• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You caught me. I'm secretly a viral marketer for every product that has ever existed or will ever exist. We did a bunch of market research and discovered that the best way to advertise to consumers was to utilize the title of a thread about a gaming web site. It's the only way that people will know that every single item in all dimensions and realities actually exist!

But now I'm foiled. And sadly we'll have to begin destroying everything because our plan is ruined. You'll be getting the notice about your own personal destruction date sometime in the next 4 millenniums, so you may want to stand by your mailbox and wait for its arrival so you don't miss it.
I don't believe this.
I'm going to mail my postage scale back using the free stamps I got for signing up.

chogidogs

Forgot to bring this up 2 Bombcasts ago but I was surprised when Vinny said that Dracula was still a threat when he was talking about LOS2. That meme is like 7 years old! Kinda felt like an Arrested Development callback that only a handful of people would appreciate. Loved it!

Kerned

Banned
Isn't it obvious? Male Bayonetta, also known as Mayonetta.

It's from the very end of last week's UPF, after the name had come up earlier (I guess during Castlevania?).

I guess it's because every time they play them it turns out the games were actually pretty shit (Strider and that one Genesis game as recent examples).

I've missed UPF for a couple of weeks. I actually was going to guess it was "mayonetta" but I had no clue what that could possible mean.

I'm so sad.

Jeff linked/shared/whatevered this on his tumblr.

0CmEICT.jpg

The phone number just takes you to a lady talk line thing now...
I suppose phone sex is great, if that's what you want, but I was totally ready to get a black knight 2000 shirt.

I really wish I could make a website about my small business selling stamps but I just haven't trained my brain enough to figure it out.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I suppose phone sex is great, if that's what you want, but I was totally ready to get a black knight 2000 shirt.

I tried both and there really isn't that much difference between sex and Black Knight 2000. Except Black Knight is better, cheaper and lasts longer.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Jeff Gerstmann ‏@jeffgerstmann 1h

First order of business now that I’m in charge? More Playroom streams, no more video games! pic.twitter.com/W6hCk7Z2r7

is this just a joke or did he get promoted at cbsi? i ask because there have been rumblings of change and whatnot

Megasoum

Banned

First order of business now that I’m in charge? More Playroom streams, no more video games! pic.twitter.com/W6hCk7Z2r7

is this just a joke or did he get promoted at cbsi? i ask because there have been rumblings of change and whatnot

I REALLY doubt they would give him a promotion via a prepaid code.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Did you even look at the picture?

He owns twitch now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ah sorry i didnt see the picture... dude gimme a breka i JUST woke up :(

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

I'm not really sure where else they could promote him to that he would even want to go.

Also, I'm pretty sure he just redeemed the Twitch app on Xbox.com

Fevaweva

I loving Brad's runthrough of Demon's Souls. People say its a glorified Endurance Run but Brad has legitimately been broken several times, so I still feel the title is relevant

popo

Only a half hour in to the latest bombcast and it has some choice quotes.

The Vinny deep fryer one.

"My knees almost buckled ... I swear to Christ." (Brad)

"Is there a diff ... I think there is a difference between ponies and miniature horses?" (Drew).

I'm not really sure where else they could promote him to that he would even want to go.

Also, I'm pretty sure he just redeemed the Twitch app on Xbox.com

I bet he could take John Davisons old job - VP over GB, GS and Metacritic - but Jeff wants less business crap not more.

Deadstar

I loving Brad's runthrough of Demon's Souls. People say its a glorified Endurance Run but Brad has legitimately been broken several times, so I still feel the title is relevant

It's the main reason I resubbed. The run is so good and entertaining. He's doing very well for having never played through the game before.

Ken

I'm so sad.

Jeff linked/shared/whatevered this on his tumblr.

That is a cool shirt and now you've made me sad.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
It's the main reason I resubbed. The run is so good and entertaining. He's doing very well for having never played through the game before.

He's played Dark Souls, though. If he was completely fresh, he would have broken already.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Kinect quick looks are the best. Hopefully they start pushing out some kinect shovelware soon. Bring back the green screen!

chucks challenge quick look oh boy

if you dont know

its like a pseudo sequel to chips challenge

which you also might not know but oh well

While I think Breaking Brad is the best feature on Giantbomb, I think they're steamrolling through games too fast. 4-5 hours of Demon's Souls per week? Milk that shit with one 2-hour session every wednesday and that's it. Stick to that schedule so I can reliably know what content is on Giantbomb. Patrick can do his game on Monday, Bombcast Tuesday, Daily (Weekly) Dota on Thursday, UPF on Friday, with Quick Looks interspersed. While I like spontaneity, when you're a content driven site, you have to restrain yourself and get on a schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom