• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tucah

you speak so well
Perfect thread title. I go to Giant Bomb for all my small business and woodworking needs. GiantWood.com

popo

tEhkUil.png

Always the Bridesmaid.

Although I think a better label would be "GB superfans
with way too boring jobs
"

Shalarn

Neo Member
Listening to the Bombcast from this week, Jeff just mentioned the Nintendo investor group suggesting Mario have in app purchases for increasing the height of Mario's jump. It was such a bad idea I thought the investor was against bringing Nintendo games to a free to play model.

Timeless

I hate this thread title. You're basically helping them advertise. The Bombcast ads are great but I don't need them anywhere but the Bombcast.

Patryn

I hate this thread title. You're basically helping them advertise. The Bombcast ads are great but I don't need them anywhere but the Bombcast.

I am helping them advertise.... by not mentioning the name of the sponsor at all? Or what they do?

I am helping them advertise.... by not mentioning the name of the sponsor at all? Or what they do?

Just because you don't explicitly mention heytheresmallbusinessowner.com doesn't mean people on GAF won't be visiting the site after reading the title.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I don't even know why he is fighting a rat, and I don't actually want to know.
Also, everytime Brad says something like "Yeah, we should totally take a look at it" when they are talking about some NES game I die a bit inside cause I know it'll never happen, at least on camera

SHUT UP ABOUT STRIDER, THAT ONE DOESN'T COUNT

def sim

Aw

The thread title is innocuous enough. I can't see it directly relating to whatever business they advertise.

Weird, I listed to all their bombcast ads and I can't remember what they're about.

Pretty sure they've used the "small business owner" line with at least three different products, it's not specific to any one advert or company.

What madness is happening in your avatar?

Isn't it obvious? Male Bayonetta, also known as Mayonetta.

It's from the very end of last week's UPF, after the name had come up earlier (I guess during Castlevania?).
Also, everytime Brad says something like "Yeah, we should totally take a look at it" when they are talking about some NES game I die a bit inside cause I know it'll never happen, at least on camera
I guess it's because every time they play them it turns out the games were actually pretty shit (Strider and that one Genesis game as recent examples).

Patryn

It just means that this title advertises for 3 (or more) products at one time. Disgusting, capitalism at work folks.

You caught me. I'm secretly a viral marketer for every product that has ever existed or will ever exist. We did a bunch of market research and discovered that the best way to advertise to consumers was to utilize the title of a thread about a gaming web site. It's the only way that people will know that every single item in all dimensions and realities actually exist!

But now I'm foiled. And sadly we'll have to begin destroying everything because our plan is ruined. You'll be getting the notice about your own personal destruction date sometime in the next 4 millenniums, so you may want to stand by your mailbox and wait for its arrival so you don't miss it.

Lijik

yeah smh i cant believe Vinny is getting all of this free advertising for his small business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom