• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

CONTENT
WIC2hfZ.jpg

it irks me how jeff handles cdroms. It's a miracle that they work when they use them.

There were activities you could complete in LEGO Island but the heart of that game was wandering the island and observing all the bizarre absurdist little vignettes/skits that played out.

LEGO Island was Jazzpunk Zero.

Man Dishonored 2 is an architect's wet dream, I'm gonna do a high chaos run, butchering the entire population of Karnaca and bringing about a new dark age, just so I can casually stroll around admiring all these buildings in peace.

Btw, why do we never get mailbags from New York? Dont fans send stuff to Vinny and Alex?

We have already gotten mailbags from New York but its just not as frequent as West's mailbags.

People do send stuff and the quality has been pretty fucking high so far (badass fanart, custom made pieces, some Master Grade Gundams toys which can go into the 100s of US dollars and more recently some Master Piece Transformer toys which are close to 300 dollars.

Upset: Dan spends most of the GOTY podcasts in and out of the room trying to sell his apartment, leading to weak Hitman support and thus a DOOM goty

Btw, why do we never get mailbags from New York? Dont fans send stuff to Vinny and Alex?

beast doesn't really have a good space to do true mail bags. last/first one they got, vinny had to do it in the studio. And there was lots of production so not a real mail bag

Upset: Dan spends most of the GOTY podcasts in and out of the room trying to sell his apartment, leading to weak Hitman support and thus a DOOM goty

As much as I'd love Hitman to win GOTY, I don't think Dan deserves to push it to top spot. The truth is, he has barely played the game. Watching Brad play should not be enough to vote a game GOTY. You wouldn't want someone that barely played a game to be the reason why a game didn't get GOTY right? so why should that type of person be the reason why it gets GOTY.

killroy87

As much as I'd love Hitman to win GOTY, I don't think Dan deserves to push it to top spot. The truth is, he has barely played the game. Watching Brad play should not be enough to vote a game GOTY. You wouldn't want someone that barely played a game to be the reason why a game didn't get GOTY right? so why should that type of person be the reason why it gets GOTY.

Just to play devil's advocate, considering how much of the game he's experienced, what difference does it really make that his hands weren't always on the controller? He knows how it controls and can speak to it, after that he's still pretty much able to accurately gauge what the game is offering despite not being the one who played it.

Enforcing playing time quotas on the GOTY vote is not how it has ever worked. And doing so would make Overwatch GOTY by default.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Enforcing playing time quotas on the GOTY vote is not how it has ever worked. And doing so would make Overwatch GOTY by default.

Wait no I like this. Nobody's finished Overwatch, so nobody can vote for it. This preemptively avoids the Dota 2 7.0 problem next year should Brad fall off the wagon.

Boy, definitely stoked there's more VR talk on the Beastcast that was already covered in several other formats. Sure am glad every time someone farts in the VR space, it needs to be exhaustively covered on every bombcast. Not over it at all.

Just to play devil's advocate, considering how much of the game he's experienced, what difference does it really make that his hands weren't always on the controller? He knows how it controls and can speak to it, after that he's still pretty much able to accurately gauge what the game is offering despite not being the one who played it.

I don't consider watching a game being played as experiencing it. I accept that other people feel different on that.

Badass!

Have you tried SuperHot through the Vive, by chance? I seriously am tempted to buy it now and say screw waiting for the Touch controllers.

Also, my GOTY was Hitman until I played Rec Room. That is my GOTY.

I haven't tried it with the Vive, though people say it works great using Revive. Might give that a go today since I'm having people over for VR stuff.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I haven't tried it with the Vive, though people say it works great using Revive. Might give that a go today since I'm having people over for VR stuff.

I wound up caving and buying the Touch launch 5 game bundle. I'm super curious to see if I Expect You to Die works.

I am curious to see if Superhot VR winds up knocking Rec Room and Hitman down from my favorite titles this year.

I wound up caving and buying the Touch launch 5 game bundle. I'm super curious to see if I Expect You to Die works.

I am curious to see if Superhot VR winds up knocking Rec Room and Hitman down from my favorite titles this year.

It'll definitely be on my list. I have 3 VR games that will, in fact. I'm leaving Rec Room off because it's Early Access though.

Swery's first VR game, GOD OF MONEY. Build is here.

Just fucking shovel that money off at the peasants.

Like going to wikipedia to read a plot synopsis and dq'ing it based on that, for instance

Or playing audio tracks through laptop speakers for all of ten seconds before a decision is made on its quality.

Lucio Ball and Junkenstein's Revenge were new modes, plus all the arcade events they do, plus the maps added. Come on, there's more to Overwatch patches than just cosmetics.

Or playing audio tracks through laptop speakers for all of ten seconds before a decision is made on its quality.

This did get us the fantastic Tropical Freeze segment though, and since I'm not invested in that game, it was worth it. But of all the categories, the music one is maybe the most poorly conceived. For one thing licensed soundtrack and score should not be considered for the same category and I feel strongly!!! about this!!!

Xater

This did get us the fantastic Tropical Freeze segment though, and since I'm not invested in that game, it was worth it. But of all the categories, the music one is maybe the most poorly conceived. For one thing licensed soundtrack and score should not be considered for the same category and I feel strongly!!! about this!!!

But then you run into problems if a game uses both.

Not a problem if they're just only awarding one aspect. Watch Dogs 2 has a great original score, but a pretty awful licensed soundtrack. As long as they're specific, there's a case to be made.

You'd still run into problems where sometimes the licensed music really makes the game's soundtrack, or a particular moment is strong (Saint's Row 3 using I Need a Hero) with licensed music. So then does the category become "Best use of music?"

I don't think it's worth the hassle to separate the music category like that. You'd get situations where games like Hotline Miami or Rocket League are excluded for using mostly licensed music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom