Lego Island felt way larger than it was for some reason.

oh shut up those Dan/Drew ones are fine

Well they did bring about Metal Gear Scanlon. And there is a Yakuza demo on one of the last OPM demo discs I'd rather East play.

Jeff doing Demo Derby is nice because he is still super-knowledgeable about that time and the people. Not to say Vinny couldn't fill that role, but that's one feature that I love seeing Jeff flex his chops.

Flex them chops, Jeffy

Similarly I hope Vinny sits in during a Game Tapes. His stories of filming E3 conferences are always interesting.

For some reason, their Reggie, Nintendo and the Tonight Show talk on the Beastcast fucking killed me.

Remember how I was having trouble getting into Enter the Gungeon?

I'm really badly addicted to Enter the Gungeon now

giphy.gif

Yup, it's where I was first introduced to Danny.

I don't think 'jank' is one of the circles of hell.

Lego Island was awesome.

It's a shame the second one doesn't have the same charm as the first. I still would like to see it being played someday on UPF.

SUPER HOT VR looks fucking INCREDIBLE

Hell yes it does.

jo2dyOb.gif

These companies really need to have software that says before posting "are you absolutely sure you want to post this?".

They have done WAY WORSE.

6QAdyrp.gif

there's something hilarious about the way Drew uncomfortably goes "oh, boy" or something similar whenever Dan or Jeff makes a joke that's a bit more blue than normal

dude's too good for this planet

SUPER HOT VR reminds me of the Quicksilver scene in the X-Men movies and I want to play it. I hope sooner than later these companies get past the exclusive thing to where I can buy a Vive and be set.

oti

Banned
Im going to use this deliberately if SFV is on the top ten. And if SFV doesn't win both hottest mess and most dissapointing

Trashstiny made it. SFV >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vanilla Destiny

as if logic plays a role here lol I'm counting on you Jason haha RIP SFV

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Im going to use this deliberately if SFV is on the top ten. And if SFV doesn't win both hottest mess and most dissapointing
You know, they did say they are going to play Street Fighter at the end of the mail bag. Only explanation is that it is their GotY

The entire podcast was bad but he, what can they do.

"Let's talk about this for the third time this week."
Yeah they all collectively forgot how they made the last three podcasts together. Felt like I was going insane, but nope.

No I pulled it out of my ass but where else would they get revenue? Store merchandise? Their YouTube vids don't tend to get more than a few tens of thousands of views, I doubt they make any money off of those.

EDIT: Podcast ads right, okay no idea how much those make. 60%, 80%, some figure that would indicate a lot of subscribers
I wonder if they get money out of their wiki api. Like how Twitch uses it pretty extensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom